if i wanted to become a catholic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Why is it so necessary for anti-Catholics to make up lies and falsehoods and slanderous vitriol??? Do Catholics do that to you??? Do you really think you are doing God a favor by attacking Catholics with such arrogant bigotry??? Grow up and get out of your fundie ghetto.

Your cheap insults only serves to affirm my faith, of all the churches in the world, the Catholic Church is the most persecuted.
A smart person would consider that when looking for a real church. We see anti-Catholicism in our whole culture, from governments, the entertainment industry, and forums like this one where threads get contaminated by ignorance and prejudice. You are just on the anti-Catholic band wagon joined in with the rest of our culture. Chances are you live in the south.

Interactive map shows growing number of Catholic churches, statues being attacked
attacks_on_churchess-810x500.jpg

The New Anti-Catholicism: The Last Acceptable Prejudice
Anti-Catholicism has a long history in America. And as Philip Jenkins argues in The New Anti-Catholicism, this virulent strain of hatred―once thought dead―is alive and well in our nation, but few people seem to notice, or care. A statement that is seen as racist, misogynistic, anti-Semitic, or homophobic can haunt a speaker for years, writes Jenkins, but it is still possible to make hostile and vituperative public statements about Roman Catholicism without fear of serious repercussions. Jenkins shines a light on anti-Catholic sentiment in American society and illuminates its causes, looking closely at gay and feminist anti-Catholicism, anti-Catholic rhetoric and imagery in the media, and the anti-Catholicism of the academic world. For newspapers and newsmagazines, for television news and in movies, for major book publishers, the Catholic Church has come to provide a grossly stereotyped public villain. Catholic opinions, doctrines, and individual leaders are frequently the butt of harsh satire. Indeed, the notion that the church is a deadly enemy of women―the idea of Catholic misogyny―is commonly accepted in the news media and in popular culture, says Jenkins...

(the author is not Catholic, which indicates objective research, not subjective.)

sitb-sticker-v3-xsmall._CB485000646_.png

5105VwcE7RL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.ca/New-Anti-Catholicism-Last-Acceptable-Prejudice/dp/0195176049

Matthew 5:10-12
Fortunately for you, "moderator discretion" means you can even compose vile anti-Catholic thread titles (that makes a mockery of the rules) and get away with it. Go ahead and make your case against Catholicism, but do it on scriptural grounds, not false 18th century philosophies that have been refuted a million times. You guys talk a lot about end-time persecution while you inflict it on Catholics.:rolleyes: Give us the right to explain ourselves, the same right you give to yourself. And try not to be so insulting.
Great post illuminator

Jesus said His disciples would be known by the love they had for each other.

John said if we don't have love, we do not know God.

Nuff said.
Have a joyous Easter

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
To be a Catholic, you have a pledge allegiance with your heart, soul, mind, body, and earthly funds to the Pope in Rome. Then, it's rituals and vane repetitions of "prayers" to people like the "saints". If you want to really blow your mind, read the Bible and take it seriously, then pray a true heart and soulfelt prayer to Jesus. Go directly to the Cross of Christ and not through a middle man. Jesus said, don't call any Good but God. Don't call any father, but your Father in heaven. Don't call any teacher, except your one and only teacher, Jesus.
NJ Life Coach for Christians
You're a coach for Christian's???

By the above post, you don't even sound like a Christian.

Reactions: Illuminator

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're a coach for Christian's???

By the above post, you don't even sound like a Christian.
It's not all their fault. The process for most anti-Catholic prejudice is a matter of socialization. The process is similar to the process leading to racism. Forums can't heal prejudice, but the Holy Spirit can! As attested by thousands of converts:
The Coming Home Network - Discover Catholicism, Come Home >>features a section for non-Catholic pastors.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It's not all their fault. The process for most anti-Catholic prejudice is a matter of socialization. The process is similar to the process leading to racism. Forums can't heal prejudice, but the Holy Spirit can! As attested by thousands of converts:
The Coming Home Network - Discover Catholicism, Come Home >>features a section for non-Catholic pastors.
Thanks for all the links I.
I can't really call myself Catholic although I attend the C church and have a few C priests as friends.
They know I can't accept all the doctrine but they don't care. Long story.

I'm horrified at how some treat their brothers in Christ. Jesus taught love and our responsibility toward God. I see the opposite many times from Protestants. I wonder if they really know our Lord.

It's pretty dumb to call the CC a cult if we wouldn't even be here if it weren't for that church.
It did get lost at a certain point, but maybe we could start to forgive?

It's different today and we should respect the change it's made and discuss with love.

Some of my friends here that give likes to your opponents should really not be encouraging them.

A joyous Easter to all of you!

Hope your OK Amadeus.
Don't have much time these days.
:(

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All Christians are Catholic in fact !
The Church of England is Catholic in fact.
The Lutheran Church is Catholic in fact.
Even the church of Roman is Catholic in fact.

So they all claim to be Catholic, every Church makes such a claim that I know of !

Can anyone provide me of a list of they who claim to be Christian Churches that claim they are not Catholic.