if i read 5 chapters of bible per day can you say how long until i finished it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It depends whether you read the full Bible or the Protestant reduced version.

Mike12

Oct 28, 2020
Madison
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would that produce context and education if you did that? When I've heard it proclaimed that countries are converts won in Christ with the Gospel of John alone? What do you guys say? After reading a version of the accounts of Christ in Matthew, Mark, Luke or John, the full context of those scholars is seen in genesis 1 adam and eve, Exodus the 10 commandments, Noah and the Ark Genesis, Jonah in the whale, what am I Missing? Personal edification may be built through the letters of Paul but skip to the book of Acts is our history as a Church, and Revelation. The Nicene Creed doesn't summarize the Old Testament, are you a Nicene Christian of 1.5 Billion followers? What about the Westminster Confession?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
thanks! can you say me it

With 1189 chapters in the Bible it would take 237.8 days.

With that being said the Bible is not something to rush through.

But some people can read a lot without their mind wandering, but I am not one of those people, I need to take it slow, little by little.

Also usually the more thoroughly and slowly you read it, the more detail you can pick up from the scriptures. I guess it can be compared to running and walking, when you read the scriptures you want to walk, take your time and take in the detail. :)

Mike12

Oct 28, 2020
Madison
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With 1189 chapters in the Bible it would take 237.8 days.

With that being said the Bible is not something to rush through.

But some people can read a lot without their mind wandering, but I am not one of those people, I need to take it slow, little by little.

Also usually the more thoroughly and slowly you read it, the more detail you can pick up from the scriptures. I guess it can be compared to running and walking, when you read the scriptures you want to walk, take your time and take in the detail. :)
You wouldn't discover a Heaven that anyone wishes to get to for 929 chapters. I just find that an interesting perspective.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You wouldn't discover a Heaven that anyone wishes to get to for 929 chapters. I just find that an interesting perspective.

1189 chapters at one chapter a day is just a little over 3.25 years

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1189 chapters at one chapter a day is just a little over 3.25 years

It's worth mentioning, the NT is a lot quicker to get through than the OT, at one chapter a day the New Testament can be read in 260 days.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks! can you say me it
Hello Holy999,
That's an interesting name. I kinda like it. Reminds me of the first time I ever picked up a Bilbe and read it for myself.
I was about 17 and I was all by myself and it was late at night. And somebody turned off the electricity so all I had was an oil lamp.
On the table sat this BIG thick Bible. It was one of those old ones with all the pretty pictures and squirly letters.
I don't know why but the first book I turned to was the last..

haha that's funny the last was first..:D
what are you doing here? I thought you was going to stay on course? Go back to work, ok?
But it's saturday..o_O
Alright then, go play on the trains.
hehe.. ok :p

As I was saying, I started reading the book of Revelation. And the more I read the scarier it got.
I couldn't put it down. I had to see what was going to happen at the end of the world.
And that's where I found that number that kinda looks like your number only upside down. :cool:

Anyways, it didn't take me long to get through that book because I got so intereted in it I couldn't put it down.
When I did get to the end, turned out the bad guys lost and the good guys won and God was in the middle of making new things.
There was a New city called Jerusalem ( I didn't even know there was an old one yet) , and then God made a new earth and a new heaven.
And that's where my journey began almost 40 years ago.. well 38 to be exact. I don't need to be older than I am.

So little later down the road I picked up the Bible again, only this time I thought I would start:
In the Beginning..
Well, that was ok and I was doing alright until I got to the begats.. he begat this one and this one begat that one and that one begat ...
There's a lot of begats. So many I got bored and walked away.

About a year later, God walked me into this church. I hadn't been to church since I was a little kid, but he wanted me to check this one out.
It was a Southern Bible Baptist church. So I said hello and sat down expecting the choir to sing, except they didn't have a choir.
It was just the people singing.. I don't sing so good so I just kinda sang really low.
The Pastor, what can I say about Pastor? :rolleyes: ... He was a serious man, very serious. But his wife and kids were all happy, so I figured he couldn't be all that gloomy. Turns out he wasn't gloomy, he was on a mission from saving you from going to HELL!! :eek:
He started right where I did.. in the book of Revelation! talking about getting thrown into everlasting damnation. and how I had to be saved!
He was jumping and a thumping and yellin and hollerin,
He scared me. He sure did. So much so, I just had to go back next sunday and find out more.

That week I learned about the Gospel and he was all over the Bible. I don't think you could slow him down from turning pages if you glued them to his fingers. He would say turn here and turn there. And by the time I found it he was off and running for the next one. o_O
And he wasn't the story telling type. The ones who can help you relate to what the bible is trying to tell you. But he knew where those books and chapters and verses were faster than I could find the book to look in.
Like somebody says, go to the book of Phillipians.. hmm, is that in the front or the back? so you go to the index, oh it's in the 2nd half.
Look for the page number.. and, too late, he's says go another place.. :mad:
He must of been saying something right because about a year later I got baptized. I didn't know what to expect.
I walked in and there's this big what looked like half the size of a swimming pool. I had to get in and trust him not to drown me.

