• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My preference is to use I instead of we, to use me or my instead of our.
Speaking in the first person allows me to own my stuff....it makes me self honest.
Speaking in the third person is a convenient way of diffusing ownership.....subsequently giving myself permission to be dishonest with myself.

Well, some of us just consider ourselves to now be a we. We can’t help it. It’s just truly how we see ourselves now, as a body.
The op was including herself in what she wrote, as was plain to see by her apology at the end of the post. She was sharing what she had just seen with us.

So you came across as suggesting that she might be being dishonest with herself when we saw nothing of that in her op. So, she used the inclusion of we/us and no one felt anything but a reminder and an uplift. You didn’t use inclusive language and we felt you were suggesting dishonesty.
So…hmm…

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just got the full dose of whip and nae nae. Now I know what you're talking about.... And he goes for the ignore button to deter further attacks on his character.

Lol, explain it to me then! I thought it seemed random but knew she had a point she was making, I just couldn’t grasp it…

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had to research that one a little. My Dad's neighbor recently died of skin and then brain cancer. And my Dad told me (he often assumes things) that she died because she used medicinal pot. So I looked online and there is current research into whether or not pot causes cancer. But the research is still under way. There is some research that seems to support that it in fact does cause cancer, but they said it was unclear at this point.

"Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke is an irritant to the throat and lungs and can cause a heavy cough during use. It also contains levels of volatile chemicals and tar that are similar to tobacco smoke, raising concerns about risk for cancer and lung disease."

I chew tobacco and am trying to quit for God so that I don't come across as if self destructive. But I really don't care one way or another except that tobacco is highly addictive and cost a lot of money.

Cannabis in anti-cancer. It literally kills cancer cells. Smoke of any kind can cause cancer though. God didn't say "I give you every seed bearing herb to smoke" lol. I think if people eat it any cancer risk would be eliminated. Cannabis is not good for anyone with any kind of mental illness as I am sure you know. But if someone has cancer, Cannabis was made for it.

I am praying that you successfully quit chewing tobacco. I have heard that CBD does help with tobacco withdrawal It is anti-anxiety so I could see it helping.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, explain it to me then! I thought it seemed random but knew she had a point she was making, I just couldn’t grasp it…
Hmmm, I think it's just something you have to experience to fully understand. I'm going to be cautious here to not explain as what I find with certain members is that they attack to get a response. And if it's a negative response they report. And I'm just tired of mind games really.

I come to the "Christian" forum and what I expect is for people to act like Christians. And I don't always get that.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cannabis in anti-cancer. It literally kills cancer cells. Smoke of any kind can cause cancer though. God didn't say "I give you every seed bearing herb to smoke" lol. I think if people eat it any cancer risk would be eliminated. Cannabis is not good for anyone with any kind of mental illness as I am sure you know. But if someone has cancer, Cannabis was made for it.

I am praying that you successfully quit chewing tobacco. I have heard that CBD does help with tobacco withdrawal It is anti-anxiety so I could see it helping.
Yep, before I had my mental illness I used pot and it didn't have any negative effects on my psychi too much. But I came down with the illness in my late 20's. In my early 20's I had severe depression and anxiety. That depression and anxiety caused my mind to just snap one day and I started hallucinating. It cured the anxiety and depression but morphed into schizophrenia. I've tried pot since and it just isn't a pleasant experience for me.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Mantis

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm, I think it's just something you have to experience to fully understand. I'm going to be cautious here to not explain as what I find with certain members is that they attack to get a response. And if it's a negative response they report. And I'm just tired of mind games really.

I come to the "Christian" forum and what I expect is for people to act like Christians. And I don't always get that.

um…okay…
I’ll probably go with my first vague impression while watching the old people shaking their heads no and wagging their fingers.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find that if I understand a person and their faith or direction here, it helps me to not get offended.
Absolutely! I find the same thing true for myself. Keeping in mind what we're here for helps me to not be offended, and to watch how I'm responding. If we're here in the Spirit of Christ we are here to make each other's lives better first spiritually, and then in any other way that God makes a way.

Much love!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely! I find the same thing true for myself. Keeping in mind what we're here for helps me to not be offended, and to watch how I'm responding. If we're here in the Spirit of Christ we are here to make each other's lives better first spiritually, and then in any other way that God makes a way.

Much love!
Very true. I guess I expect people to be kind to each other. Like I'm at church or something. Cause at church everyone smiles and is pleasant. It's so refreshing :)

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a large part I can or want to only write my journey.
In another thread several my journey posts from other posters. Filled out discussion beyond what the individual "I"s could as individuals alone.
And then a me, me, me came in with many one verse rules do show us how wrong we are.
Which fired up the Holy Spirit in me, I tried to stay in the Holy Spirit and pretty much did.
but my, me responses to the someone else's ME posts I was put in double edged discussion I trying to keep my in me in check when some other I was a holier-than-thou ME, that didn't seem in check at all.

