If a sick person asks me for my liver, am I morally obligated to give it to them?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask because it seems that, as Christians, we are supposed to give everything we have to anyone who asks, right? And if that's true, then wouldn't it apply to even our own organs?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
na, if you have already agreed to give your liver then you would be morally obligated, otherwise no, God knows what's reasonable.

one could consider it between you and the Lord, on what you ought to do, i don't think you're supposed to harm yourself because some one wants. because in this case it would be unreasonable for the person who asked for the liver, to expect it.

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I ask because it seems that, as Christians, we are supposed to give everything we have to anyone who asks, right? And if that's true, then wouldn't it apply to even our own organs?
Sounds fair. When were you approached for a donation of your organs?:p

Reactions: Helen

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sounds like another variation on an argument a skeptic would make, like telling a believer that scripture demands giving all your money to anyone who asks.

Reactions: K9Buck

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

we are only required to do what God through His Spirit speaks for us to do…..not what some man tells us we should do.

Walk in the Spirit and you won’t be found walking in the flesh.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

we are only required to do what God through His Spirit speaks for us to do…..not what some man tells us we should do.

Walk in the Spirit and you won’t be found walking in the flesh.

Except the point is the skeptics quote scripture and use it against you if they can.

Like the scripture that says to lend when asked, and expect nothing back, is used to claim we are required to lend them all our money and not expect a repayment of the loan.

Besides your quote on walking in the spirit and not after the flesh, is talking about not walking after the lusts of the flesh, which is sins - not about getting wisdom.

Shalom Aleichem

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Without a liver a person dies.
As soon as an obligation harms another person or yourself, then that obligation is unwarranted.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without a liver a person dies.
As soon as an obligation harms another person or yourself, then that obligation is unwarranted.

If I'm starving and I find food, am I obligated to give it to another starving person who asks for it?

I know this sounds extreme and I don't mean to sound ridiculous. I'm just trying to understand if and where we're allowed to say "no".

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I'm starving and I find food, am I obligated to give it to another starving person who asks for it?

I know this sounds extreme and I don't mean to sound ridiculous. I'm just trying to understand if and where we're allowed to say "no".
If you’re family needed the food, then no.
If it’s just you, a Christian would probably give them half of it.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I believe it comes with maturity .
It says “ My sheep know My voice and a stranger they will not follow.”

Even when reading any threads or posts on this site…we are to have that ‘ inner ear’ always alert.
The Holy Sprit shows us which is God speaking and when it is just some persons flesh.

it’s the only place of safety, - always ‘dwelling in the Secret Place of the Most High. ‘

Inwardly knowing His Voice at all times …we just know when to say ‘No’.

just my two cents…

Reactions: K9Buck and amadeus

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Break bread (so to speak) and share it.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of liver - I heard that Paul Simon joined AA and donated a song he wrote to be used by them with some lyric changes.

Fifty ways to leave your lover, is now called Fifty ways to love your liver.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it comes with maturity .
It says “ My sheep know My voice and a stranger they will not follow.”

Even when reading any threads or posts on this site…we are to have that ‘ inner ear’ always alert.
The Holy Sprit shows us which is God speaking and when it is just some persons flesh.

it’s the only place of safety, - always ‘dwelling in the Secret Place of the Most High. ‘

Inwardly knowing His Voice at all times …we just know when to say ‘No’.

just my two cents…

So we're supposed to discern between a fellow Christian and one that is not, correct?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So we're supposed to discern between a fellow Christian and one that is not, correct?

That is off topic in this thread …the topic is ‘are we obligated to give to anyone who asks us.’

We are supposed to discern between ‘the voices’ that speak to us daily …
“ His sheep know HIS voice. “.

I say , that many people ask things of us that are not in Gods plan …I was saying we need ‘the hearing ear ‘ of Gods spirit.

that is how we live day by day…..

…but because we do, doesn’t mean that you have to do so also.

Reactions: amadeus

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I did not know that the devil was into saving human lives.
Well yes he is into anything.
Of all the transplant people I know everyone of them was an atheist.
I had a good mate that was born next door, so I knew him his whole life and had a kidney transplant when he was 14yo and died at 48yo, looking back he had no real regards to anyone, his mum hung herself and he did not give a rats, he just walked in and started grabbing what he wanted that day, I was their with his younger brother when he came in the door. he did the wrong think by his wife and everyone who knew him, that was his intentions to spite everyone. No regards to God at all but just Jewish ego driven humanism rubbish. at the funeral it played, I did it my way. blasphemy !

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well yes he is into anything.
Of all the transplant people I know everyone of them was an atheist.
I had a good mate that was born next door, so I knew him his whole life and had a kidney transplant when he was 14yo and died at 48yo, looking back he had no real regards to anyone, his mum hung herself and he did not give a rats, he just walked in and started grabbing what he wanted that day, I was their with his younger brother when he came in the door. he did the wrong think by his wife and everyone who knew him, that was his intentions to spite everyone. No regards to God at all but just Jewish ego driven humanism rubbish. at the funeral it played, I did it my way. blasphemy !
Though we have a body, we are not the body.
Our body is only a vehicle for the spirit to express what it is in this world we walk through.
We are not here for the self, but for the One (God) that sent us (spirit / being).
Principalities and Powers is what we are dealing with here, not body parts.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Though we have a body, we are not the body.
Our body is only a vehicle for the spirit to express what it is in this world we walk through.
We are not here for the self, but for the One (God) that sent us (spirit / being).
Principalities and Powers is what we are dealing with here, not body parts.
Drugs my boy drugs is what is being dealt with here, they alter the mind not to mention other things to do with playing on the mind.
Such takings are Satanic forces being dealt with such people. so if you are interested in saving the Soul first and foremost one would keep that in mind.
You should not take blood transfusions as well. just look at history to do with that and the book is not closed yet on such.

It's still all experimental, sure they have came a long way with it all, but I seen it all and put up with him because of such and looking back I say No to such.

My dad's body was worn out but the brain box was fine, so I said well we just have to find another body and chop of ya head and screw it on another body and he agreed with the concept but for one thing, he truly did not want anyone's body parts in him.

You are wrong on the Body topic it is not just a vehicle as you claim. we are to value such in us and others in God as we live.
I have heard what you are claiming that ones body serves as, but that comes from communist and Nazis such is an excuse to kill regardless and it starts with abortion on demand and then ramps up to Genocide or their god Moloch who drives such things as Holocaust = Burnt offering to their god Molloch.
Whenever one performs Burnt offerings it's to their god Moloch.

When you hear people talk about the 6 million Jews and they say it was a Holocaust ? what they truly mean is that they claim such is a offering to their gods in fact ! most people do not understand that fact, due to ignorance or the MSM peddling such Satanic rubbish. it is called Genocide in fact ! but it was planed orchestrated by the Zionist Jews that were doing Rothschild's bidding. because them Jews were a greatest threat because the real Jews despised the so called Zionist.
Hitler was an Zionist Jew in fact he was the only leader in the world who pushed for the Zionist State and it's only due to Hitler's crap that the Zionist got the Land, not to mention Hitler kicked out all the Jewish print Media bar for the so called Zionist Jews who could print media and them Zionist who used propaganda to try and undermine 90% the Jews who despised them. so they were offered up in a Holocaust, it was their Burn offering to their gods. so their gods are pleased with such in fact. they have payed homage to them gods that Jesus warned them of who was the Father of lies and was a murderer from the beginning.