Idolatry and the like in Catholicism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey this is good therapy. But you got to be careful of the concept. People come together to condemn what they do not understand. Fellowship in things they do not understand. This is actually something that the Catholic Church use to do back in the day. People get together and condemn, all riled up, then drag them out through the streets and throw nasty things at them and burn them at the stake.

Historically there is a good side and a bad side of the Catholic Church. The intent of the Catholic Church was to keep Christ's Church whole and the Gospel consistent. Did Christ intend for there to be 30,000 interpretations of the Bible? Honestly I am not sure, it gives variety for people to pick from. Then we have the freedom to interpret the scriptures ourselves so there can be millions of interpretations of scriptures...."The church of one" I am on the fence on that because I see some good in that, except I believe there was a reason that the Apostles felt that it was a good thing to "go to church" Important enough to assemble in catacombs to worship together. Congregations the body of Christ.

The evils of the Catholic administrations can fill books. Evils that the Church even today cannot resolve. The Church is its own culture where certain evils occur and are still protected, in effect they are their own worst enemy. There path is going to lead them to there own demise. I can see the Vatican falling into ill repute and the Church reorganizing.

As far as condemning differing beliefs....isn't it the pot calling the kettle black....really Protestants. The distain for the Church has condemned a lot of Christian history...2000 years of God's interaction with Man in the form of miracles and visitations. I understand the Protestant concerns with Mary but since she has paid me a visit a few times, I know she is real. Thousands of visitations throughout history. What does it do to a lady to conceive a God? My testimonials about Mary and Angels, I do not expect Protestants to believe...

Part of it is the Fundamentalist approach to Christian understanding...Bible only. The history of Mary occurs after the texts for the Bible were written. 2000 years of a very active God, is not going to be recorded in the Bible. They are held captive to the first 65 years of Christian history, Christian understanding. Many Protestant do not know that it was the Catholic Church that collected the texts to bind the first Bible and then preserved the scriptures. So much Christian history that has been denied by Protestants.

So the Church becomes opposing forces. I disagree with the ignorance that fuels this. I am multi-denominational, siding with the Christians in the pews, recognizing the reality of differing beliefs, coming together to worship the Trinity. It would be a good thing for some of you to look back on history and see how it repeats itself.

But in the meantime we can come together and enjoy a good Church bashing. Please pass the pop-corn. The Catholic Church is an easy target for sure, but it is not the smartest thing. We do have enemies and being divided does not make us stronger. A little humility would be a good thing. It is not like the Protestants have come up with a higher understanding of even the Bible, much less Christian history...You could drive yourself nuts trying to understand all the different denominations.

Myself I enjoy Christians and it does not matter to me if it is the Catholics, Lutherans, Baptists, Pentecostals, Moravians, Mormons, or the church of ones. I stand in fellowship and worship with many of them.

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's some chutzpah, standing as the accusor of Jesus' own mother.

Good luck with that!
He is right. Where is the verse that Mary was without sin? If that were true, she could have been crucified instead.

There was only one pure enough to take the cross for us.

Read Hebrews 7:23-28

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He is right. Where is the verse that Mary was without sin? If that were true, she could have been crucified instead.

There was only one pure enough to take the cross for us.

Fluffy,

Be careful who you support when they make unsubstantiated accusations...

Mary's obedience repaired Eve's disobedience, however a MAN had to die for Adam's sin.

Here is the verse you requested:

And coming to her, he said, "Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you

Consider too, the care the Israelites were commanded to take in the manufacture and handling of the Ark that carried the word written on stone.

How much more care then did Jesus take in creating the Ark that carried the Word made flesh?

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fluffy,

Be careful who you support when they make unsubstantied accusations...

Mary's obedience repaired Eve's disobedience, however a MAN had to die for Adam's sin.

Consider too, the care the Israelites were commanded to take in the manufacture and handling of the Ark that carried the word written on stone.

How much more care then did Jesus take in creating the Ark that carried the Word made flesh?

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!
Thank you, but I am not worried about it because that explanation is not written in scripture.

Did you, by chance, happen to read that verse I gave you?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fluffy,

Be careful who you support when they make unsubstantiated accusations...

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!
The word is correct but it is up to us to read it for ourselves and test the spirits like we are told.

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

We think they're talking about demons or angels, but this is a verse about people.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The word is correct but it is up to us to read it for ourselves and test the spirits like we are told.

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

We think they're talking about demons or angels, but this is a verse about people.

Jesus Christ is Lord!

He is come in the flesh!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Reactions: Waiting on him

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CHOOSE YE THIS DAY WHOM YE SHALL SERVE . Either a soldier of Rome or of JESUS . I CHOOSE CHRIST .
March on and let us heed the voice of the great shepard Christ JESUS .
This world is gonna unify right under the beast and we must not partake of that unity .

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Who do you think clergy serve? hmm. Bugs bunny maybe? No they serve the Almighty God whom you would give muddy garments instead of the best from your wardrobe. The people dis this to glorify God but in your modern ideas you don't understand this.

The wealth does not belong to the Vatican it belongs to all in the Church, but you all can't be bothered to understand that.

Well since the Tao de Ching is the bible of the religion of Taoism I don't think I need to give any further evidence of the honesty and truth of your claims.

