Idolatry and the like in Catholicism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This stems from a conversation between myself and @soul

So it isn't my goal to attack anyone but to approach this in a friendly open manner. So if we could have a friendly debate that would be nice.

So my main concerns with Catholicism are as follows:

1. Idolatry

I believe Catholics are committing the sin of idolatry with literal idols of the Virgin Mary and by praying for to the saints for intercession, when Christ is our intercessor. I say that there is nothing in the Bible that says to do so, rather Jesus taught to pray to the Father.

2. Idolatry and Greed

believe the large elaborate churches and the Holy See are another unnecessary form of idolatry, although I will not say some Christian churches are not guilty of the same.

Why? "The son of man had no place to rest his head." Also the part with the knocking the tables over. "You have turned my house into a den of thieves."

Also, the Pope is not Jesus.

3. Necromancy

By communication with the dead that is not praying. It is necromancy and mediumship, which was a sin so terrible in Biblical times, you were to be killed for it.

4. Demonic Invitation

I believe through necromancy and false beliefs many visitations are inaccurate as underlined in the character of how Satan works in 2 Thess 2. While the chapter may not be in direct correlation with the subject at hand, I am only saying that the chapter describes the character and explanation of how he works with false wonders and false miracles.

5. Church History

It's a downright mess. Including the long time covering up of child abuse, which still exists.

Maybe this has been addressed already, but under your heading 'Idolatry' it would seem the most obvious example is the Eucharist.

For many centuries the Catholic Church has insisted that at the words of consecration the wafer and wine become God. They worship a physical object. That is idolatry.
And, it is not Biblical faith they exercise, since 'faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen'(Hebrews 11).

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only one that thinks this are protestant and evangelicals, and keep promoting many lies like these, Catholics know he is not.

To stay on point:
The opening OP saying in effect;
The Pope is not God.
The Pope is not Christ.

And your response IS:
ONLY Protestants THINK, some Catholics BELIEVE,
The Pope IS God, The Pope IS Christ...
YOUR Point IS...that Catholics DO NOT Think or Believe; The Pope IS God, or Christ?

Correct?

Thanks,
Taken

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe this has been addressed already, but under your heading 'Idolatry' it would seem the most obvious example is the Eucharist.

For many centuries the Catholic Church has insisted that at the words of consecration the wafer and wine become God. They worship a physical object. That is idolatry.
And, it is not Biblical faith they exercise, since 'faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen'(Hebrews 11).
Yes, you are correct! Thank you for bringing that up. I didn't think about that one. :)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty sure that the Lord Himself said that all sins can be forgiven but one, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Paul was a blasphemer of the Lord Jesus Christ until his encounter with the risen Lord on the way to Damascus. I could be wrong, but it would seem that any strange doctrines that don't directly blaspheme the Holy Spirit can be covered by the blood of Christ.
If the Lord doesn't forgive preaching doctrinal error that is unintentional, most of the posters on this forum are in serious trouble, myself included. The Truth of God's word is tested and proven, but our understanding changes over time as the Holy Spirit shows us the meaning of the words He inspired. The Lord Himself said to His disciples “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come." John 16:12-13
The Lord showed a kindness to His disciples in withholding some things from them until they were able to bear it. I'm convinced that He still does the same thing, showing us what is to come when we are able to bear it. It is, after all, what Jesus promised to His immediate disciples and to those who would believe through their teaching.
I am not saying that you are wrong, but just a quick thing- God does send people out into the world to evangelize to those who do not know the gospel.

Jesus said he did not go out into the world to abolish the law but to fulfill it. Two perspectives to keep in mind.

Now lets take a look at this verse:

"If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain."

Notice he says "deprived." Meaning it is kept from them and they need it.

If God told us to to out into the world to preach the gospel who do not know it, I am certain that he wants us to teach the correct doctrine to those who only half know it.

Jesus spent a large majority of his time on earth correcting these kinds of things of misunderstandings.