I moved a little while after that to a new state and I forgot about the Bible and church and got busy with working and family.
But every now and then I hear someone say something and I would remember I heard that in the Bible.
Then I got a computer. Had one of those dial ups. I think it was windows 98? I forget. And then I found the Bible online and I found a forum like this one. It was fun, lot of good people, just like here. :D
And I started doing word searches and I was flipping through verses faster than the Pastor was flipping through pages.
And so I don't know if I ever read the Bible from cover to cover, but I listen to the online Bible all the time.
I got myself a set of CD's of the Bible and I would listen to them all the time. I put them on when I go to bed and fall asleep listening to Proverbs or Jeremiah..

So to make a long story short..
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
I suppose it all depends on where you want to start.
I been reading the Bible for 38 years and I still haven't gone cover to cover yet.

They have study guides online I believe..
I just never used them... yet :)

HUGS

Reactions: amadeus

Mike12

Oct 28, 2020
Madison
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Holy999,
That's an interesting name. I kinda like it. Reminds me of the first time I ever picked up a Bilbe and read it for myself.
I was about 17 and I was all by myself and it was late at night. And somebody turned off the electricity so all I had was an oil lamp.
On the table sat this BIG thick Bible. It was one of those old ones with all the pretty pictures and squirly letters.
I don't know why but the first book I turned to was the last..

haha that's funny the last was first..:D
what are you doing here? I thought you was going to stay on course? Go back to work, ok?
But it's saturday..o_O
Alright then, go play on the trains.
hehe.. ok :p

As I was saying, I started reading the book of Revelation. And the more I read the scarier it got.
I couldn't put it down. I had to see what was going to happen at the end of the world.
And that's where I found that number that kinda looks like your number only upside down. :cool:

Anyways, it didn't take me long to get through that book because I got so intereted in it I couldn't put it down.
When I did get to the end, turned out the bad guys lost and the good guys won and God was in the middle of making new things.
There was a New city called Jerusalem ( I didn't even know there was an old one yet) , and then God made a new earth and a new heaven.
And that's where my journey began almost 40 years ago.. well 38 to be exact. I don't need to be older than I am.

So little later down the road I picked up the Bible again, only this time I thought I would start:
In the Beginning..
Well, that was ok and I was doing alright until I got to the begats.. he begat this one and this one begat that one and that one begat ...
There's a lot of begats. So many I got bored and walked away.

About a year later, God walked me into this church. I hadn't been to church since I was a little kid, but he wanted me to check this one out.
It was a Southern Bible Baptist church. So I said hello and sat down expecting the choir to sing, except they didn't have a choir.
It was just the people singing.. I don't sing so good so I just kinda sang really low.
The Pastor, what can I say about Pastor? :rolleyes: ... He was a serious man, very serious. But his wife and kids were all happy, so I figured he couldn't be all that gloomy. Turns out he wasn't gloomy, he was on a mission from saving you from going to HELL!! :eek:
He started right where I did.. in the book of Revelation! talking about getting thrown into everlasting damnation. and how I had to be saved!
He was jumping and a thumping and yellin and hollerin,
He scared me. He sure did. So much so, I just had to go back next sunday and find out more.

That week I learned about the Gospel and he was all over the Bible. I don't think you could slow him down from turning pages if you glued them to his fingers. He would say turn here and turn there. And by the time I found it he was off and running for the next one. o_O
And he wasn't the story telling type. The ones who can help you relate to what the bible is trying to tell you. But he knew where those books and chapters and verses were faster than I could find the book to look in.
Like somebody says, go to the book of Phillipians.. hmm, is that in the front or the back? so you go to the index, oh it's in the 2nd half.
Look for the page number.. and, too late, he's says go another place.. :mad:
He must of been saying something right because about a year later I got baptized. I didn't know what to expect.
I walked in and there's this big what looked like half the size of a swimming pool. I had to get in and trust him not to drown me.

I moved a little while after that to a new state and I forgot about the Bible and church and got busy with working and family.
But every now and then I hear someone say something and I would remember I heard that in the Bible.
Then I got a computer. Had one of those dial ups. I think it was windows 98? I forget. And then I found the Bible online and I found a forum like this one. It was fun, lot of good people, just like here. :D
And I started doing word searches and I was flipping through verses faster than the Pastor was flipping through pages.
And so I don't know if I ever read the Bible from cover to cover, but I listen to the online Bible all the time.
I got myself a set of CD's of the Bible and I would listen to them all the time. I put them on when I go to bed and fall asleep listening to Proverbs or Jeremiah..

So to make a long story short..
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
I suppose it all depends on where you want to start.
I been reading the Bible for 38 years and I still haven't gone cover to cover yet.

They have study guides online I believe..
I just never used them... yet :)

HUGS

Reactions: Ziggy