If Christians Can't Have Demons Debate Me (You Won't Do It) Show Me In Scripture!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Galatians 4:15 Context

12Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am; for I am as ye are: ye have not injured me at all. 13Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first. 14And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus. 15Where is then the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me. 16Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? 17They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you, that ye might affect them. 18But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Steve Owen

Oct 13, 2019
Exmouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure what you are trying to prove with your Bible quotation; perhaps you would be a little clearer, please?
As for the challenge in the title of the thread, perhaps I may offer a syllogism:

1. Evil cannot dwell with God (Psalms 5:4).
2. The Lord Jesus cast out demons and evil spirits (Mark 5:8 etc.).
3. When someone becomes a Christian (ie. is born again) the Triune God comes and dwells within him (John 14:23).
Therefore
4. A Christian cannot be indwelt by a demon or evil spirit.

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
www.jenniferdianeaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you are trying to prove with your Bible quotation; perhaps you would be a little clearer, please?
As for the challenge in the title of the thread, perhaps I may offer a syllogism:

3. When someone becomes a Christian (ie. is born again) the Triune God comes and dwells within him (John 14:23).
Therefore
And now that you mention that I do wonder if that little girl Linda Blair in the movie "The Exorcist" was a Christian....

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever notice how it’s only those of the catholic faith that alleged demon possession?
Well, i believe there is something that can work against christians otherwise we would not need the amour of God. But it's not just putting on the amour, you have to be spiritually awakened and trained to use those weapons correctly. And i believe there are things out there almost powerful as God, things such as demons, witchcraft and unclean demonic things and spirits that can make a Christian unclean. I don't know much about Catholics. I'm not Catholic but they also seem to believe Jesus is the manchild his mother mary births in the book of Revelations. Etc I clearly do not care to argue about what Catholics think because I saw what and how they think already so it's no use debating about something I will never come to them with an agreement with. Just sound like more cult teachings..etc and while not powerful as God I do believe demons are powerful enough to destroy a person's life. That's why we are not to mess with all that kinda stuff cause only the Lord knows how to handle something powerful as those things. It's one thing to practice something and feel inspired by it but it's another thing to go so far as to hurt someone in such a way for selfish and controlling reasons. And people want to complain how bad the world is ..it's people like that who curse this world and earth..people like that who bring curses upon themselves...I'm sure we can all be bad/evil sometimes but it's like some people just don't know when to stop...it's crazy

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now that you mention that I do wonder if that little girl Linda Blair in the movie "The Exorcist" was a Christian....
She wasn't...I believe the mother was agnostic or atheist....speaking of the character not the actress.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 4:15 Context

12Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am; for I am as ye are: ye have not injured me at all. 13Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first. 14And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus. 15Where is then the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me. 16Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? 17They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you, that ye might affect them. 18But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you.
We can be oppressed but not possessed by the enemy. Also 1 John says greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. We don't share space in our bodies for the Holy Spirit and demons.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does it matter if you "have" a demon, are "influenced" by one, or are "controlled" by one? You are still listening to that voice instead of to God.
Christians are tormented and tempted by demons all the time....through the weakness of the flesh....I am a firm believer that they cannot possess us as was the person that Jesus cast out "Legion" into the swine from the man who the people considered a lunatic. He couldn't have been a christian at the time because the gospel of salvation was just coming to their knowledge.

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Therefore

Your just giving me cherry picks!! deal with the verse!! I agree evil cannot dwell with God but we are not God!!

Reactions: Helen

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, i believe there is something that can work against christians otherwise we would not need the amour of God. But it's not just putting on the amour, you have to be spiritually awakened and trained to use those weapons correctly. And i believe there are things out there almost powerful as God, things such as demons, witchcraft and unclean demonic things and spirits that can make a Christian unclean. I don't know much about Catholics. I'm not Catholic but they also seem to believe Jesus is the manchild his mother mary births in the book of Revelations. Etc I clearly do not care to argue about what Catholics think because I saw what and how they think already so it's no use debating about something I will never come to them with an agreement with. Just sound like more cult teachings..etc and while not powerful as God I do believe demons are powerful enough to destroy a person's life. That's why we are not to mess with all that kinda stuff cause only the Lord knows how to handle something powerful as those things. It's one thing to practice something and feel inspired by it but it's another thing to go so far as to hurt someone in such a way for selfish and controlling reasons. And people want to complain how bad the world is ..it's people like that who curse this world and earth..people like that who bring curses upon themselves...I'm sure we can all be bad/evil sometimes but it's like some people just don't know when to stop...it's crazy

bro!! you need to do a lot more studying about these things!! i'm not being belittling i'm just trying 2 show you!! curse's come upon us and the earth because we've disobeyed God!! it all started in the garden of eden, do you actually know wat a curse is? As for witches warlocks their just working off of Gods left overs, theirs is just a counterfeit of the real thing, they can do nothing to you if ur obeying God and living holy!! dats when God gives you his hedge of protection.