Let them hear. God uses His people to spread the truth. Why? Because he loves His people. I do believe God loves Catholics and I believe he wants them to know the truth.

Sometimes as a parent, I have to correct my children with difficult truths, so that they have a sense of reality in this world. God does that for his children.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Mary was human, but the Lord considered her righteous.

Not righreous, but blessed. The sin nature passes from the father to the child, this is why Jesus needed a non-human father. because all humans have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. (Romans 3) even Mary. Mind you I honor Mary as being a brave and devoted servant of God....blessed AMONG women not above them

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let them hear. God uses His people to spread the truth. Why? Because he loves His people. I do believe God loves Catholics and I believe he wants them to know the truth.

Yes, and this would be as opposed to the Devil, who hates them.

The following song came to mind just a second ago. The video is too graphic and evil to post, but David Bowe is a long time disciple of Crowley, which means that when he writes something about the Catholic Church he is writing from Satan's perspective.

The song The Next Day contains the following lyrics, and pretty much sums up their view of Catholic leadership, in the Vatican especially. They know very well that Catholic leadership at the highest levels belongs to Satan, and the last line "They scream my name aloud down into the well below" is apparently putting words in the Devil's own mouth. It's a reference to the Satanic rituals that go on beneath the Vatican when ceremonies are held, and how they scream to him in the darkness after human sacrifices are offered in his honor.

First they give you everything that you want
Then they take back everything that you have
They live upon their feet and they die upon their knees
They can work with Satan while they dress like the saints
They know God exists for the devil told them so
They scream my name aloud down into the well below

Sorry if that kind of posting is rough, but we are involved in a spiritual war. No sense allowing the darkness to remain concealed.

God bless,
Hidden In Him

Reactions: DuckieLady

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not saying that you are wrong, but just a quick thing- God does send people out into the world to evangelize to those who do not know the gospel.

Jesus said he did not go out into the world to abolish the law but to fulfill it. Two perspectives to keep in mind.

Now lets take a look at this verse:

"If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain."

Notice he says "deprived." Meaning it is kept from them and they need it.

If God told us to to out into the world to preach the gospel who do not know it, I am certain that he wants us to teach the correct doctrine to those who only half know it.

Jesus spent a large majority of his time on earth correcting these kinds of things of misunderstandings.

Sometimes as a parent, I have to correct my children with difficult truths, so that they have a sense of reality in this world. God does that for his children.
There's a big difference between building things up and tearing things down. Edification builds.
" Now John answered Him, saying, “Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow us.”
But Jesus said, “Do not forbid him, for no one who works a miracle in My name can soon afterward speak evil of Me. For he who is not against us is on our side. For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My name, because you belong to Christ, assuredly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.
Mark 9:38-41
If you read the book of Leviticus, you'll find that the law provided atonement for unintentional sin, but usually condemned willful transgressions with the penalty of death. And yet, we see examples of God's mercy and grace in the Old Testament in that judges and kings who transgressed the commandments were frequently spared the penalty of the law. King Solomon was one of the greatest transgressors of the law, yet was also one who received God's greatest material blessings. The old Testament saints, even those used to write the scriptures, were not good men. Jesus called His own disciples evil in the context of giving good gifts and comparing that to God's gifts. He said plainly that there is no one good but God, yet even many professing Christians still consider themselves good, comparing themselves to other transgressors. God clearly does not judge as man judges, because God judges the intentions of the heart, and men can only imagine what those intentions might be.
4 Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. 2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful. 3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. 4 For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God. 1 Corinthians 4:1-5
While I consider a zeal for the word and for sound doctrine a good thing, what do you do with the latter passage? It really seems to me that most of the church simply ignores it.
Looking back at 1 Timothy, if you read the verses that follow your quote, there is a clear commandment to Timothy and the church: But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, 1Timothy 6:11-14
While you can draw certain principles from the passage, in context the passage is about pursuing godliness rather than unrighteous wealth (or mammon), and not about sound doctrine. The commandment given doesn't actually mention doctrine at all.
If you believe the word, then believe this:
Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
To loose the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the heavy burdens,
To let the oppressed go free,
And that you break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry,
And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out;
When you see the naked, that you cover him,
And not hide yourself from your own flesh?
8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning,
Your healing shall spring forth speedily,
And your righteousness shall go before you;
The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.
“If you take away the yoke from your midst,
The pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
10 If you extend your soul to the hungry
And satisfy the afflicted soul,

