I Will Not Compromise My Christianity! Netflix Subscription Canceled!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WALSH: If You’re A Christian, Netflix Doesn’t Want Your Business

Netflix has caused controversy by streaming a “comedy” special that depicts Jesus as a homosexual and his mother as God’s pot-smoking mistress. This comes to us from a “comedy” group with a history of sacrilegious content of this sort, including, reportedly, a skit that portrays Christ as a homicidal sadist. other than this i have no idea
I dropped Netflix years ago, that is a sick comedy skit, I hope these boycotts effect them.

I got lambasted practically on another gay thread here for being hardcore against homosexuals, this is the kind of garbage acceptance breeds.

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same thing has happened over on that of Hallmark over a same sex couple marriage. Really Hallmark is better than that.

B

Butterfly

My Savior is Not Gay! He is LOVE like you can't even imagine!! More Cancellations are coming! All I have left is Amazon Prime now! It's NEXT!! All I need is MY Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! I will NOT compromise MY Christianity!!!!!!!!!!

The Lord Jesus Christ ONLY, is Worthy of all our Praise and Worship!
Eternity is a Very long Time!
Satan Loves Distractions!
Ok, so I get why this show has caused issues, the show is not on my Netflix, I believe it was made in Brazil - but the whole motive and point of these shows is to hit raw nerves and create a reaction, which in turn actually promotes it with the publicity.
What I don' understand is the awareness that Netflix has had shows like, ' South Park ' on it for years, which often endeavours to hit at raw nerves as well- and often depicts Jesus In negative ways- so why have you not boycotted Netflix before ?
Personally I just don't watch programs that do this - there are many Christian movies on Netflix and shows that I feel quite happy about watching. Its your right to boycotte - but Netflix is a business and they are not just endeavouring to reach Christians - they are part of the world, and we live in a society that seems to think everyone is fair game to mock , South Park actually has a go at everyone, included Mohammad.
Rita

Reactions: Helen
B

Butterfly

Let the NetFlix cowards try their shenanigans with Islam, portraying Mohammed as such.
As I stated in my earlier post, Netflix has ' South Park ' and they have made fun of Mohammed - infact no one escapes their storylines ( I personally do not watch it but my son does ) The writers actually state that they are not going to allow terrorism to dictate what they write about.
Rita

Reactions: Giuliano

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I stated in my earlier post, Netflix has ' South Park ' and they have made fun of Mohammed - infact no one escapes their storylines ( I personally do not watch it but my son does ) The writers actually state that they are not going to allow terrorism to dictate what they write about.
Rita
That's easy for a writer to say, but when terrorism hits the wallet the company's decision will prevail over the writer's bravado.

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so I get why this show has caused issues, the show is not on my Netflix

With all respect and the Love of our Savior Jesus Christ. You must not see that my membership to the Christianity Boards begin in 2008? Secondly, you may not have seen my post beginning in July 10th 2019. I was separated by strongholds since my last post of April 11, 2013.

1. Profile Post
    Time for me to become less and allow Jesus to become more.
    Time for me to become less and allow Jesus to become more.
    Status Update by jshiii, Jul 10, 2019

2. Thread
    U/S Guided IV Insertion in the Emergency Department
    I am always looking to glorify Christ in my earthly job...job being a health care provider. My goal is compassion and to decrease human...
    Thread by: jshiii, Apr 11, 2013, 2 replies, in forum: Christian Debate Forum

3rdly, I have only had Netflix a few months. I have overcome the Strongholds that robbed me of so many years of being a witness/vessel for Christ. So I have not had much time to watch Netflix and see the evil that comes from it. So forgive me for not being that normal cable TV connoisseur.

I'm tired this morning from a long nite of yielding to the Holy Spirit and trying to allow his, Jesus's healing to flow through me to the Christians who are sick and the unbelievers who are just as sick. I apologize. However, in sadness and unworthiness, I prayed for forgiveness! I mistakenly, believed a whisper from the evil one, I thought it was from God. Earlier this past Sunday, we had evil come into our workplace and threaten one of our police officers. The same evil threatened to take the gun of our officer and stick it in his mouth and kill him. He was removed from the property by a lot of Police, thank the Lord! So glad it didn't make headline news! I was worried and overcome with fear that I could be tortured or even killed. The whisper I heard, "Who do think you are? Do you think you are better than Jesus?" "What makes you think you can't be tortured or spit on, or worse killed on the cross?". Well this whisper brought me fear, I thought it was from the Holy Spirit and was caught up in a Spirit of fear for the last 3 days. Thank the Lord, I was with a friend tonight that reminded me that the our God is gentle and loving when he speaks to us. It reminded me of 2 Corinthians 10:5 "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." I was set free of this lie! This morning I screamed out in tears and prayer......

