If Jesus paid the price for our sins...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
If Jesus paid the price for our sins why do we have to pay anything? I mean... if I went out to dinner with someone and they said, "I paid what you owe" wouldn't that mean I could walk out the restaurant free as could be? And if the consequence of sin is death... and Jesus paid the price for our sins... doesn't that mean the consequences should be paid for and there should be no more death?

Jesus said if you die and believe in me you'll live and if you live and believe in me you'll never die... is the reason why people aren't living and never dieing because we don't really believe?

And then Jesus said that once someone has experienced the resurrection they couldn't die ever again... does that mean that those that were resurrected by Jesus are still alive today? or did He resurrect Lazarus and then Lazarus just died again which would go against what Jesus said?

Just some random thoughts...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus paid the price for our sins why do we have to pay anything? I mean... if I went out to dinner with someone and they said, "I paid what you owe" wouldn't that mean I could walk out the restaurant free as could be? And if the consequence of sin is death... and Jesus paid the price for our sins... doesn't that mean the consequences should be paid for and there should be no more death?

Jesus said if you die and believe in me you'll live and if you live and believe in me you'll never die... is the reason why people aren't living and never dieing because we don't really believe?

And then Jesus said that once someone has experienced the resurrection they couldn't die ever again... does that mean that those that were resurrected by Jesus are still alive today? or did He resurrect Lazarus and then Lazarus just died again which would go against what Jesus said?

Just some random thoughts...

If someone pays your tuition at college......it is still your job to learn and remain a student by getting adequate grades.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Yeah... and if you go out to dinner with someone and they pay for it you get to eat the food... so what? that has no relevance to paying the price... if someone has paid for you... they've paid for you... period... if you still have to pay... they haven't paid for you... period..

Death, sickness, etc... isn't the blessing's of life... it's the consequences of sin... that's what Jesus paid the price for...

All those ignorant saying's like, "Death is a part of life" are stupid... death isn't a part of life... it's the absence of life...

Jesus paid the price for our sins, the consequences of sin is death, He came so that we may have life... if death is paid for... we truly have life...

So why am I not seeing it fully?

Like Jesus said... when the Son of Man comes will He really find faith on the earth?

I'm not really seeing it in myself... that's for sure...

Lord help my unbelief...

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah... and if you go out to dinner with someone and they pay for it you get to eat the food... so what? that has no relevance to paying the price... if someone has paid for you... they've paid for you... period... if you still have to pay... they haven't paid for you... period..

Death, sickness, etc... isn't the blessing's of life... it's the consequences of sin... that's what Jesus paid the price for...

All those ignorant saying's like, "Death is a part of life" are stupid... death isn't a part of life... it's the absence of life...

Jesus paid the price for our sins, the consequences of sin is death, He came so that we may have life... if death is paid for... we truly have life...

So why am I not seeing it fully?

Like Jesus said... when the Son of Man comes will He really find faith on the earth?

I'm not really seeing it in myself... that's for sure...

Lord help my unbelief...

Don't think about it too much, the answer is the doctrine of Purgatory ;)

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
This is spirtual death. We wont feel the sting of death "which is the second death" which is the lake of fire.

Purgatory,,,,, That's where poor Catholics go when they die. :lol:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is spirtual death. We wont feel the sting of death "which is the second death" which is the lake of fire.

Purgatory,,,,, That's where poor Catholics go when they die. :lol:

Well, execpt for the rich ones that can buy a camel that can pass through the eye of a needle.....
biggrin.gif

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Then why did He say He was the Resurrection and then raise Lazarus from the grave?

Jesus said that those who obtained the Resurrection could never die again...

Why did all the saints come out of the grave after He died on the cross?

Did all those saints and Lazarus that came out of the grave due to Christ being the Resurrection die again?

I mean... if He didn't pay for all the death in my life He only paid for part of the consequences of sin...

and I'm not buying that...

My belief is that it's my unbelief... Lord help my unbelief...

Those who die and believe in Him will live... those who live and believe in Him will never die... but will He find faith on the earth? Will the last enemy be put under His feet when He returns? The last enemy is death...

Either Jesus is 100% true... or He's 100% false...

I'm over watering down the Word/Jesus to not have to face the fact that maybe the truth is I really just don't believe.

I'm going to confess that it's my unbelief that's hindering instead of excusing myself by watering down His Word...

That's what I'm going to do... but to each their own...

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

If someone paid the price of your dinner for you, making you free to walk out, and then on your way out you punch the waitress, throw tables and chairs, and steal, wouldn't you lose your freedom and instead wind up in jail? We likewise are still responsible for how we walk after Christ Jesus paid the price for us.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
that has no relevance to this principle.... because someone paying for your dinner has no relevance to them paying the price for you committing violent acts... that's two different bills... paying for dinner is paying for dinner... paying for sins is paying for sins... so the only thing that's paid for is what's paid for... that's it... and if your dinner is paid for yes it is paid for and you don't have to pay anything... same way as if your sins are paid for they're paid for and you don't have to pay anything... or else you paid for it... not them... and that's all there is to it...

Jesus paid the price for my sins... so I am free... I no longer owe anything... if I have to pay anything then it's me that paid the price for them... not Him... and even though religion has tried to puff me up and deny Him the glory He deserves for being the One who paid the price... I am now rejecting those lies that only sound right to my ego and pride and eventually lead to death.

My best works are like filthy rags compared to the righteousness I have in Him... and it's by Him alone that I am righteous...He paid the price for my sins... there's nothing I can add... not even a tip... so I am completely free!!!

The one thing I know is the children of the slave woman will always persecute the sons of the free woman... so I expect those that are under the bondage of religion and the curse of the law to freak out on what I'm saying... but those that are free know what I'm saying is true... because they have had the revelation of themselves... that they are sinners... and the revelation of Him... that He is Love and He alone is our Salvation.

He alone is my righteousness....and even though I know it has nothing to do with being forgiven for my sins... I want Him to make me more like Him everyday...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
[A gift is only a gift if it is received as such, The problem wit religion is it says just that, Jesus paid the price in full, but I am going to add to the cost, by,

tithing, doing penance after confession, going to church on sunday, doing works, ( thats only when its in the flesh whch is how we mostly do things ), by trying to please God, every tim we do things trying to please God, earn our salvation, its adding to the price. So if your friend said, im going to pay for the meal , then you said Im going to add a tip, then you havnt accepted the gift.

In His LOve