Then your light shall dawn in the darkness,
And your darkness shall be as the noonday.
11 The Lord will guide you continually,
And satisfy your soul in drought,
And strengthen your bones;
You shall be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
Isaiah 58:6-11
My first Pastor after being born again of Christ's Spirit, claimed that it was good for me to bear a burden for the RCC, the source of my introduction to Christianity as a child. When I was very young spiritually I did exactly as you do on forums like this, but I've found no benefit to Christ's kingdom in divisiveness.
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:10-12
Remember, Eve was deceived, but Adam transgressed, and it was through Adam that sin entered the world. Eve came under the curse as did all creation, but Adam bore the blame.

Last edited:

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
This stems from a conversation between myself and @soul

So it isn't my goal to attack anyone but to approach this in a friendly open manner. So if we could have a friendly debate that would be nice.

So my main concerns with Catholicism are as follows:

1. Idolatry

I believe Catholics are committing the sin of idolatry with literal idols of the Virgin Mary and by praying for to the saints for intercession, when Christ is our intercessor. I say that there is nothing in the Bible that says to do so, rather Jesus taught to pray to the Father.

2. Idolatry and Greed

believe the large elaborate churches and the Holy See are another unnecessary form of idolatry, although I will not say some Christian churches are not guilty of the same.

Why? "The son of man had no place to rest his head." Also the part with the knocking the tables over. "You have turned my house into a den of thieves."

Also, the Pope is not Jesus.

3. Necromancy

By communication with the dead that is not praying. It is necromancy and mediumship, which was a sin so terrible in Biblical times, you were to be killed for it.

4. Demonic Invitation

I believe through necromancy and false beliefs many visitations are inaccurate as underlined in the character of how Satan works in 2 Thess 2. While the chapter may not be in direct correlation with the subject at hand, I am only saying that the chapter describes the character and explanation of how he works with false wonders and false miracles.

5. Church History

It's a downright mess. Including the long time covering up of child abuse, which still exists.

It is very interesting to have a profound reflection on the roots of the Church of the Lord, and how Antichrist was born from within the Church itself. See how. By the book of Revelation we have an historic description of the spiritual situation of the churches at that time, mainly the churches of Asia, practically at the birth of the Church around 2,000 years ago, the exception is the church of Rome founded and established by the Apostle Paul, whose church apostatized itself and also corrupted as we can see in sequence of this comment.

The Antichrist was born from the church - see how
The birthplace of Antichrist

1 John 2:v.19 reveals:

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Very interesting this revelation of the Apostle John of the primitive Church. Who is the Apostle John talking about or to whom is he referring in the verse above? Do you know?

See, we know that the content of the book of Revelation was showed to John in the isle of Patmos around year 95 AD, i.e. 65 years after the ascension of JESUS to the third heaven. And we know also that there are two distinct Beasts described in Revelation 13:v. 1 to 18. Today, after about 2,000 years, we can and should discern both Beasts will lead two distinct satanic religious systems in near future, iron mixed with clay, but they will not cleave one to another, even as iron mixed not with clay, but one, the FIRST Man Beast, the Beast of sea, he already exists, the another has not yet, but he will manifest in near future.

