If this is all christianty has

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its no wonder so few wil be at His wedding, and He has to send the workers to the hi ways and bi ways, because "christianity"has lost its first love, and now I can too understand why He said, when I come will I find faith upon the earth, bit like looking for a needle in the Mariana Trench.

Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
Mat 11:17 And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.

Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

so many wide ways...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part of the narrow way is to believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 8:58, Exodus 3:14, John 8:24); which the scribes and Pharisees understood His claim (John 8:59, John 10:31-33).

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Its no wonder so few wil be at His wedding, and He has to send the workers to the hi ways and bi ways, because "christianity"has lost its first love, and now I can too understand why He said, when I come will I find faith upon the earth, bit like looking for a needle in the Mariana Trench.

Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
Mat 11:17 And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.

Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

so many wide ways...
Sorry, what's your problem, mjr?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Part of the narrow way is to believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 8:58, Exodus 3:14, John 8:24); which the scribes and Pharisees understood His claim (John 8:59, John 10:31-33).
Has nothing to do with it all you do is keep adding. and adding and adding till no longer is it grace by faith, but deity, law, religion and so on and so on. And so have taken away that what is the best, Faith in the one who is the truth because men would rather believe the lies.

Reactions: jshiii

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has nothing to do with it all you do is keep adding. and adding and adding till no longer is it grace by faith, but deity, law, religion and so on and so on. And so have taken away that what is the best, Faith in the one who is the truth because men would rather believe the lies.
You don't believe in the living and true Jesus Christ of Nazareth; your Jesus is another Jesus than the Jesus of the Bible (2 Corinthians 11:3-4; John 8:58, Exodus 3:14; Hebrews 1:8-9).

Last edited:
Reactions: tabletalk

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You don't believe in the living and true Jesus Christ of Nazareth; your Jesus is another Jesus than the Jesus of the Bible (2 Corinthians 11:3-4; John 8:58, Exodus 3:14; Hebrews 1:8-9).

Hes all I have ever spoken of, why do you have such a problem with Him.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

Your on your own

Reactions: jshiii and amadeus

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 8:58, Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Exo 3:14, And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Jhn 8:59, Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Jhn 10:31, Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
Jhn 10:32, Jesus answered them,
Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
Jhn 10:33, The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Jhn 8:24, I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 1:8, But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9, Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus assumed the prerogatives of Yahweh. He claimed to have control over mans eternal destiny (John 8:24, Luke 12:8-9, John 5:22, 27-29)

Jesus claimed to have authority over the Sabbath (Matthew 12:8, Mark 2:28, Luke 6:5)

Jesus claimed to have the power to answer prayer (John 14:13-14, Acts 7:59, 9:10-17)

Jesus claimed and to have the right to receive worship and faith due to God alone (Matthew 21:16, John 14:1, John 5:23).

Jesus claimed to forgive sins, something only God could do and the Jews knew this to be true. (Mark 2:5-11)

Jesus also called God's angels (Luke 12:8-9, 15:10) His angels (Matthew 13:41, 24:30-31)

Jesus called God's elect (Luke 18:7, Rom. 8:33) His elect (Matthew 24:30-31)

Jesus called God's kingdom (Matthew 12:28, Mark 1:15, Luke 4:43, John 3:3) His kingdom (Matthew 13:41, Luke 1:33).

The Lord's favorite description of Himself was "Son of Man" (cf. Matthew 8:20; Mark 2:28; Luke 6:22; John 9:35-37, etc.). Although that title seems to stress His humanity, it also speaks of His deity. Jesus' use of the term derives from Daniel 7:13-14, where the Son of Man is on equal terms with God the Father, the Ancient of Days.

Son of God- just as the son of man in most cases emphasizes Jesus humanity the title Son of God emphasizes His Deity. He has the same nature as His Father which is Divine.

Jesus claimed to be God. John 8:24,58, Revelation 1:8,17; 22:13

The Apostles called Him God- John 1:1, John 20:28, Titus 2:13, 2 Peter 1:1,11; 1 John 5:20

hope this helps !!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many Gods are there?

