If atheists get accused of taking verses out of context, how do we know fundamentalists making those accusations aren’t doing the same as well?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I meant to get back to this early and must have missed you conceding this point multiple times. Let's flush this out.

Walking in the woods and happening on a book (only) suggests a writer? How do you connect the book to the writer and why is this connection merely a suggestion?

Let me suggest that a book is objective evidence of a writer, a mind who communicates in symbolic language (the letters symbolizing meaning). The symbols are not randomly arranged but there is an order to it: the letters make up words; the words make up sentences - which express a complete thought; and the sentences make up paragraphs; the book itself is arranged in order of chapters.

Reinforcing this conclusion is the objective evidence of the book - The structure, manufactured materials, paper binding and cover. Even if no words were on the pages, the existence of the structure of the book implies the existence of a book maker. The non-random order of the pages, binding and cover materials is not a result of natural phenomena.

The significance of the non-random order of the symbols is objective evidence of a sentient, sovereign intelligence. The organized use of the symbols is not a result of natural phenomena. The only possible explanation for the existence of a book in the woods is that a writer exists!

If there is doubt, if there is any epistemological uncertainty about the relationship between the existence of a book to the existence of an intelligent mind who produced this book, speak now or forever hold your peace. The relationship between book and writer is not merely a suggestion but one proves the existence of the other in no uncertain terms. Isn't that accurate Mr. Atheist?

All of this tirade is meaningless. There's no issue with a book having an author. Where you run into childish fantasy is when you claim the author is God which is un-evidenced.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm quoting the Bible. I guess you don't deem it an authority. God has no partiality, no favouritism. No special treatment.
For some reason, you continue to pervert the notion of equality.

There is God’s eternal standard, which applies equally to all.

To say there is no partiality is not to be taken to mean all will be treated equally: some will be saved; some will not be saved; we’ll all be judged based on the quality of our work.

If what you say were true, ‘God’s chosen people’ would have no application, would it?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of this tirade is meaningless. There's no issue with a book having an author. Where you run into childish fantasy is when you claim the author is God which is un-evidenced.
It is self evident! As evident as a book has an author, the objective evidence is there must be a God.

He writes in the material of existence, not with ink and paper but the stuff of matter. You just don’t have eyes to see.

The writing of the author of life is seen in life itself, at the molecular level, in the DNA. Like a computer code or book, it contains information, written in 4D.

Humans only write in 2D.

Last edited:

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason, you continue to pervert the notion of equality.

To say there is no partiality is not to be taken to mean all will be treated equally:

Your two statements there are contradictory. Impartiality very much means every is treated equally. Hence it is you that are perverting the notion of equality.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
It is self evident! As evident as a book has an author, the objective evidence is there must be a God.
Nope you're just engaging in self-delusion, the result of religious indoctrination. The most likely and obvious reason for the design we see in the world around us is that more advanced beings than us designed it. It's ironic that you can envisage a God having the ability to design such things but don't have the simple logic to envisage an advanced being (that is not God) doing the same. This kind of blindness comes from being psychologically programmed/conditioned.

Does it matter which beings did the designing? Yes it very much does. There's no evidence whatsoever for your mythical God. There is only evidence of design and much of that design is very far from perfect which is evidence of a fallible designer not an infallible God.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your two statements there are contradictory. Impartiality very much means every is treated equally. Hence it is you that are perverting the notion of equality.
No. The perversion of equality today extends to equality of outcomes. This is unbiblical. There are the saved and the damned, the living and the dead, etc.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
No. The perversion of equality today extends to equality of outcomes. This is unbiblical. There are the saved and the damned, the living and the dead, etc.
I quoted you numerous verses from the Bible. Now you say that's unbiblical. You couldn't make it up.

Bottom line, there is no favouritism. You are not special.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bottom line, there is no favouritism. You are not special.
So the devil tells us. The devil quoted Scripture also - out of context.

I am special. I am an image bearer of God and am his adopted son. Would it help you if I provided the verses?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So the devil tells us. The devil quoted Scripture also - out of context.

I am special. I am an image bearer of God and am his adopted son. Would it help you if I provided the verses?
then tell my is it that i would save him, despite not agreeing with his author perspective, while i would toss you into Gehenna?
i dont really even understand why myself
I am special. I am an image bearer of God
ah, icy now
you are satan incarnate

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope you're just engaging in self-delusion
Personal Attack. You just lost the argument. You - who assert aliens put 4D information into DNA of life on Earth but have no explanation for how the 4D information got into the alien life DNA - call me self-deluded.