Anyone with eyes and brains and spirit can see they are not really serving/glorifying or belong to "God" (Yahweh/Jehovah) or Jesus/Yeshua or the true church. They are only serving themselves and their slaves.
In Marxism they also claim similar but likewise it was only the elite party leaders. In capitalism they claim similar trickle down etc but also do similar.
Bible witnesses even in Jewish bc times and Jesus and apostles times the rich/wealthy were doing the same sorts of bad things they still are now.
I would not give "God" muddy garments. But all their golden things are associated with ungodly.
God doesn't need anything from us. And God wants our hearts not things. He wants love and mercy and truth and justice not just things.
We need his white garments and percious corner stone or golden ark in our hearts, not just material golden garments.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed I did.

All the more reason not to speak against HIS mother, no?

Peace!
I would say rather a testimony of God's grace and how he uses people. I personally believe if Mary knew she would be praised with Christ, who died for her sins also, that she herself would have shuddered at the thought.

And you will find no testimony in the Bible or any paragraph or chapter devoted to praising Mary like Christ in Hebrews 7, and absolutely nothing was written in ANY of the letters saying to do so.

Nor did Christ say to, or any of the apostles who walked with him.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say rather a testimony of God's grace and how he uses people. I personally believe if Mary knew she would be praised with Christ, who died for her sins also, that she herself would have shuddered at the thought.

And you will find no testimony in the Bible or any paragraph or chapter devoted to praising Mary like Christ in Hebrews 7, and absolutely nothing was written in ANY of the letters saying to do so.
Even Christ shut down the worship of His mother . When the lady said blessed are the paps which thou has sucked ,
HE says YEA rather blessed are those who do the will of the Father .
Even mary gonna judge those who exalted her out of measure as will peter himself .
We can ill afford to follow the RCC , or any other who brings false doctrine .
GOD ALONE , CHRIST ALONE are to be worshipped . Mary is blessed , but she is not to be prayed too , nor any angel , nor any saint
nor anyone , nor any other god . ONLY GOD . And we worship GOD through CHRIST . Strap that armour on SISTER
cause soon enough anyone who dont unify with this we are one religion will be most hated by the world and her unified religoins .

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even Christ shut down the worship of His mother . When the lady said blessed are the paps which thou has sucked ,
Even mary gonna judge those who exalted her out of measure as will peter himself .
GOD ALONE , CHRIST ALONE are to be worshipped . Mary is blessed , but she is not to be prayed too , nor any angel , nor any saint
nor anyone , nor any other god . ONLY GOD . And we worship GOD through CHRIST . Strap that armour on SISTER
cause soon enough anyone who dont unify with this we are one religion will be most hated by the world and her unified religoins .
I posted a video of the signing for the one world religion thing. I think it may be on page 5 or 6. Big conference- all of the top leaders from every religion except Christianity. (We already knew and we don't have a "leader" besides Christ.)

Edit: page 4, post #68

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I personally believe if Mary knew she would be praised with Christ, who died for her sins also, that she herself would have shuddered at the thought.

And Mary said: "My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;

my spirit rejoices in God my savior.

For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed.

The Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is his name.

His mercy is from age to age to those who fear him.

He has shown might with his arm, dispersed the arrogant of mind and heart.

He has thrown down the rulers from their thrones but lifted up the lowly.

The hungry he has filled with good things; the rich he has sent away empty.

He has helped Israel his servant, remembering his mercy,

according to his promise to our fathers, to Abraham and to his descendants forever."

Peace!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Blessed is the womb that bore You, and blessed are the breasts that nursed You!” But He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”… Does this go along with the scripture that says that you must hate your mother and father to be a disciple of Christ?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Blessed is the womb that bore You, and blessed are the breasts that nursed You!” But He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”… Does this go along with the scripture that says that you must hate your mother and father to be a disciple of Christ?

Not hate, but to stand on the side of Christ regardless. And this is probably going to have to do with leaving other religions and being disowned by family more than anything, but the Bible also says that what we give up in this life for Christ that he will repay us for it ***in this life***.

Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

Anyone who loves his father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me; and anyone who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not hate, but to stand on the side of Christ regardless. And this is probably going to have to do with leaving other religions and being disowned by family more than anything, but the Bible also says that what we give up in this life for Christ that he will repay us for it ***in this life***.

Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

Anyone who loves his father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me; and anyone who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

For the most part I agree with you.
There is certainly not a "focus on the family" in the New Testament.
The focus was on salvation...the urgency preempted all other concerns because they believed Christ's return was imminent.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Er thing JESUS said we do and we embrace . But the hate he spoke of its not as the world hates . It simply means PUT HIM FIRST BEFORE ALL .
Cause did JESUS not also say , LOVE THOSE who even hate you . Love even your enemies . yeah . We have to learn Christ
so as we can learn how to rightly understand what HE said . Embrace every word HE ever said . And the HOLY GHOST
will give a lamb the right understanding . But heed not the mother of darkness nor the father of darkness .
Men have destroyed such a simple walk . And certain institutions have tried to , kill the SON so they can HOLD the KEYS
and cliam the inheritance . SOUND famliar . ROME claims to hold the KEYS , when in truth it preaches another JESUS altogether .
JESUS HOLDS THE KEYS , NOT ROME .

Status
Not open for further replies.