If Anyone Is To Be Taken Captive ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bobby Jo said:
As I understand the Scripturally based timeline, we've only got ~two years until the mark of the beast, and another ~6 months until Jesus returns
This is pure conjecture. ...

... said the man on the tarmac pointing to the 284K pound Boeing 767 "Dreamliner that was scheduled for takeoff.

Apparently what some don't know, DOESN'T EXIST. -- This type of psychology is universally common in young children that think they "disappear" when they close/hide/cover their eyes. But most children grow out of it.

In adults it's a little more difficult to resolve, because of the transition from psychology to information, -- and many adults have difficulty leaving their "comfort zone" to accept new information. It's not insurmountable, but the statistics are particularly troubling in adults which are indoctrinated through religious organizations. Some liken it to being "brain washed", where the individual suppresses their innate ability to employ "critical thinking" skills. However, cases have demonstrated some limited success.

Perhaps the initial phase should comprise interactions such as "questions", rather than assertions. -- "Best practice" techniques are presently being developed and refined by various research institutions.

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev. 13:10 If anyone is to be taken captive, to captivity he goes ...

What a powerful "state" we live in with cameras in most business; cameras in government buildings; cameras in police cars; cameras mounted on police cars that drive through business parking lots (i.e., Walmart) scanning every license plate; cameras mounted on traffic lights; cameras mounted on street lights; and cameras mounted on drones.

And it's not IF you're sought for questioning, it's WHEN you're sought for questioning.

Folks, the future is here. The Deep State is in control, anarchists are in every branch and aspect of government, and most sheeple are asleep.

I had a co-worker whose grandfather saw the dark clouds in pre-WWII Europe. He sent his wife and young son to Canada with the assurance that he would complete a few financial matters and be on the next boat out. -- But the doors closed, and he perished in the concentration camp ovens.

One has to wonder what percentage of christians will comprise the "Great Falling Away". Some 60%?, 70%?, or higher? Apparently 65% of the Jews living in Europe during WWII perished in the Holocaust. So should the "church" expect anything different, especially when the church "hireling" purposefully discounts and discredits our Christian roles given in 1 Cor. 14, by making himself/herself the central source of "christianity" in our "fellowships".

Whoever wants to be part of the ~65%, -- PLEASE DO NOTHING. I'm quite certain everything will be JUST FINE.

Bobby Jo

Myself I hold to the Rapture, but I do agree with your warning. The Rapture doesn't insure there will not be difficult times. And believers should prepare as much as possible. We should do as much as possible to change things. Voting is the main tool. But we are fast coming to the time when the liberal, leftist, anti-christian are in the majority. Which means we are the enemy and outnumbered.

Stranger

Reactions: Bobby Jo

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We should do as much as possible to change things. Voting is the main tool.
Change what, do you think voting is going to delay the end, the end will come in Gods time, not ours, we we are supposed to be praying, "come Jesus come". even some of His will be killed in what coming but what can they do but rejoice in that what they did was for His sake, if you are not in Christ than you are not ready

D

Dave L

I watched family members over the years who were devoted Dispensationalists. They were also paranoid watching the news like hawks seeing possible fulfillment of prophecy. They all died never seeing one of their fears materialize. It took years of bible study to deliver me from their phobias. The really sad part is the rapture they had their hearts set on thinking they were the generation who would see Christ's return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
NO!! Scripture provides the events, the participants, and the timing. All I have to do is pursue my preparations to the very best of my ability:

Matt. 11:12 From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and men of violence take it by force. -- Or better rendered: The kingdom of heaven is obtained by pursuit, and the pursuers take it by ardent action.

I guess this means I won't be communing with GOD while reclining on the sofa, eating a bag of potato chips and drinking a Pepsi, while watching Oprah. -- It might take MORE.

... and GOD/Jesus aren't "there for you" if you haven't done all you can for yourself:

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

So are you taking action, using your Purse, Bag, & Sword, -- or are you watching Oprah?

Bobby Jo

WWII Japanese Military saying: Train Hard, Fight Easy.
End Time Christian saying: Prep Hard, Live Easy.
ok, interesting interps, never heard those angles before.
Um, Japan lost the war?
And weren't US all installing bomb shelters and practicing DuckDuckCover around then too?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You know, many people say that when missiles are in the air that they will run to the "bright lights", but we weren't created for DEATH, we were created for ETERNAL LIFE. So when the time comes, it's my bet that they will RUN FOR THEIR LIVES.

And where the WWII era Japanese military had a saying: Train Hard, Fight Easy; I would propose: Prep Hard, Live Easy.

But we all choose!

Bobby Jo

Problem is, this is not about the 'last days' but about how we live now.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,

Finish the rest: "for thou art with me".

Scripture gives us clear guidance as to the needed endurance in the end times, including a purse, bag, and sword. But if you're willing to walk through the valley of the shadow of death unprepared, then We All Make Choices! :)

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Problem is, this is not about the 'last days' but about how we live now.

The Grass Roots - Let's Live For Today -- I LOVE that song. It's TERRIBLE theology, but a GREAT song! :)

You know, when you're driving along the highway an you see all these "Reduce Speed", "Construction Ahead", "Detour", and finally "Road Out", -- I just ignore them and keep driving my normal speed and direction.

