I will send my messenger

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have provided no evidence on one hand and failed to explain those applicable verses which tell you otherwise. Scripture is clear he died its just the manner in which Enoch died which you are unwilling to accept. Peace also!
You've provided only partiality. We must take ALL verses into consideration, and not settle on a select few and ignore the rest.

You've failed to address what the "dispute" over Moses' body was: Taxidermy? Medical science? I get it. No answer is better than concession. It's all good. I'll keep on believing the Bible.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God makes no exceptions when dealing with Romans 6:23
Sounds like you do though?
It's all good. Keep on ignoring important verses that prove the exception if you like, but I assure you Moses, Enoch, and Elijah are shaking their heads and facepalming away.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct. No one has been glorified to date, except Christ. Remember, First-fruits!...not second, third or fourth - first!
I've already shown you that Moses and Elijah "appeared in glory" but you refuse to concede your position, so as stated earlier, we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm happy to discuss anything else with you, but I think this topic has run its course. Thank you for your thoughts. Blessings.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've already shown you that Moses and Elijah "appeared in glory" but you refuse to concede your position, so as stated earlier, we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm happy to discuss anything else with you, but I think this topic has run its course. Thank you for your thoughts. Blessings.
Did you notice the lesson of Hebrews 11? Who was Enoch placed against in that chapter and why?

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The words are taken from Malachi 3:1 and have long been used to show the work of John the Baptist in preparing with the way for Christ's ministry.

A man sent from God (John 1:6) and because he was the messenger of God Who was revealed in His Son Jesus it can be said that God had visited his people!

Matthew 1:23
Luke 7:16
Luke 9:45
Luke 10:22
John 3:2
John 13:20
John 13:31
John 14:9

His work was to prepare however, we also know the return of Elijah is also a secondary fulfillment (Malachi 4:5) something which caught the Jews off guard when questioning John of his true identity; he told them plainly he was not Elijah. It is true that John the Baptist came in the Spirit of Elijah, but not as Elijah. The work of Elijah is set aside for the second advent of the Lord which is introduced to us in Isaiah 40.

An important point

Both their work of preparation is and will be to introduce a new age.

I've noticed a number of believers here do not have an accurate vision of the events leading up to the Lords return.

tbc...
The Jewish people will believe their witness. The Apostles recognized who they were without ever seeing them before. :)

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you notice the lesson of Hebrews 11? Who was Enoch placed against in that chapter and why?
Bro, I'd prefer to talk about something else, OK? When I read plain texts like the Lord was about to take Elijah to heaven, Enoch did not taste death, and that there was a dispute over the body of Moses which could only have been about God's intention to resurrect him, it is an undeniable truth that God can and did choose to grant glorified bodies to exceptionally faithful saints before Jesus was glorified, just as God chose to resurrect people in the OT before Jesus was resurrected as the fulfillment of the "First Fruits" feast day sabbath shadow.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is C H Spurgeon's interpretation of the "messenger of the covenant":

The Messenger of the Covenant by C. H. Spurgeon
Amen, the "messenger before Me" is John the Baptist, and the Messenger of the Covenant - the New Covenant - is Jesus, the "Lord Whom ye seek" that did "suddenly come to His temple"...

The same One that God would give "for a Covenant to the people and for a light unto the Gentiles"...

The same One Who at the Last Supper said the grape juice represented His blood of the New Covenant which was shed for many...

...which puzzles me as to why anyone would read about "Messiah the Prince" but then go on to mistake "he shall conform the covenant with many for one week" as pertaining to anyone other than Jesus.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bro, I'd prefer to talk about something else, OK? When I read plain texts like the Lord was about to take Elijah to heaven, Enoch did not taste death, and that there was a dispute over the body of Moses which could only have been about God's intention to resurrect him, it is an undeniable truth that God can and did choose to grant glorified bodies to exceptionally faithful saints before Jesus was glorified, just as God chose to resurrect people in the OT before Jesus was resurrected as the fulfillment of the "First Fruits" feast day sabbath shadow.
It's clear you don't understand the difference between resurrection someone to immortal life and resurrecting someone to live out a mortal life.
Surely you know the difference?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's clear you don't understand the difference between resurrection someone to immortal life and resurrecting someone to live out a mortal life.
Surely you know the difference?
You still don't see why you're preaching a gospel of Inconsistency. If Jesus can't glorify someone before He was glorified, then He can't resurrect someone before He was resurrected.

Reactions: Cassandra

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John Baptist went to Judah to prepare the people to receive the Lord; Elijah will go to the tribes of Israel scattered throughout the earth to educate them in the fact that the one who will then have returned to the earth is the Messiah and to call upon them to receive him.

This work is critical in restoring the Throne of David in fulfillment of God's promises to him.

The work of John the Baptist is briefly set forth in Matthew 11:10; Luke 1:76; Matthew 17:12; that cf Elijah in Malachi 4:6; Matthew 17:11; Mark 9:12; John 1:21

The work which John commenced so well will be completed by Elijah when the Lord's comes in Glory.