On top of that, there is no evidence of alien life while you are drowning in evidence of the revealed God, who told us he is the Creator of life.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The most likely and obvious reason for the design we see in the world around us is that more advanced beings than us designed it.
PROVE IT.

You cannot even prove aliens exist, let alone they are more advanced than us. This, you believe while denying the revelation to the Patriarchs of the living God.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I am special. I am an image bearer of God and am his adopted son.
I thought everyone was supposedly made in the image of God in which case again, you're not special, you just have a want or need to feel special which is likely why religion has its grip on you.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
On top of that, there is no evidence of alien life while you are drowning in evidence of the revealed God,
There is no evidence at all of the Christian concept of an all-loving all-powerful God. So no, no-one is drowning in anything.
Against that almost the entire scientific community believe alien life must exist and most expect to discover it in the next few years.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
This, you believe while denying the revelation to the Patriarchs of the living God.

I've read the revelation of Harry Potter in the various books by J. K. Rowling.

I nevertheless do not believe in the actual existence of Harry Potter nor do I believe Rowling to be God. That is the rational approach.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought everyone was supposedly made in the image of God in which case again, you're not special, you just have a want or need to feel special which is likely why religion has its grip on you.
Did you notice the AND in why I’m special?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've read the revelation of Harry Potter in the various books by J. K. Rowling.

I nevertheless do not believe in the actual existence of Harry Potter nor do I believe Rowling to be God. That is the rational approach.
Strawman. Comparing AS EQUAL a work of fiction with history is in bad form.

Also, besides the Patriarchs’s, billions of Christians testify to the revelation of God in our lives, including me. We are the proof that you irrationally ignore.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no evidence at all of the Christian concept of an all-loving all-powerful God.

You are drowning in evidence.

Against that almost the entire scientific community believe alien life must exist and most expect to discover it in the next few years.
Appeal to Authority. You are comparing Christians who actually experienced the supernatural in their life as less than what others speculate could be with 0 proof to believe it.

Scientists are NOT the authority regarding God.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Strawman. Comparing AS EQUAL a work of fiction with history is in bad form.
Appeal to authority. Saying your work is real (historical) and others is fictional is a terribly weak argument. It's a book, written by men for their own purposes. It's edited, censored, crafted for an agenda, omitting anything that didn't fit that narrative. It is neither an accurate recording nor a complete and honest account. It is as fictional as Harry Potter as a result.

Also, besides the Patriarchs’s, billions of Christians testify to the revelation of God in our lives, including me. We are the proof that you irrationally ignore.
No-one ignores such people. They just understand that people can and are very easily lead in all sorts of areas of life. I've been through the indoctrination so I understand completely how it works and why people are duped. Millions of people also believe that the BBC reports the truth. Millions believe Scientology. Millions believe the tenets of Islam.

What wee know from all this is that millions of people testifying something doesn't remotely equate to any kind of proof. It simply equates to the existence of behavioural control programs which are highly successful.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
You are drowning in evidence.
As stated before we are drowning in evidence that there simply can not exist the Christian concept of an all-powerful AND all-loving God. We see the evidence all around us every day. To ignore it is to delude ourselves and exercise self-denial.

Appeal to Authority. You are comparing Christians who actually experienced the supernatural in their life as less than what others speculate could be with 0 proof to believe it.

You are again making false assertions. What people choose to think or believe they have experienced in no way equates to fact. It's a free world. People can believe in ghosts, spirits, Gods or spaghetti monsters if they wish. They see something they don't understand, they will tend to equate it with something they have been programmed to think of. We've all been programmed to think about aliens and UFOs so when people see something in the sky they don't understand they immediately refer to it as a UFO. That's how basic psychological conditioning works. It's a powerful tool.

Note that no-one comes out of the womb knowing the term God or Jesus. No child grows and knows those terms unless and until other humans tell them and begin the process of religious indoctrination.

Scientists are NOT the authority regarding God.

Evidence is the authority always. Science respects evidence and demands it. Those engaging in self-denial need a way to sweep under the carpet the lack of evidence and so cling experiences and testimonies which can't be examined. Again as stated, we are abundantly saturated with evidence that the Christian concept of an all-powerful AND all-loving God can not possibly exist. This doesn't mean a God or power of some kind doesn't exist, it just means the Christian concept is utter baloney and millions of people are choosing to ignore that evidence and engaging in denial.