Is the Father a separate God from Jesus?

You have claimed Jesus is God; so, either:

1) the Father isn't God; or,

2) the Father is a separate God from Jesus (identifying two Gods); or,

3) Jesus is the Father.

See James 2:19 and 1 Corinthians 8:6, Ephesians 4:6 for a hint at the real answer.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

so many wide ways...
And again, Jesus wept! Most people, yes those also within "Christendom", today clinging to their other loves are too busy in them to cry with Jesus: Help us dear Lord!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Black and white clarity on this for everyone... even though they, like Apostle Paul, may still see through a glass darkly? What if they see, but just not so clearly perhaps as you? "Much is given... much is required" [ Luke 12:48 ]

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Black and white clarity on this for everyone... even though they, like Apostle Paul, may still see through a glass darkly? What if they see, but just not so clearly perhaps as you? "Much is given... much is required" [ Luke 12:48 ]
Not sure what you're asking...

Jesus made it clear that His Deity is an essential doctrine for salvation (John 8:24).

If people don't see it as clearly as me, they need to get there....or they will not be saved.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what you're asking...

Jesus made it clear that His Deity is an essential doctrine for salvation (John 8:24).

If people don't see it as clearly as me, they need to get there....or they will not be saved.
Is your place with God, your understanding God, your understanding of the scriptures the same as mine or @mjrhealth or @Jane_Doe22 or @Stumpmaster or @Christophany ? Because we, each of us I have mentioned and others on this forum are in different places with God and have different understandings based on our experiences and what He has, or has not, shown us... none of us is qualified to draw such lines for others between what is essential and what is not?

Are we? If we can do it for ourselves because God has shown us, then that is in our heart. I really do not believe that any of us know what is in the heart of everyone else. That is what the verse I cited [ Luke 12:48 ] I believe, is saying! That is why no man is qualified to render final judgment against another man based on what he considers to be essentials for himself.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will say that I believe that the doctrine of the Deity of Christ is essential for salvation...and you can take it or leave it.

Leave it at your own peril.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I will say that I believe that the doctrine of the Deity of Christ is essential for salvation...and you can take it or leave it.

Show me where it says it is essential, or will you insist on adding to, being the son of God does not make one God just as being the son of a king does not make one a king, otherwise we would have 2 Gods.

Rom_5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Joh_8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

Joh_20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

But stick to your story if it makes you happy.

Or did Jesus cry, myself myself how could I forsake myself,

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For a Bible student you do seem to have a closed mind. When we close our mind, I believe that includes with it our heart. To me or to some other man, that may or may not be a bad thing, but... I believe that when we close ourselves to men in this way, we also block God. We really must, I believe, grow until we run out of time. With a closed mind and heart there can be no growth! IMHO! What is God's opinion?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me where it says it is essential,

I already showed you and you didn't believe. Why do you want to hear it again (do you also want to become one of Jesus' disciples)?

It is found primarily in John 8:24.

For a Bible student you do seem to have a closed mind. When we close our mind, I believe that includes with it our heart. To me or to some other man, that may or may not be a bad thing, but... I believe that when we close ourselves to men in this way, we also block God. We really must, I believe, grow until we run out of time. With a closed mind and heart there can be no growth! IMHO! What is God's opinion?

I believe that the Lord would have us be closed-minded to the lies of the enemy. One can be presenting a false version of Jesus and when that is the case, we may very well put up with it. But in that there is a fear that, as the serpent deceived Eve with his subtilty, so we should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I already showed you and you didn't believe. Why do you want to hear it again (do you also want to become one of Jesus' disciples)?

It is found primarily in John 8:24.

You would not know if any man was , because you shoved God into a box, and nailed down the lid, and wont let Him out. You are demanding like so many that men live by "your"standard, and that is the one you yourself will be judged by.

I am the way the truth and the Life no man shall come to the father except by Me,

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.