A Warrior's Prayer with Scriptural Reference...

Last edited:

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so I get why this show has caused issues, the show is not on my Netflix

A Warrior's Prayer with Scriptural Reference

My dear Lord Jesus, I come to you now to be restored in you, to renew my place in you, my allegiance to you, and to receive from you all the grace and mercy I so desperately need this day. I honor you as my sovereign Lord, and I surrender every aspect of my life totally and completely to you. I give you my body as a living sacrifice. I give you my heart, soul, mind, and strength; and I give you up my spirit as well.

I cover myself with your blood, my spirit, my soul, and my body. And I ask your Holy Spirit to restore my union with you, and seal me in you, and guide me in this time of prayer. In all that I pray, I include (my family by name) acting as their head, I bring them under my authority and covering, and I come under your authority and covering Holy Spirit. Apply to them all that I now pray on their behalf.

Dear God, holy and victorious Trinity, you alone are worthy of all my worship, my hearts devotion, all my praise and all my trust and all the glory of my life. I worship you, bow to you, and give myself over to you in my heart’s search for life. You alone are Life, and you have become my life. I renounce all other gods, all idols, and I give you the place in my heart and in my life that you truly deserve. I confess here and now that it is all about you God, and not about me. You are the Hero of this story, and I belong to you. Forgive me God for my every sin. Search me and know me and reveal to me any aspect of my life that is not pleasing to you. Expose any agreements I have made, and grant me the grace of a deep and true repentance.

Heavenly Father, thank you for loving me and choosing me before you made the world.1 You are my true Father, my Creator, my Redeemer, my Sustainer, and the true end of all things, including my life. I love you; I trust you; I worship you. Thank you for proving your love for me by sending your only Son, Jesus, to be my substitute and representative2. I receive him and all his life and all his work, which you ordained for me. Thank you for including me in Christ3, for forgiving me my sins4, for granting me his righteousness5, for making me complete in him6. Thank you for making me alive with Christ7, raising me with him8, seating me with him at your right hand9, for granting me his authority10, and anointing me with your Holy Spirit11. I receive it all with thanks and give it total claim to my life.

Jesus, thank you for coming for me, for ransoming me with your own life12. I honor you as my Lord; I love you, worship you, and trust you. I sincerely receive you as my redemption, and I receive all the work and triumph of your crucifixion, whereby I am cleansed from all my sins through your shed blood13, my old nature is removed14, my heart is circumcised unto God15, and every claim being made against me is disarmed16. I take my place in your cross and death, whereby I have died with you to sin and to my flesh17, to the world18, and to the Evil one19. I am crucified with Christ, and I have crucified my flesh with all its passions and desires20. I take up my cross and crucify my flesh with all its pride, unbelief, and idolatry. I put off the old man21. I now bring the cross of Christ between me and all people, all spirits, all things. Holy Spirit, apply to me (my family) the fullness of the work of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ for me. I receive it with thanks and give it total claim to my life.

Jesus, I also sincerely receive you as my new life, my holiness and sanctification, and I receive all the work and triumph of your resurrection, whereby I have been raised with you to a new life22, to walk in newness of life, dead to sin and alive to God23. I am crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me24. I now take my place in your resurrection, whereby I have been made alive with you25. I reign in life through you26. I now put on the new man in all holiness and humility, in all righteousness and purity and truth. Christ is now my life27, the one who strengthens me28. Holy Spirit, apply to me (my family) the fullness of the resurrection of Jesus Christ for me. I receive it with thanks and give it total claim to my life.

Jesus, I also sincerely receive you as my authority and rule, my everlasting victory over Satan and his kingdom, and I receive all the work and triumph of your ascension, whereby Satan has been judged and cast down29, his rulers and authorities disarmed30, all authority in heaven and on earth given to you, Jesus31, and I have been given fullness in you, the Head over all32. I take my place in your ascension, whereby I have been raised with you to the right hand of the Father and established with you in all authority33. I bring your authority and your kingdom rule over my life, my family, my household, and my domain. And now I bring the fullness of your work, your cross, resurrection, and ascension against Satan, against his kingdom, and against all his emissaries and all their work warring against me and my domain. Greater is he who is in me than he who is in the world34. Christ has given me authority to overcome all the power of the Evil One, and I claim that authority now over and against every enemy, and I banish them in the name of Jesus Christ35. Holy Spirit, apply to me (my family) the fullness of the work of the ascension of Jesus Christ for me. I receive it with thanks and give it total claims to my life.