I read the Bible for myself. Teachers have done exercises with me that show that one verse out of chapter used by itself will change the meaning of the verse compared to what it's meaning is in the chapter. In teaching that one verse is easily twisted. One chapter protects one verse from misuses and three chapters, the one chapter before and the chapter after protect the one verse in the form it is written in. But as some as I post that some ME of one thousand and one individual verses is going to try to run me over with those one thousand and one verses. Because their, me just knows that their one thousand and one out of context to anything the writer intended, are the end all of all knowledge. I am sorry but the Holy Spirit in me is, is not trying to hold me back against this! The Holy Spirit is trying to keep me in a loving spirit of kindness while going to war with the devils misuses of one thousand and one verses.

Alfredthefifth

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We and us is also good when you're part of a group like a church group. It reflects a group conscious and that I'm not alone. Power and happiness in numbers.

I think there is a time to look into one's self. But usually only when I'm flawed, then I use I and me. But I'm part of the family and group so me being flawed is still and us and we thing. But staying in the I and me is not what God intended either. He promotes charity and love towards others. And that is an "us" and "we" concept. We are part of the body of Christ, all of us.

Reactions: shortangel

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We and us is also good when you're part of a group like a church group. It reflects a group conscious and that I'm not alone. Power and happiness in numbers.

I think there is a time to look into one's self. But usually only when I'm flawed, then I use I and me. But I'm part of the family and group so me being flawed is still and us and we thing. But staying in the I and me is not what God intended either. He promotes charity and love towards others. And that is an "us" and "we" concept. We are part of the body of Christ, all of us.

I would like to leave the me out of it and be WE, yes with capital letters. But some here are so hardcore that if you don't believe their one verse version of Christianity, that their Bishops are totally infallible, why you just can't be a Christian!

Those people get my ME going. More so when they get caught in equivocation and denials of proven truths and double down in outright untruths.
Then it is only because I hate them that I say these things, is their claim.

I do not hate THE CHURCH roman catholic that is. BUT I sure see a lot of hatred from THE CHURCH towards anything protestant.
Just like the snooty kid on a playground that got caught at anything, making the claim "well you hated me first!"
I feel sad for those living under the BISHOPS. But how can I hate the misled? The bishops claim that protestants hated them first. But leave out the persecution and killing of anyone that dared question them, this going back 1600 years at least.

I see why THE CHURCH has to hate me, I ask questions that put power prestige and authority at risk. I don't have to be anything but sad to have to ask those questions. Hate has nothing to do with my asking questions. The hatred returned to those questions is more telling than many realize.

Alfredthefifth

Reactions: dev553344

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a large part I can or want to only write my journey.
In another thread several my journey posts from other posters. Filled out discussion beyond what the individual "I"s could as individuals alone.
And then a me, me, me came in with many one verse rules do show us how wrong we are.
Which fired up the Holy Spirit in me, I tried to stay in the Holy Spirit and pretty much did.
but my, me responses to the someone else's ME posts I was put in double edged discussion I trying to keep my in me in check when some other I was a holier-than-thou ME, that didn't seem in check at all.

I read the Bible for myself. Teachers have done exercises with me that show that one verse out of chapter used by itself will change the meaning of the verse compared to what it's meaning is in the chapter. In teaching that one verse is easily twisted. One chapter protects one verse from misuses and three chapters, the one chapter before and the chapter after protect the one verse in the form it is written in. But as some as I post that some ME of one thousand and one individual verses is going to try to run me over with those one thousand and one verses. Because their, me just knows that their one thousand and one out of context to anything the writer intended, are the end all of all knowledge. I am sorry but the Holy Spirit in me is, is not trying to hold me back against this! The Holy Spirit is trying to keep me in a loving spirit of kindness while going to war with the devils misuses of one thousand and one verses.

Alfredthefifth

Lol Alfred, I got lost in all the I's, and me's and didnt understand your post.

Is this a rebuttal against myself or another. Im sorry if I'm sounding ignorant right now.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello people.
This is what we sometimes forget in our anonymity online in forums. We are ALL just really ppl ! Created by God, birthed of our parents, shaped by nature and nurture. We are more than names. We have personalities that are shared, unless you're a really talented fake. We have our past influences that shaped us to go against God in sin. We have or had jobs, family, money or not, ( not ). We have our relationship to God that is professed BUT WE SOMETIMES FORGET THAT WE ARE REAL! WE LIVE LIVES !

I learned the other day of a brother who's family is suffering through a beloved spouses cancer, here amongst us ,( ONJ just passed from cancer). How many more that are SILIENT through families or self suffering with issues facing mortality ! We have offspring, grands, greats, and others in our life we care about, why do we seemingly care little for each other here?

We go against God's words with each other in our beliefs at times hard, bitter, nasty, unkind with hatred & anger ooooozing in our penned words, WHY! Do we really not love God to the obedience of his commandment he showed us in JOHN 3:16 !

I WISH TO APOLOGIZE TO ALL AND ALSO THOSE WHOM JUST READ WHAT WE WRITE. IN OFFENDING YOU, I HAVE OFFENDED MY GOD........" I AM SORRY",
PLEASE ..FORGIVE ME IN GRACE" I WILL TRY AND LET THE SPIRIT INSTEAD OF SELF WRITE UNTO YOU, AGAIN I AM SORRY".

L.A.M.B. ‍♀️
Hello Lamb, Great post, We thank you for sharing, as we take heed to ourselves and DO HIS COMMANDMENTS. Proverbs 28:13

Love always, Walter and Debbie