In fact one of the Beasts already exists since ancient time, it has existed for about two thousand years, that is, the Beast of sea, a satanic religious system developed by Satan within the Roman Empire, after he had corrupted the church of Rome that was founded and established by the Apostles Paul, and a posteriori was visited by the Apostle Peter, maybe around year 51 AD, both Apostles were killed by persecution, and thus was developed satanic Antichrists' movements through the corrupt church of Rome, the Catholic Church. Notice that Revelation describes 7 churches of Asia, and the church of Rome would be the eighth, but it was left out because the church of Rome was already completely corrupted and disapproved by JESUS.

In fact, the church of Rome developed a systematic opposition against to the true Churches of the Lord that preached the Gospel of God's Kingdom, preached firstly by the Lord JESUS Christ, and continued by the Apostles and disciples of the Lord, by the way, it is preached yet until today.

The satanic religious structures and organization of the Catholic Church within the Roman Empire, and later called Roman Catholic Church, which rides upon the Beast of sea, the Pope, the Papacy, since the confuse election of the first Pope in the first century after Christ, who can be Linus or Clement, and for to increase the confuse election of whom really was/is the first Pope, the own Satan, the main leader of the blasphemer movement of Antichrist of the Roman Catholic Church, he himself, time after, from the late 2nd or early 3rd century the convention began of regarding Peter as the first pope. Its more a satanic blasphemy.

About the events above described concerning the beginning of the Lord's Church, and mainly about the corruption of the Church of Rome, see what the Word of GOD reveals by the VISUAL testimony of Apostle John: 1 John 2:v.18-21

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that Antichrist shall come, even now are there many Antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19 They
(the Church of Rome) went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

See, our Lord JESUS, around year 95 AD, already seated at the right hand of the Father,
made a severe appeal to his disciples, to his people, through the message sent in Revelation 18: v. 3, saying: Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

What we can say is that the woman, that is the Babylonian Roman Catholic Church, the Great Whore, married to 266 Popes, currently Francis I is the Pope, she sits upon the scarlet colored Man Beast of sea, the Pope, the Papacy - from the Latin expression Pater Patrum - , full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns, it was / is the cradle of Antichrist, reason by which the RCC is called Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth, which is drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus.

THE PUNISHMENT OF THE ANCIENT AND CORRUPT CHURCH OF ROME FROM NOW ON - THE WORD IS GOD

Revelation 18:v. 1 to 5

1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
--> The Word is God<--

In Christ JESUS, King of kings
(kings made by Him - Revelation 5:v.10), and LORD of lords

Fellow in Christ JESUS
Oseas

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I'm sure that OP won't cause any trouble, LoL. Especially if BOL finds out about it. Just be advised.

But I posted a thread on the presence of Satanism within the Vatican last year. It speaks to the same subject, as other prophetic threads on this same subject matter did:
Satanism In The Vatican

Someone else posted an interesting thread a month or so ago about the structure of the Meeting Hall being built in the shape of a serpent's head, which sounds paranoid on the surface but actually turned out to be far more spooky and credible than I expected. But I can't find at the moment. Maybe I can repost that material here later however.

I should also add to this post that I do not hate Catholics and never have. I think many truly believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and want the best for their denomination. But my personal take is that the fight for their denomination is over. The enemy has taken control of it and will not relinquish it now. Their best move, IMO, is to get out, and get their families out. The time when the verses that say, "Come out of her My people, lest you partake of her judgments" have begun.

It may still be several decades away before her judgment finally comes, but it is indeed coming some day.

Just thought I would chime in about that place you referred to, @Hidden In Him . I encountered that some time ago and decided to look into the matter. Like you, I suspected it might be a case of pattern recognition gone wild.

I investigated that structure by viewing images from an official Roman Catholic website... what better place than the source? No doubt about it, it was designed and built to resemble the head of a snake. Very deliberate.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just thought I would chime in about that place you referred to, @Hidden In Him . I encountered that some time ago and decided to look into the matter. Like you, I suspected it might be a case of pattern recognition gone wild.

