If we do not forgive?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

surrendersacrifice

May 27, 2007
If we do not forgive we can’t be forgiven (Matt 6:14-15). Jesus, by His actions and teaching tells us what it means to forgive. In the Old covenant people lived by the laws that were written on stone (2 Cor. 3:7). They, therefore, followed the letter of the law. It was, therefore, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth (Lv. 24:20). In the New Covenant, we live by the Spirit, because the Spirit of God is imprinted on our fleshy hearts (2 Cor. 3:3). Therefore, the Spirit of God, which is unconditional love, is our heart’s desire. We are, therefore, (Matt. 5: 39-40; Luke 6: 30; Matt. 5: 44) to fight back evil with love; help those who hurt us; give to everyone who asks and do not demand back what others have taken from us; love our enemies; and pray for those persecute us. Jesus showed us that to truly love and forgive, is not only to give up resentment or claim we have against our offenders, but also to compensate for their wrongdoings. Jesus did not sue or abandon those who hurt and killed Him. He offered them salvation by dying on the cross. He, thus, offered the other cheek. We have only two choices, to live like Jesus did or to reject His life. God always offers us forgiveness. We have to accept it by believing in it. And to believe in it is to forgive others the way God forgives us.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Super Kal,we must forgive ourself and everyone else. This does apply in my mind
biggrin.gif

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
not right now... I know God has, and that's more than I could ever do for myself, but as far as for me in my mind, I hurt someone I really cared about... the one thing I thought I could never do... and I don't think I can ever forgive myself of that.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
If we do not forgive others, then Christ will not forgive us. We must be merciful to others so that God may be merciful to us.I know it's in the Bible somewhere. I heard a sermon about it. I know that somewhere in Matthew it talks about a man owing a couple of hundreds of thousand dinari (days wages) to the king.

musicmad

Mar 26, 2008
(Super Kal;46291)
not right now... I know God has, and that's more than I could ever do for myself, but as far as for me in my mind, I hurt someone I really cared about... the one thing I thought I could never do... and I don't think I can ever forgive myself of that.
Super Kal,It matters not whether you forgive yourself or not its about if GOD forgives you. You already know that if you forgive others who sin against you, then GOD will forgive you your sins. I think what your trying to say is that you have a conscience over somthing you've done, but HEY!!! this is the hole point of forgiveness, to erase a persons moral sense of anything they've done wrong... so if GOD has forgiven you, what else matters.... you sould be jumping for joy, your forgiven, it doesn't have to be a burden...BlessMusicmad

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Well Tooinvolved,it says somewhere in the bible our God can not forgive you until your forgive that man/women that has done wrong to you etc. So if you can not repent of your sins,then that leads to hell.The only true answer I can say here,is God knows your heart and he will decide

musicmad

Mar 26, 2008
(TooInvolved1;46307)
So when a Christian doesn't forgive someone does that Christian go to hell?
error post

musicmad

Mar 26, 2008
(TooInvolved1;46307)
error post

musicmad

Mar 26, 2008
(TooInvolved1;46307)
error post

musicmad

Mar 26, 2008
if a christian doesn't forgive somebody who has sinned against them, GOD will not forgive them their sins.. its that simple, whether you go to hell or not, is up to GOD.