If this is all christianty has

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another pivotal verse is "Love covers a multitude of sins" (1 Pet. 4:8). I suggest you endeavor to help me help @mjrhealth understand the Trinity, and perhaps he may come to see Jesus is not only the son of man but also the son of God.
I don't trust that you understand the Trinity.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you hold that extrabiblical sources quoting Jesus are valid.

I believe that you may have been deceived by some of those sources and would not take any chances on what you might say about the Trinity if you received your information from such sources.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a simple principle here. they never did, You should read about how and when and by whom the gospels where written and about all the inconsistencies <fify>, but when men create idols in there hearts its easy to ignore the truth.

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Who was sent??

The <fify> Holy <fify> Spirit to whom all who believe so He can teach them the truth. If you would rather a book than that which is alive it is your own <fify> doing, not His ,He has given us a better way, whether <fify> men choose it or not.

The word of God, the Bible, is alive (Hebrews 4:12, 1 Peter 1:23).

Reactions: FollowHim

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The word of God, the Bible, is alive (Hebrews 4:12, 1 Peter 1:23).

2Co_3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Joh_16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. See the bit above....
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

No your just clutching at straws. Go follow your own path, if that is the one that you prefer.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have His word abiding in me; not sure why you keep lying and saying that I don't.

Don't you realize that in this, you are taking on the nature and employment of the accuser of the brethren?

Reactions: FollowHim

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still refusing correction as pride comes before a fall, humility is the mark of godliness not pride.

hope this helps !!!

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is a simple principle here. they never did, You should read about how and when and by whom the gospels where written and about all the inconsitencies, but when men create idols in there hearts its easy to ignore the truth.

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

Who was sent??

Teh holy Spirit to whom all who believe so He can teach them the truth. If you would rather a book than that which is alive it is your won doing, not His ,He has given us a better way, wheter men choose it or not.
There are atheist Christians who like the feeling of faith but not its reality.

This is not a discussion of different views but your belief in your personal revelation, as if this is sharable. I pointed out to you at least 2 others who have different encounters to you, who use scripture to justify it to themselves.

Clearly God is the God of love and morality. In our time with safety for hedonists, medical advances that cure siphilys and gonerrea, sexual immorality has run riot.

But so has loneliness and anxiousness, along with adultery and betrayal . Jesus talked about a house built on a rock. This is emotional consistency through the tumult of life which anchors us. This reality matters, it defines who we are.

After reading hateful words against those who follow Jesus's commands it is clear eternally where such folk stand. God bless you

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I hear pain in my soul when I am told I am disgusting for suggesting another does not understand my pain.

It takes a long time to see torment in another, defended and protected with layers of justification and aggression. So much of thorns and thistles speak this truth.

Jesus described it as the feeling you get after they leave. Jesus laid on us this reality, we need to show our peace, our rest in Him, our security by taking the blows and bless them. We have a choice, they do not. We have eternity and grace ever flowing, they have a threshing floor and only chaff blowing in the wind.

When you know this reality you know life. I talked with someone embedded in a life grounding love relationship. They talk like they could walk away or probably will at some later time. But in truth they are founded in each other, emeshed, and the independence is within their bonding. Our nature is to deny such dependence, yet it is also who we are.

Praise the Lord in Him we see the truth of our total need of His reality and those who likewise walk. Amen.

God bless you

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ironic that you reject His voice yet quote it here like it has authority.
Got to say this is total hypocrisy to say Jesus's words in scripture have no importance yet quote them like they do.

It passes a lot of christians by when you use their theology and language while denying it in the next breadth.

It is like believers who want to say Jesus meant being moral to the Jews before the cross yet afterwards it no longer matters because you are under grace and no matter how you behave you are secure in Him. It is like the spoilt brat of a dad who because they are an ambassador in a foreign country any crime cannot be prosecuted against them. Time and again God says he shows no favouritism, so behave badly suffer judgement, simple.

The problem with lying is it does not matter to the liars, only to the righteous, so speaking to the righteous like you believe it, they take it all at face value. So you can then totally corrupt it in the next sentence, and they will forgive you and not understand, because for them this is impossible.

God bless you

You said: "Ironic that you reject His voice yet quote it here like it has authority."

He said, one or two years ago, why he does that. He does it just because Christians like to use Bible verses. He rejects the Word of God, and the Church of God.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may not completely understand or or agree with my explanation but God understands both of us better than we understand ourselves.

but as Paul said:

1 Corinthians 14:7-9
King James Version

7 And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped?

8 For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?

9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.

If only god is truly able to understand us, then we should keep that conversation with god alone! But when we pen or speak words, we should try to make the hearer understand, otherwise we are just blowing hot air.

People fight too much to get some upper hand as if one of them had it all correct. I certainly do not believe that I do, but I believe I am following Him and looking for that city whose Builder and Maker is God where the Lamb is the Light! If we follow Him closely will either one of us miss the Way?

Tot he world ? Yes we do! there are many battles we gfight that major on the minors. However there are battles that must be fought and fought fiercely as we see in teh life of Paul, Peter, JOhn and the admonition in Jude., But this forum is a place where brethren can come and debate and disagree and defend their belief in areas. It is a place where as teh Scriptures say "Iron sharpens Iron".

We are all gorwing in faith and in HIs Image and there is many false belief systems within Christendom. that is why we must stand for what we believe is truth, and at teh same time be willing to change our position if another brother or sister briings a better biblicasl (not logical or reasonable ) argument.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but as Paul said:

1 Corinthians 14:7-9
King James Version

7 And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped?

8 For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?

9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.

If only god is truly able to understand us, then we should keep that conversation with god alone! But when we pen or speak words, we should try to make the hearer understand, otherwise we are just blowing hot air.
Silence really can be golden. You don't like to be silent? You want to teach me and preach to me? You don't like my silence? You don't like when I am not silent?

"But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God." I Cor 14:28

Who is the interpreter? Not me and not you although at times, God's time, He may speak through either one of us! Without that Interpreter, then the sound may indeed be that uncertain sound that is heard as meaningless noise. In the world around us we both have likely heard a lot of "conversations" that amounted to that.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
...a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:1,7

"He that hath ears to hear, let him hear" Matt 11:15

Have you heard what I have had to say to you up to this point?

Is there something more that you want or expect from me? Do you really want to hear my opinions or my beliefs?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Silence really can be golden. You don't like to be silent? You want to teach me and preach to me? You don't like my silence? You don't like when I am not silent?

And you want to teach me and preach to me? Or are we having a discussion and trying to talk to each other. I think you are letting your feathers get a little to ruffled over little things.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you want to teach me and preach to me? Or are we having a discussion and trying to talk to each other. I think you are letting your feathers get a little to ruffled over little things.
No, I have been trying to step away, but you insist on continuing. Carry on my friend, but not with me.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I have been trying to step away, but you insist on continuing. Carry on my friend, but not with me.

Okay! then you need not write back. Be well. But do remember, if I write something, that does not compel you to respond. You do so freely.

Reactions: amadeus