I investigated that structure by viewing images from an official Roman Catholic website... what better place than the source? No doubt about it, it was designed and built to resemble the head of a snake. Very deliberate.

Just noticed this post, and thank you very much for sharing with me, Shattered. :)

Reactions: Shattered

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil

Greetings in Christ JESUS

Speaking of the Beast of sea, the Papacy, mentioned in the post 169 above, and of the woman, the Great Whore, the Roman Catholic Church, here's a question : Is not this monstrous religious system linked, by analogy, to the waters of the flood, and as a sign of JESUS's coming?

NOAH's DAY IS ONE OF THE SIGNS OF JESUS's RETURN .
Luke 17:v.26 and 27, in the end of the comment:

26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

Why did JESUS make an analogy of the waters of the flood with the events of His coming?

What kind of events, according the mind of JESUS, is /will be linked to the waters of the flood in His coming?

Having JESUS cited the days of Noah as a sign of the proximity of His coming or very close return, and also of the end of the present world, the Devil's world (Matt.4:v.8-9), then I delved deeply to interpret or understand the foundation or the reasons for an analogy between Noah's day and the modern and apocalyptic days that we still live in. Actually, I was surprised by the extent and depth of what JESUS revealed and prophesied as his signal of His glorious and wonderful return.

Noah's days is linked with a lot, but a lot, of water, in fact a sea of waters. And now, in our time, in our days, where are the waters or sea of waters as in Noah's day?

1st Point
The Holy Scriptures reveals: Revelation 17: v. 15
15 - And he -the angel of the LORD - said unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
Ah! the current world population is approximately 7.8 billion people. Oh no doubt that this gigantic population represents a sea of waters if we base it on Revelation 17: v.15 which I quoted from Scriptures.

2nd Point

The Holy Scriptures reveals: Revelation 13: v.1
1 - And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a Beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his (7) heads the name of blasphemy.
As we can see, from the midst of the waters or from the sea -i.e. from the midst of peoples , and nations, and multitudes and tongues, rose up out an apocalyptic Beast as is described in the verse above. Now, the Beast of sea has an origin, he rose up from a people: whats people, what's his origin? Beyond these detail, John saw when the Beast rose up out of the the midst of the peoples (of the sea), let say, John saw the birth of the Beast in his own time, around 2,000 years ago. This important fact gives subsidies for a third point.

3rd Point

The Holy Scriptures reveals: Genesis 1:v.21ASV
21 - And God created the great sea-monsters, and every living creature that moves, wherewith the waters swarmed, after their kind, and every winged bird after its kind: and God saw that it was good. This prophetic message of Genesis it began to be fulfilled in the days of John, or after the ascension of JESUS.

We need to understand that the material things are figures of spiritual things, there are countless examples in Scriptures about this. The great sea-monster of 7 heads, and 10 crowned horns, and a name of blasphemy, as it was showed to John, actually it is a monstrous religious system whose roots began to develop 2,000 years ago, even in the beginning of the fifth DAY, a day of 1,000 years- from 4,001 to 5,000, that is, after the ascension of JESUS at around 4,033 or 33 AD.

But politically, the Beast of sea, as was seen by John, it was likeness unto a leopard, and to a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion-Rev. 13:v.2- representing the three kingdoms prior to the Roman empire as is written in Daniel 7: v.4 to 6 -check it out- whose kingdoms at the time of the appearance of the Beast from the sea had been under the dominion of the Roman empire. (Interesting detail: Daniel shows in his description the three kingdoms as being represented sequencially by lion, and bear, and leopard, but John looking to the past, he saw the inverse, i.e. leopard, and bear, and lion, very interesting) Rev. 13:v.2.