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Finish the rest: "for thou art with me".

Scripture gives us clear guidance as to the needed endurance in the end times, including a purse, bag, and sword. But if you're willing to walk through the valley of the shadow of death unprepared, then We All Make Choices! :)

Bobby Jo
Well, imo we might finish the rest of the rest for that, but don't get me wrong ok, I'm a full-blown Anarch, nothing wrong with preparation imo! Iow I don't agree with you, but that might easily turn out to be a good thing too lol, who can say?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The Grass Roots - Let's Live For Today -- I LOVE that song. It's TERRIBLE theology, but a GREAT song! :)

You know, when you're driving along the highway an you see all these "Reduce Speed", "Construction Ahead", "Detour", and finally "Road Out", -- I just ignore them and keep driving my normal speed and direction.

Bobby Jo
is anyone else not seeing the "You know" para in post 31? Hmm.
Anyway, I'm not so sure @ "theology" mr jo, I mean give no thought for tomorrow?

Reactions: Nancy and Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is anyone else not seeing the "You know" para in post 31? Hmm.
Anyway, I'm not so sure @ "theology" mr jo, I mean give no thought for tomorrow?

Yep, I don't worry about tomorrow. In fact, I don't even worry about what I'm having for dinner tonite. If there's nothing to eat, I just go hungry.

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... And Speaking Of "Sword":

I had a co-worker who graduated Valedictorian at Princeton who had a beloved little Springer Spaniel, "Molly". Well, Molly would go into the horse pasture and bring "road apples" up to the porch and munch on them because she could sense additional nutrients which hadn't been consumed in the horse's digestive system. And if possible the dog would sneak the "road apples" into the house, and even up on my co-worker's bed to munch on.

I explained that "Molly" does this because she has a "mineral deficiency". And having my co-worker's complete attention, I continued: "Molly needs an ounce of lead." -- And surprisingly, my co-worker still spoke to me. :)

The point being: Some people in the near future may approach you and your family that may need a "mineral supplement". And although there are various application methods, one with particular effectiveness is called a "Binary Trigger":

Franklin Armory Binary Trigger Faster Than Full Auto

DISCLAIMER:
I personally don't care for guns and am not a "gun" advocate, although I'm a strong 2nd Amendment supporter for others! :)

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's interesting connection with Daniel 11:45
Hey "friend of",
Yeah, -- I have a lot favorite verses in this Chapter, and one of them is for WWI, but the commentators disobey the angelic instructions in 12:4 & 9 and ruin it for people trying to FIND the TRUTH! :)

With Best Regards,
BJ

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The 1950's society's fear of nuclear war was manifested by Hollywood as irradiated Giant Killer Ants, and the such. Today Zombies reflect society's concerns, and the New Mexico state wide law enforcement Crowd Control training seminar several years back was called "Zombie Apocalypse Training". And you may not be aware, but you and I are the "zombies" and the Government is the "Humans". So the Superman "Metropolis" is NOT a figment of imagination, but rather an expression of a geopolitical reality historically presented through a commercial enterprise ("Superman"® comics).

Simply put: Society sentiments are easily perceived by the world, but the "church" is deaf, dumb, and blind.

I don't doubt that Hollywood makes repeated attempts to play off historical and societal realities and ideals. The problem here is that it's Hollywood. I don't much care if Hollywood, or the Government, or the writers of comic books attempt to display geopolitical realities, or how well they do it; they're still human and therefore their views will always be tempered by the fact that they are sinful and flawed.
If you're attempting to interpret scripture by such views you will always come up short. Thus, the only safe way forward is to interpret scripture with scripture. This understanding has been in place for as long as the Church has been; with Paul himself assuring us that the best thing to do when considering things is to check it via scipture, not culture. You may choose to believe the Church is 'blind, deaf and dumb', but the Word of God is not, and that's why we turn there.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't doubt that Hollywood makes repeated attempts to play off historical and societal realities and ideals. The problem here is that it's Hollywood. I don't much care if Hollywood, or the Government, or the writers of comic books attempt to display geopolitical realities, or how well they do it; they're still human and therefore their views will always be tempered by the fact that they are sinful and flawed.
If you're attempting to interpret scripture by such views you will always come up short. Thus, the only safe way forward is to interpret scripture with scripture. This understanding has been in place for as long as the Church has been; with Paul himself assuring us that the best thing to do when considering things is to check it via scipture, not culture. You may choose to believe the Church is 'blind, deaf and dumb', but the Word of God is not, and that's why we turn there.
Hollywood can often function as a lie machine.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I don't much care if Hollywood, or the Government, or the writers of comic books ...
Naomi, we live in the world. Jesus was confronted by the world. GOD is not unaware of the word. In fact, Scripture is basically the HISTORY of the world. And it should come as no surprise that the a/c will run a one-world-government.

But if you think that Scripture has no affiliation with the world, then we'll have to wait until the pudding is ready to taste. But I'm not a fan of chocolate pudding, so I hope you pardon me for knowing what flavor it is before it's served.

With Best Regards,
Bobby Jo