Read the bible man and ull find a list of curse's mentioned!! and wat they actually are.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are u kidding me!! Catholics are too busy being possessed themselves to even notice, I used to be one!! they are just deluded!!
Acts 19 is a good chapter to study about demon-possession....
I am pasting the whole chapter because there is so much wisdom here...

Acts 19
1And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

7 And all the men were about twelve.

8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.

9 But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.

10 And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:

12 So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.

14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.

15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

17 And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.

18 And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds.

19 Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.

20 So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

21 After these things were ended, Paul purposed in the spirit, when he had passed through Macedonia and Achaia, to go to Jerusalem, saying, After I have been there, I must also see Rome.

22 So he sent into Macedonia two of them that ministered unto him, Timotheus and Erastus; but he himself stayed in Asia for a season.

23 And the same time there arose no small stir about that way.

24 For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, which made silver shrines for Diana, brought no small gain unto the craftsmen;

25 Whom he called together with the workmen of like occupation, and said, Sirs, ye know that by this craft we have our wealth.

26 Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:

27 So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth.

28 And when they heard these sayings, they were full of wrath, and cried out, saying, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.

29 And the whole city was filled with confusion: and having caught Gaius and Aristarchus, men of Macedonia, Paul's companions in travel, they rushed with one accord into the theatre.

30 And when Paul would have entered in unto the people, the disciples suffered him not.

31 And certain of the chief of Asia, which were his friends, sent unto him, desiring him that he would not adventure himself into the theatre.

32 Some therefore cried one thing, and some another: for the assembly was confused: and the more part knew not wherefore they were come together.

33 And they drew Alexander out of the multitude, the Jews putting him forward. And Alexander beckoned with the hand, and would have made his defence unto the people.

34 But when they knew that he was a Jew, all with one voice about the space of two hours cried out, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.

35 And when the townclerk had appeased the people, he said, Ye men of Ephesus, what man is there that knoweth not how that the city of the Ephesians is a worshipper of the great goddess Diana, and of the image which fell down from Jupiter?

36 Seeing then that these things cannot be spoken against, ye ought to be quiet, and to do nothing rashly.

37 For ye have brought hither these men, which are neither robbers of churches, nor yet blasphemers of your goddess.

38 Wherefore if Demetrius, and the craftsmen which are with him, have a matter against any man, the law is open, and there are deputies: let them implead one another.

39 But if ye enquire any thing concerning other matters, it shall be determined in a lawful assembly.

40 For we are in danger to be called in question for this day's uproar, there being no cause whereby we may give an account of this concourse.

41 And when he had thus spoken, he dismissed the assembly.

Casting out evil spirits seemed to be quite common in those days....verses 13-15 tells of certain Jews (and it emphasized them to be exorcists) who tried to cast a certain demon out mimicking Paul's ministry.....I kind of chuckle everytime I read verse 15 and 16.....anyway, notice how the evil spirit itself spoke to the Chief Jewish Priest and challenged his authority to cast it out? The evil spirit attacked him and his associates and they left naked and wounded.
These priests were operating on their own authority not Jesus....
Again this man was not a christian....

Off topic but what caught my attention as well was when Paul asked the disciples there if they had received the Holy Spirit since they came to believe.....they openly admitted they had not heard of a Holy Spirit....Paul said unto what then were you baptized and they said of John's baptism.....Paul educated them in saying John baptized with the baptism of repentance saying to them to believe on Jesus....so they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus and then Paul laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they immediately spoke in tongues and prophesied.
The Day of Pentecost was not the only time scripture refers to speaking in tongues after the Holy Spirit had came upon them.....or also known as baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Paul is my favorite to study....in fact almost all the books after the 4 Gospels are written by Paul or by someone who was documenting his life.

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 19 is a good chapter to study about demon-possession....
I am pasting the whole chapter because there is so much wisdom here...

Acts 19
1And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

7 And all the men were about twelve.

8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.

9 But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.

10 And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:

12 So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.

14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.

15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

17 And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.

18 And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds.

19 Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.

20 So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

21 After these things were ended, Paul purposed in the spirit, when he had passed through Macedonia and Achaia, to go to Jerusalem, saying, After I have been there, I must also see Rome.

22 So he sent into Macedonia two of them that ministered unto him, Timotheus and Erastus; but he himself stayed in Asia for a season.

23 And the same time there arose no small stir about that way.

24 For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, which made silver shrines for Diana, brought no small gain unto the craftsmen;

25 Whom he called together with the workmen of like occupation, and said, Sirs, ye know that by this craft we have our wealth.

26 Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:

27 So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth.

28 And when they heard these sayings, they were full of wrath, and cried out, saying, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.

29 And the whole city was filled with confusion: and having caught Gaius and Aristarchus, men of Macedonia, Paul's companions in travel, they rushed with one accord into the theatre.

30 And when Paul would have entered in unto the people, the disciples suffered him not.

31 And certain of the chief of Asia, which were his friends, sent unto him, desiring him that he would not adventure himself into the theatre.

32 Some therefore cried one thing, and some another: for the assembly was confused: and the more part knew not wherefore they were come together.

33 And they drew Alexander out of the multitude, the Jews putting him forward. And Alexander beckoned with the hand, and would have made his defence unto the people.