This is that work!

Malachi 4:6.
Becareful in the fabricating of your position, that you don't inadvertently become a "scoffer". 2 Peter 3:3.

Using the KJV scriptures only, there is much to be said in the symbolism of Elijah "making fire come down from heaven". In my brief description here, I will only make reference to a few of the many scriptures that support my position, which is an updated, hybrid view of Amillennialism .

If one thinks deep enough (in the Spirit), they will realize that the origin of that fire through Elijah's challenge, was not fire as we know it, but rather the Eternal consuming Fire of God Himself (Hebrews 12:29).
Therefore in the Day of Jesus' fiery and Glorious return, we must not "water it down" into what our fleshly, natural man wants to hear.
Luke 17:28-30.
2 Thessalonians 1:7-10.
2 Peter 3:3-15 (connect vs. 9+15 for the truth of what a 1000 years is describing- God's Age of Grace since Pentecost.)

Revelation 16:15-16 and Revelation 20:7-9 are the same event, being told from two separate reference points, being that of Armageddon, and that of Gog and Magog. In both cases, the unsaved are being "gathered", aka "bundled". (Support scripture: Matthew 13:30)
Focal point: the figurative 1000 years began on Pentecost. There is no 1000 years of any fabrication, for a future rule of the Immortal Christ on this old earth, whether it be restored, remodeld or refurbished. The entirety of it will be burned up, in the Day of Jesus' THIRD* coming in His Immortality.
1. First coming- past- in the flesh.
2. Second Coming- present- in the Spirit (unobservable Luke 17:20)
*3. Third coming- future- in His Fiery Immortality.

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You still don't see why you're preaching a gospel of Inconsistency. If Jesus can't glorify someone before He was glorified, then He can't resurrect someone before He was resurrected.
You seem content to reason with yourself and there are so many wrong beliefs to unpack - where to start? The fundamentals of Romans 6:23 must be first - it cannot be relaxed or overlooked for God is righteous. No one has been resurrected to life - only one man has in whom God torn the curtain and His Sons flesh and he was the first man to enter heaven full stop! Cant be any other way otherwise you have to many contradictions. Hebrews 10:19-23 was Christ alone! Elijah did not pass through the curtain! or into Heaven for that matter. He is like Moses and all the forefathers - buried!

Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem content to reason with yourself and there are so many wrong beliefs to unpack - where to start? The fundamentals of Romans 6:23 must be first - it cannot be relaxed or overlooked for God is righteous. No one has been resurrected to life - only one man has in whom God torn the curtain and His Sons flesh and he was the first man to enter heaven full stop! Cant be any other way otherwise you have to many contradictions. Hebrews 10:19-23 was Christ alone! Elijah did not pass through the curtain! or into Heaven for that matter. He is like Moses and all the forefathers - buried!
Actually, Moses, Elijah etc. are all alive in Jesus, but they are asleep. To see them, you must connect KJV-Malachi 3:16 with Revelation 6:9-11.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually, Moses, Elijah etc. are all alive in Jesus, but they are asleep. To see them, you must connect KJV-Malachi 3:16 with Revelation 6:9-11.
Correct.
We touch the Christ altar when we are "brought nigh" by baptism. We are then "in Christ' or the Altar. Those who die "in Christ" are "under the altar" "sleeping in Jesus," dwelling in the dust. No heaven going, no immortal souls and such teaching as resurrection to immortality until he who comes will raise them!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct.
We touch the Christ altar when we are "brought nigh" by baptism. We are then "in Christ' or the Altar. Those who die "in Christ" are "under the altar" "sleeping in Jesus," dwelling in the dust. No heaven going, no immortal souls and such teaching as resurrection to immortality until he who comes will raise them!
No, you missed the time zones of who was being remembered in Malachi 3:16. They were all OT saints who died in faith of The Promise of eternal life that was to come, who is Jesus. God did not forget them, and on the Day of Pentecost, though they were dead, they also were given the Gift of the Holy Spirit, symbolized as "white robes" in Revelation 6:9-11. There names are now written in the book of Life.

There are no NT saints among those that are remembered by God in Malachi.
The word "remembrance" is synonymous with the word "altar". Altars are erected for events, people, and/or places, so that people would "remember" whatever the history was.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, you missed the time zones of who was being remembered in Malachi 3:16. They were all OT saints who died in faith of The Promise of eternal life that was to come, who is Jesus. God did not forget them, and on the Day of Pentecost, though they were dead, they also were given the Gift of the Holy Spirit, symbolized as "white robes" in Revelation 6:9-11. There names are now written in the book of Life.

There are no NT saints among those that are remembered by God in Malachi.
The word "remembrance" is synonymous with the word "altar". Altars are erected for events, people, and/or places, so that people would "remember" whatever the history was.
Nothing here to disagree that all the lives seen under the altar encompass all the faithful from the beginning to his second coming.