If a sick person asks me for my liver, am I morally obligated to give it to them?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MyLordisGod

Jul 13, 2021
Tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask because it seems that, as Christians, we are supposed to give everything we have to anyone who asks, right? And if that's true, then wouldn't it apply to even our own organs?

Mark 16:18
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing,
it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Why do you not believe this from your bible?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask because it seems that, as Christians, we are supposed to give everything we have to anyone who asks, right? And if that's true, then wouldn't it apply to even our own organs?
That would be a good opportunity to share the Gospel, not commit suicide.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

We are to love others AS ourselves, not instead of ourselves. In our own strength we can't go beyond that lest we die.

"Be not righteous over much; neither make thyself over wise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself?" Eccl. 7:16)

We give ALL only to the Lord. Only God gets our WHOLE heart mind and strength.

Reactions: faithfulness