• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I chew tobacco and am trying to quit for God so that I don't come across as if self destructive. But I really don't care one way or another except that tobacco is highly addictive and cost a lot of money.
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

Reactions: shortangel

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!
See I knew you wanted to correct me. Hahaha. But really I'm trying to quit for God. But I don't want to come across like I love my life too much and therefore hold onto it too much.

John 12:25-27

New King James Version

25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Tokers, IMHO-
1. drive at about 2-3 miles under the limit and always looking in the mirrors and over shoulders hence, MUCH safer on the road than a drunk.
2. Tend to really enjoy their food later on :Broadly:
3. Are calm.
4. Get's your mind thinking.
5. Improves artistic ability.
J :My2c::Hanging::Agreed:
Oh sister, you got that right about big pharma! Follow the money.
#1. I found I can't drive even at 2-3 miles an hr, everything's tooooooo interesting !
#2, Don't eat near as much but enjoy the taste like it was manna.
#3. So calm & mellow
#4. I turn into a philosopher.....lol.

4 outta 5 ain't bad.....lol

@Nancy @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Seems like you ladies speak with the voices of experience, as those who are, if not veteran tokers, yet knowledgeable with a commanding proficiency in what you accept as its benefits.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @shortangel Thanks for the 'like'; so would you describe yourself as reasonably knowledgeable of the experience and expertise referred to in the post, above, which you 'liked'?

I myself am not, but I know that a lot of ppl now - especially since it has been legalized in many places - are willing to acknowledge its benefits.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I could afford it all the time, and it was legal here, I would use it all the time.
The Dr once told me I have a syndrome where the cut off switch to rest doesn't work. ( can't remember the name )We tried script medicine high doses ppl would pay a lot on the street to get . They didn't work.

We have a legal sale here of delta 8 which is made from the same plant but claims not to contain thc. It effects me the same way as pot but it's vape and I can't vape,it suffocated me.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If I could afford it all the time, and it was legal here, I would use it all the time.
The Dr once told me I have a syndrome where the cut off switch to rest doesn't work. ( can't remember the name )We tried script medicine high does ppl would pay a lit on the street to get . They didn't work.

We have a legal sale here of delta 8 which is made from the same plant but claims not to contain thc. It effects me the same way as pot but it's vape and I can't vaoe,it suffocated me.
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Sounds like you would be fairly sympathetic to getting it out of state (not sure how that would work, though...)

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Well, I'm not advocating anything like that....

Sounds like you would be more experienced and know more than I do, anyway, about its potential benefits.

I have been around drugs since I was a teen in High School. I never smoked cigarettes nor pot until I was 36 y.o.

I've known many ppl who've been busted for just having the paraphernalia in their car.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have been around drugs since I was a teen in High School. I never smoked cigarettes nor pot until I was 36 y.o.

I've known many ppl who've been busted for just having the paraphernalia in their car.
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Did you find after 36 that mj did give some medicinal benefits, from your experience? I think your doctor might be marginally sympathetic although his hands are presumably tied in your state.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
See I knew you wanted to correct me. Hahaha. But really I'm trying to quit for God. But I don't want to come across like I love my life too much and therefore hold onto it too much.

John 12:25-27

New King James Version

25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.
lol.....how do I responded to second guessing except to stay silent :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So toking is OK but smoking is not?
Depends, if one goes all out chronic use with it, it can be ALMOST as bad as smoking tobacco. Most tobacco smokers have their pack of ciggs. right by their side and smoke throughout the day, most cannabis smokers do it maybe once or twice a day or should not do it more than that unless needed for ailment.
"Refer Madness" was propaganda for the logging industry btw...

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol.....how do I responded to second guessing except to stay silent :)
Are you saying I was second guessing myself? No I was clarifying since my post presented some ambiguity as to my thoughts on the issue. Not second guessing.

And I thought you were sticking with I and me.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have recently begun using delta 8 and delta 9 for the arthritis in my hands. I cut one gummy into 4 to 6 pieces. It does not make me loopy but helps my pain tremendously. I discovered it did by accident. I took one to prove to my mom that the gummies were hemp derivative, which can’t get you stoned. But what she had ordered online was delta 9. It’s different. So then I began to experience the same things she was saying she was experiencing. We both went to bed and were fine the next morning. For the next few days, the pain in my hands was gone. It was noticeable because it’s a 24/7 pain and it was suddenly gone.

I’m sure I’ll get an oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! out of this. :)

It has also helped me for tight muscles in my neck, headache, and nausea during this Covid bout.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you saying I was second guessing myself? No I was clarifying since my post presented some ambiguity as to my thoughts on the issue. Not second guessing.

And I thought you were sticking with I and me.
your comment in post #42 where you said 'See I knew you wanted to correct me.' was second guessing me.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember The Eber Scroll saying to put a piece of moldy bread on a cut and am amazed by it all over again that there are natural anti inflammatories that are maybe better than the nsaids they create in a laboratory.

Not that I would necessarily choose moldy bread over an antibiotic prescription, but it’s fairly amazing that penicillin is made from mold!

Reactions: Nancy