Holy Spirit, I sincerely receive you as my Counselor, my Comforter, my Strength, and my Guide36. Thank you for sealing me in Christ37. I honor you as my Lord, and I ask you to lead me into all truth, to anoint me for all of my life and walk and calling, and to lead me deeper into Jesus today38. I fully open my life to you in every dimension and aspect, my body, my soul, and my spirit, choosing to be filled with you, to walk in step with you in all things39. Apply to me, blessed Holy Spirit, all of the work and all of the gifts in Pentecost40. Fill me afresh, blessed Holy Spirit. I receive you with thanks and give you total claim to my life (and my family).

Heavenly Father, thank you for granting me every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies in Christ Jesus41. I receive those blessings into my life today, and I ask the Holy Spirit to bring all those blessings into my life this day. Thank you for the blood of Jesus. Wash me once more with his blood from every sin and stain and evil desire. I put on your armor; the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the shoes of the readiness of the gospel of peace, the helmet of salvation. I take up the shield of faith and the sword of the spirit, the Word of God, and I wield these weapons against the Evil One in the power of God. I choose to pray at all times in the Spirit, to be strong in you, Lord, and in your might42. Father, thank you for your angels. I summon them in the authority of Jesus Christ and release them to war for me and my household43. May they guard me at all times this day. Thank you for those who pray for me. I confess I need their prayers, and I ask you to send forth your Spirit and rouse them, unite them, raising up the full canopy of prayer and intercession for me44. I call forth the kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ this day throughout my home, my family, my life and my domain. I pray all of this in the name of Jesus Christ, with all glory and honor and thanks to him.

Scriptural Reference

1. Ephesians 1:4

2. Romans 5:8

3. I Corinthians 1:30

4. Colossians 2:13

5. 2 Corinthians 5:21

6. Colossians 2:10

7. Colossians 2:13

8. Colossians 3:1

9. Ephesians 2:6

10. Luke 10:19; Ephesians 2:6

11. Ephesians 1:13

12. Matthew 20:28

13. 1 John 1:9

14. Colossians 2:11

15. Romans 2:29

16. Colossians 2:15

17. Romans 6:11

18. Galatians 6:14

19. Colossians 1:13

20. Galatians 2:20

21. Ephesians 4:22

22. Romans 6:4

23. Romans 6:1

24. Galatians 2:20

25. Ephesians 2:5

26. Romans 5:17

27. Colossians 3:4

28. Philippians 4:13

29. John 12:31

30. Colossians 2:15

31. Matthew 28:18

32. Colossians 2:10

33. Ephesians 2:6

34. 1 John 4:4

35. Luke 10:19

36. John 14:16; Acts 9:31

37. Ephesians 1:13

38. John 15:26; 16:13

39. Galatians 5:25

40. Ephesians 4:8

41. Ephesians 1:3

42. Ephesians 6:10-18

43. Hebrews 1:14

44. 2 Corinthians 1:8-11

I'm sleepy now. Goodnite!

B

Butterfly

Well that may well happen in time, but my comment was to address the fact that you claimed Mohammed was not included in these programs that are on Netflix.
Rita

B

Butterfly

Jshiii,
I am sorry but I dont remember everyone's first post, or all the testimonies. You answered my question about Netflix, if you haven't been on there much then you would not know all that is on there.
Rita

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Well that may well happen in time, but my comment was to address the fact that you claimed Mohammed was not included in these programs that are on Netflix.
Rita

Fear of death and injury is a useful motivational tool to get the carnal minded to comply with your will.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so I get why this show has caused issues, the show is not on my Netflix, I believe it was made in Brazil - but the whole motive and point of these shows is to hit raw nerves and create a reaction, which in turn actually promotes it with the publicity.
What I don' understand is the awareness that Netflix has had shows like, ' South Park ' on it for years, which often endeavours to hit at raw nerves as well- and often depicts Jesus In negative ways- so why have you not boycotted Netflix before ?
Personally I just don't watch programs that do this - there are many Christian movies on Netflix and shows that I feel quite happy about watching. Its your right to boycotte - but Netflix is a business and they are not just endeavouring to reach Christians - they are part of the world, and we live in a society that seems to think everyone is fair game to mock , South Park actually has a go at everyone, included Mohammad.
Rita
Then why doesn't Netflix go ALL the way and show how "courageous" they are and produce a comedy about a Gay Mohammed??
I wonder how long it would take for literal heads to roll . . .