4th Point

It is very important to know that the religious body of the monster, I mean the body of Beast of sea, was not birthed with its 7 heads, and 10 horns, and a name of blasphemy, O no. The Beast of sea, as the years went by, developed itself, its body was growing and formed the 7 heads after centuries, evidently. As the years passed, the body of the Beast developed, and its body grew and formed the 7 heads over time. This is the current stage of the religious Beast of sea today-year 2021.
In this present time-2021-
, the MAN Beast of sea does not have the 10 horns linked to him yet, this will occur only from now on, when we enter within the last week-Daniel 9:v.27, more precisely when the Beast of the earth(Revelation 13:v.11) gives his Power, and his Throne, and great Authority to the Beast of sea as is written in Revelation 13:v.2.

5th Point and conclusion

What was exposed above are about the movements of the waters over time -generations and generations- like waves of the waters over two millenniums, and until our days. JESUS said to the Jews: John 2:v.19 and 21: - 19 Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 21- But he spake of the temple of His body -the Church-.
This will be fulfill LITERALLY from now on, it means in the end of the times.

Another interesting reference and in detail: Job 38:v.8 to 11

8 Who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb? (This event occurred after the rebellion in Eden - Jude 1:v.6 and John 8:v.44 and Matthew 23:v.33-35)
9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
10 And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,
11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed. (Here there is a revelation how GOD will stop the waters, I meant stop the waves of generations in the current time)

Luke 20:v.35-36 combined with 1 Corinthians 15:v.51-58 and Philippians 3:v.20-21

35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
see more one interesting detail:

Whereas Scripture - Revelation 17:v.15 - says waters are peoples, and nations, and multitudes, and tongues (many tongues), and it was written almost two thousand years ago, and whereas each generation is one wave, rising and growing above the waters, and currently reached 7.8 billion people, by allegory a sea of waters, then we can understand that it will cause a huge or a gigantic wave of people, a tsunamis, thus, the Word - the Word is GOD, will apply and will fulfill Job 38:v.8-11 automatically, LITERALLY, mainly the verse 11: "Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stay or here your proud waves(generations) must stop.

Luke 17:v.27 - ... in the day that Noah entered into the ark, the flood came, and destroyed them all, so as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in these days of the Son of man. What will happen? Revelation 11:v.1-2 give us a clue. Check it out and understand what is revealed.

In Christ JESUS, KING of kings (kings made by Him), and LORD of lords

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How have you been brother?

Very well thank you!

You know Byrrd always said that those who dig a pit for others end up in it themselves.

@byrrd and I may not have seen eye to eye on many things, but we were certainly in agreement that doing what Jesus said is critically important..

"Who, then, is the faithful and prudent servant, whom the master has put in charge of his household to distribute to them their food at the proper time?

Blessed is that servant whom his master on his arrival finds doing so.

Amen, I say to you, he will put him in charge of all his property.

Peace be with you!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very well thank you!

@byrrd and I may not have seen eye to eye on many things, but we were certainly in agreement that doing what Jesus said is critically important..

"Who, then, is the faithful and prudent servant, whom the master has put in charge of his household to distribute to them their food at the proper time?

Blessed is that servant whom his master on his arrival finds doing so.

Amen, I say to you, he will put him in charge of all his property.

Peace be with you!
Amen! If we are always made reprobate, when shall the love of Christ be perfected?

Reactions: Philip James

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Amen.
But do not forget; not with inappropriate clothing.
In fact those who are invited must first change their clothes to enter to the feast of the marriage supper of the Lamb. Alleluiaaaa!
Revelation 19:v.7 to 9

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The Eucharist is either Jesus or mere bread and wine.

If the Eucharist is Jesus, everyone should be at Mass, worshipping Our Lord. If the Eucharist is Jesus, there should be no such thing as Protestantism, Mormonism, Islam, atheism, etc. But if the Eucharist isn’t Jesus, then for two thousand years, the would-be followers of Jesus Christ were actually idolaters. If that’s the case, nobody should be Catholic.

