I Will Not Compromise My Christianity! Netflix Subscription Canceled!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David Wilkerson said:- When the TV comes into the house the Holy Spirit leaves. It may not be totally true...who knows ... I'm even concerned about the number of DVD's we have to re-watch. I'm not perfect in this area yet...but I have at least stopped buying them now.
Hi Helen,

I don't think the Holy Spirit takes a "TV or Me" stance. We can well use our TV's to edify, not just to pollute.

But I very much agree, we need to be clear in our conscience what we do use it for.

Much love!

Reactions: Helen and ScottA

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Savior is Not Gay! He is LOVE like you can't even imagine!! More Cancellations are coming! All I have left is Amazon Prime now! It's NEXT!! All I need is MY Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! I will NOT compromise MY Christianity!!!!!!!!!!

The Lord Jesus Christ ONLY, is Worthy of all our Praise and Worship!
Eternity is a Very long Time!
Satan Loves Distractions!
I thought about this too but the fact is whenever you go to a store there are tons of magazines right at checkout that tell girls how to do things normally reserved for adult magazines. There are images, gossip, outright lies staring us in the face. And if we boycotted every store that had these things we could never buy groceries or gas or pretty much anything. Ya it bugs me too but where do you draw the line?

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought about this too but the fact is whenever you go to a store there are tons of magazines right at checkout that tell girls how to do things normally reserved for adult magazines. There are images, gossip, outright lies staring us in the face. And if we boycotted every store that had these things we could never buy groceries or gas or pretty much anything. Ya it bugs me too but where do you draw the line?

When is the last time you got on your knees and prayed to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? Me....this morning. Everyday. Minute by minute! I'm not PERFECT, but he is! I choose to yield to his Wisdom and Revelation! I used to ask those same questions, but now I hear our Lord say "John, I Love You!"

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if we boycotted every store that had these things we could never buy groceries or gas or pretty much anything. Ya it bugs me too but where do you draw the line?

Do not get into the habit of relying on secular commerce. I will lose my head before I would ever take the "Mark Of The Beast"...if I'm still here or not!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I draw the line at what I bring into my home, and what I put in front of my face.

And as I'm thinking about it . . . I realizing they don't even have those sorts of magazines where I do the majority of my shopping. I never realized that, just shopped where I've felt God wants me to get my food. Hooray! God is so good!

Much love!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, because drug addicts aren't parading for their right to shooting up being thought of as normal behavior.
So let me get this straight... You want to boycott Netflix over a commercial that had two women kissing BECAUSE drug addicts aren't parading for their right to shoot up.

I gotta go... I mean... Snowflakes have invaded this forum! Two women kiss and the freakin' world has ended!

See y'all later!

Reactions: historyb

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So let me get this straight... You want to boycott Netflix over a commercial that had two women kissing BECAUSE drug addicts aren't parading for their right to shoot up.

I gotta go... I mean... Snowflakes have invaded this forum! Two women kiss and the freakin' world has ended!

See y'all later!
No . . . I don't watch netflix at all, never have. No Amazon Prime, no Warner Cable, and no CBS and NBC.

Snowflakes! Don't let this controversy melt ya!

I'm saying that others consider homosexuality to be a hot button issue because the homosexuals have made it that way.

Boycott . . . what a loaded word! Like, I'm going to turn off my TV to make the networks change their tune. OK, many people approach it that way, but I don't. I just don't partake.

This world is going to go on with all their sin, but newsflash! That's not entertainment to me, and I don't have to watch it.

They will kiss and do much more, and the more time goes by, the more they'll show on TV . . . or maybe they already are, I don't actually know what they show, and I don't want to.

It's not entertainment to me but if this is entertainment to you, well, I'm not the TV police! I don't think it edifies.

Much love!

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. What a great and mighty warrior you are. When you get to heaven, I can imagine that conversation: Jeremiah was sawn asunder, Peter crucified upside down, Paul beheaded, Jesus Crucified, John boiled in a pot of oil and you cancelled netficks.

What happened? A couple of chicks kissed or something? Damn! You would've lost your mind watching Game of Thrones!

This world is filth... Yea, I get it. But I am not wasting my time on such. If you are going to run away from everything that is sin you will become a hermit. The you only have you own sins to run away from... But you can't! Cause they are yours!
Fear not the darkness, nor let the rain rule the day!

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When is the last time you got on your knees and prayed to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? Me....this morning. Everyday. Minute by minute! I'm not PERFECT, but he is! I choose to yield to his Wisdom and Revelation! I used to ask those same questions, but now I hear our Lord say "John, I Love You!"

Just be careful that you don't go around tooting your own horn...that's what the 'holier than thou, self righteous do. And we know what Jesus said about that.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proctor and Gamble, Netflix, Hallmark, Wal-mart all are bad including most other companies including Chick-Fil-A. If we boycott them we will have nothing, what to do

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess another movie came out portraying Jesus as homosexual.
WALSH: If You’re A Christian, Netflix Doesn’t Want Your Business

Netflix has caused controversy by streaming a “comedy” special that depicts Jesus as a homosexual and his mother as God’s pot-smoking mistress. This comes to us from a “comedy” group with a history of sacrilegious content of this sort, including, reportedly, a skit that portrays Christ as a homicidal sadist. other than this i have no idea

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Netflix has caused controversy by streaming a “comedy” special that depicts Jesus as a homosexual and his mother as God’s pot-smoking mistress. This comes to us from a “comedy” group with a history of sacrilegious content of this sort, including, reportedly, a skit that portrays Christ as a homicidal sadist. other than this i have no idea

b4a2d5a587fd1ba45065c0aa2ab0db05.gif

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny how Hollywood never seems to mock other religions, even the more passive ones that wouldn't threaten retaliation.

Coincidence? I doubt it.

Ah.... after reading that article Ezra linked to, it appears they made an exception this time and mocked every religion BUT Islam:

"Buddha, Krishna, even the Rastafarian god and the galactic lord Xenu of Scientology fame. It seems that the deity of one major world religion is missing. These oh-so-bold comedians wouldn’t dream of heaping the sort of contempt upon Islam that they heap upon Christianity, and they certainly wouldn’t spit on Islam’s prophet like they spit on Jesus Christ."

Well, that's new. Usually it's just Christianity. I suppose they needed to throw in the others just so it didn't look like they were targeting Christianity.

But then who is the film about? Not Buddha and not Krishna, LoL.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny how Hollywood never seems to mock other religions, even the more passive ones that wouldn't threaten retaliation.

Coincidence? I doubt it.
Yes, for the Hollyweird cowards, Christians are a soft target.

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
www.jenniferdianeaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah.... after reading that article Ezra linked to, it appears they made an exception this time and mocked every religion BUT Islam:

"Buddha, Krishna, even the Rastafarian god and the galactic lord Xenu of Scientology fame. It seems that the deity of one major world religion is missing. These oh-so-bold comedians wouldn’t dream of heaping the sort of contempt upon Islam that they heap upon Christianity, and they certainly wouldn’t spit on Islam’s prophet like they spit on Jesus Christ."

Well, that's new. Usually it's just Christianity. I suppose they needed to throw in the others just so it didn't look like they were targeting Christianity.

But then who is the film about? Not Buddha and not Krishna, LoL.
Yeah but even so Jesus still loves them.. lol

Reactions: Hidden In Him