34 But when they knew that he was a Jew, all with one voice about the space of two hours cried out, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.

35 And when the townclerk had appeased the people, he said, Ye men of Ephesus, what man is there that knoweth not how that the city of the Ephesians is a worshipper of the great goddess Diana, and of the image which fell down from Jupiter?

36 Seeing then that these things cannot be spoken against, ye ought to be quiet, and to do nothing rashly.

37 For ye have brought hither these men, which are neither robbers of churches, nor yet blasphemers of your goddess.

38 Wherefore if Demetrius, and the craftsmen which are with him, have a matter against any man, the law is open, and there are deputies: let them implead one another.

39 But if ye enquire any thing concerning other matters, it shall be determined in a lawful assembly.

40 For we are in danger to be called in question for this day's uproar, there being no cause whereby we may give an account of this concourse.

41 And when he had thus spoken, he dismissed the assembly.

Casting out evil spirits seemed to be quite common in those days....verses 13-15 tells of certain Jews (and it emphasized them to be exorcists) who tried to cast a certain demon out mimicking Paul's ministry.....I kind of chuckle everytime I read verse 15 and 16.....anyway, notice how the evil spirit itself spoke to the Chief Jewish Priest and challenged his authority to cast it out? The evil spirit attacked him and his associates and they left naked and wounded.
These priests were operating on their own authority not Jesus....
Again this man was not a christian....

Off topic but what caught my attention as well was when Paul asked the disciples there if they had received the Holy Spirit since they came to believe.....they openly admitted they had not heard of a Holy Spirit....Paul said unto what then were you baptized and they said of John's baptism.....Paul educated them in saying John baptized with the baptism of repentance saying to them to believe on Jesus....so they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus and then Paul laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they immediately spoke in tongues and prophesied.
The Day of Pentecost was not the only time scripture refers to speaking in tongues after the Holy Spirit had came upon them.....or also known as baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Paul is my favorite to study....in fact almost all the books after the 4 Gospels are written by Paul or by someone who was documenting his life.
Yeah but when someone cast out a demon where does it go? Remember when Jesus told them to leave the boy and went in the pigs. I guess Jesus was more concern about the boys soul then the pigs cause when Jesus cast the demon out they went inside the pigs and it killed the pigs.. it's not about just casting a demon out..you gotta know where it's going. That's what happen on the exorcist..they tried to cast the spirit out of Regan and even though they did it went inside one of the priests and it killed him..so if one is gonna do that..they need to know what they are doing...

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bro!! you need to do a lot more studying about these things!! i'm not being belittling i'm just trying 2 show you!! curse's come upon us and the earth because we've disobeyed God!! it all started in the garden of eden, do you actually know wat a curse is? As for witches warlocks their just working off of Gods left overs, theirs is just a counterfeit of the real thing, they can do nothing to you if ur obeying God and living holy!! dats when God gives you his hedge of protection.

Read the bible man and ull find a list of curse's mentioned!! and wat they actually are.
Malachi 4 Genesis 12:3 maybe you need to do that child....

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah but when someone cast out a demon where does it go? Remember when Jesus told them to leave the boy and went in the pigs. I guess Jesus was more concern about the boys soul then the pigs cause when Jesus cast the demon out they went inside the pigs and it killed the pigs.. it's not about just casting a demon out..you gotta know where it's going. That's what happen on the exorcist..they tried to cast the spirit out of Regan and even though they did it went inside one of the priests and it killed him..so if one is gonna do that..they need to know what they are doing...
The demon is in dry places....
Matt. 12:43-45: “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order. Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first.…”

The reason Jesus cast the demons into the swine was so they couldn't return to the boy....imho.

And this kind of implies that if our house is filled (with the Holy Spirit and with Jesus) then they can't re-enter because the house has a new occupant and they can't come in.

Reactions: 3rdAngel

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does it matter if you "have" a demon, are "influenced" by one, or are "controlled" by on and e? You are still listening to that voice instead of to God.

Agree

You are right.
As for the weak argument of some that God cannot be where there is evil because of His holiness. :rolleyes:

God is omnipresent , omnipotent , omniscient...He is everywhere where sin dwells ...nothing is hid from Him.
Heaven sakes , we know that The Accuser of The Brethren was right there before the throne in the book of Job!! lol

Reactions: Heart2Soul

3rdAngel

Dec 1, 2019
Qld
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If Christians Can't Have Demons Debate Me (You Won't Do It) Show Me In Scripture!!

Hi Dove nice to meet you. Christians do not have demons according to the scriptures they have God's Spirit where no demon can dwell. That being said all Christians have temptations to depart from God and if they do can be controlled by demons if they do not repent and return to believe and follow Gods Word. This is why JESUS says we need to be born again *JOHN 3:3-7. If we are not born again we cannot see the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever is Born of God does not commit sin. This is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 John 3:6-10.

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh and one other thing....Hollywood doesn't portray an accurate picture of what the Bible teaches us about demons/evil spirits....so The Exorcist is not a very good source to compare to.