So those are the stakes. Everyone who encountered Jesus of Nazareth was faced with a crucial question: is this God, in some mysterious guise, or not? The early Christians called this the “aut Deus aut malus homo” (“either God or a bad man”). Everyone encountering the Eucharist is faced with the same question: either God or idolatry.

And of course, if the Eucharist is pagan idolatry, it’s demonic. As 1 Corinthians 10:20 says, “what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God.”

The whole world hangs on this point: is the Eucharist Jesus or an idol? Is the Sacrifice of the Mass being offered to God, or to demons?

Satan Hates the Eucharist
The satanic Black Mass is a ritual inversion (and mockery) of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass performed by Satanists. Now, there are two types of Satanists: “LaVey Satanists,” and “theological Satanists.” LaVey Satanists atheists who don’t believe in Satan, and use “Satanism” as a tool to harass and provoke Christians (unlike“theological Satanists,” who believe in Satan and worship him). But whether the practitioners are playing at the occult, or serious, there’s no question that they’re tapping into some seriously dark spiritual forces. Satan is at work here.

And it worth pointing out that when Satanists (of both kind) want to mock a religious ritual, you can bet that it’s going to be the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass that they target. How often do you hear about Muslim or Hindu or Jewish (or even Protestant) services being subjected to such intense Satanic mockery?

Nor is this Satanic targeting of the Mass anything new. As far back as the fourth century, St. Epiphanius of Salamis described a sect of Gnosticism performing a perverted mockery of Mass. I won’t go into the details, but it was graphic enough that the members of this sect became known as “Borborians” (“filthy ones”).

Satan Doesn’t Drive Out Satan
So the Eucharist is either Jesus or evil (since if it’s not Jesus, it’s idolatry) and since the devil hates the Eucharist, we can cross “evil” off the list.

For some additional Biblical support, consider Matthew 12.22-28:

“Then a blind and dumb demoniac was brought to him, and he healed him, so that the dumb man spoke and saw. And all the people were amazed, and said, “Can this be the Son of David?” But when the Pharisees heard it they said, “It is only by Be-el′zebul, the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons.”

“Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand; and if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? And if I cast out demons by Be-el′zebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.”

This passage is important: it shows, for example, that Catholic exorcists are operating by the Spirit of God when they drive out demons. But it also means that if Satan hates the Mass, we can be sure that the Mass isn’t evil.

Of course, if the Mass isn’t demonic, if it isn’t idolatry, that really only leaves one option: that the Eucharist is Jesus Christ, and that the Sacrifice of the Mass is presenting Jesus to the Father. This (and as far as I can tell, this alone), accounts for the Satanic mockery.

The Target of Satan
Even if the only thing you knew about Catholicism was that its central form of worship, the Mass, was the target of Satanic ire, you would already have good reason to believe that Catholicism was the true religion.

But taken with all of the other evidence for the truth that the Eucharist is Jesus, that the Mass is a Sacrifice instituted by God, and that the Catholic Church is the Church founded by Christ, Satan is just one more (unwitting) witness for the truth of Jesus Christ and His Church.

Originally posted on Shameless Popery

Reactions: Mungo

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Without posting "the official Roman Catholic website" your calumny is deliberate.

calumny
[ˈkaləmnē]
NOUN
  1. the making of false and defamatory statements in order to damage someone's reputation; slander.
    synonyms:
    slander · defamation (of character) · character assassination · misrepresentation of character · evil-speaking · calumniation · libel · scandalmongering · malicious gossip ·
    slander · defamation (of character) · character assassination · misrepresentation of character · evil-speaking · calumniation · libel · scandalmongering ·
    [more]

Reactions: Mungo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally have had it up to my eyeballs with threads attacking the Catholic Church....all denominations of Christianity are guilty of idolatry, false teaching, false witnessing, hypocrisy and whatever else you can say about the church...
Our Catholic brothers and sisters here deserve to be treated with respect and with the love of Christ.
Start a thread topic about idolatry but leave the name of the christian denomination off the title and don't target any single denomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.