Disgusting cowards like Netflix constantly go after Christianity because they know they can get away with it.
Let's see how far they would get producing an anti-Islamic movie . . .

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then why doesn't Netflix go ALL the way and show how "courageous" they are and produce a comedy about a Gay Mohammed??

Disgusting cowards like Netflix constantly go after Christianity because they know they can get away with it.

thumbup1[1].gif

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the same cowardly hypocrisy that we saw at the Awards shows a few years ago after the bombing at the French magazine "Charlie Hebdo".

The Hollywood Elites were all wearing protest buttons that said "I am charlie Hebdo" - as if they were somehow "brave" for showing their solidarity.
The same hypocrite who constantly mock Christ - but wouldn't DARE mock Mohammed . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't quit what I never started... :)

Myspace, facebook, twitter, Netflix, blah,blah,blah on and on...

Just have too many outside things I like to do..

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: jshiii
B

Butterfly

Well you will have to ask Netflix that question !!?
I was addressing a point in another post that claimed Netflix never showed anything against Mohammed - I was merely stating that they do, it may not be to the extreme that you have stated, and I suspect that you may well be right. I was not defending Netflix about what they have allowed.
Rita

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you will have to ask Netflix that question !!?
I was addressing a point in another post that claimed Netflix never showed anything against Mohammed - I was merely stating that they do, it may not be to the extreme that you have stated, and I suspect that you may well be right. I was not defending Netflix about what they have allowed.
Rita
Yes - and my point was not to argue with you - but to show the cowardly hypocrisy of the media at large.
They have NO problem attacking Christ because Christians don't usually react violently - so they feel they can get away with it.

I was simply posing the question - if there are NO sacred cows - then why not attack Islam or Mohammed directly and see how that goes??
They won't because they are hypocrites and cowards.

These are the same idiots who demonize heterosexuals for objecting to unisex bathrooms that appease a ridiculously small percentage of the gender-confused population because they fear the LGBTQ,etc backlash.
The same morons who tell us that wearing fur is a sacrilege - but aborting babies is a "woman's right".

If every Christian voted their conscience and stopped paying for nonsense like a service that portrays a gay Jesus with a pot-smoking Mary - this world wouldn't be reeling out of control.

WE
are to blame because we have done nothing to stop - or even slow the progress of the moral cesspool that the world has become. And for people to continue to pay for services like Netflix - who has shown that they are an enemy of God - this is something that I wouldn't want to have to answer to God for when I'm being judged.

B

Butterfly

We certainly live in a mixed up world x
As to whether it's right or wrong to subscribe to Netflix..... Not sure about that,
I mean you go into any book shop and I guarantee that there will be loads of books that are anti God, but it's doesn't mean I am answerable for what the owners choose to put on their shelves, I am answerable for what I choose to buy from that shop and what I choose to read.......
Same if you go into a newsagents - you might buy a decent newspaper ( if one actually exists these days !! ) on the top shelf may be all kinds of magazines full of porn, well I am not responsible for those magazines being there.......
Rita

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As to whether it's right or wrong to subscribe to Netflix..... Not sure about that,
I mean you go into any book shop and I guarantee that there will be loads of books that are anti God, but it's doesn't mean I am answerable for what the owners choose to put on their shelves, I am answerable for what I choose to buy from that shop and what I choose to read.......
Same if you go into a newsagents - you might buy a decent newspaper ( if one actually exists these days !! ) on the top shelf may be all kinds of magazines full of porn, well I am not responsible for those magazines being there.......
Rita
If you buy books from a store that sells antiGod books you are helping the owner to stay in business and so you are indirectly helping to make those book available.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita
It’s different with a book shop because they aren‘t the authors. There may be books that you might have a problem with but they are simply selling them.

It's different with Netfix and this abomination they are airing about a gay Christ and a pot-smoking Mary because THEY produced it. This is a “NETFLIX Original”. They chose to create this filth – so it’s easy to know where to place the blame.

Last edited:
B

Butterfly

It’s different with a book shop because they aren‘t the authors. There may be books that you might have a problem with but they are simply selling them.

It's different with Netfix and this abomination they are airing about a gay Christ and a pot-smoking Mary because THEY produced it. This is a “NETFLIX Original”. They chose to create this filth – so it’s easy to know where to place the blame.
I did not realise it was a netflix original - as I said it's not showing on my netflix ( think all countries have their own list of programs to watch ) Will have to have a
rethink about this xx
Rita