If You Are Not Exposed To Christianity, Are You Damned?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
if you go on the basis that all in the end will be saved then why is anyone need be a Christian?

First off, the Scriptures do not use the word Christian to describe the Body of Christ. Paul never used it in any of his letters to us. There is a reason for that.
The word Christian, "little-Christs"was primarily used in derision, to target and disparage the early disciples of the Lord. It has morphed into a general classification of all who are now believers. It is a negative appelation in the word of God, and should have remained that way. But now the sense of the word has been so altered that it is most unlikely to return to the way it is used in Scripture.

Being a "Christian" is not a personal choice, it is a response to the proclamation of the Cross of Christ, and believing on the Son of God. This alone is the qualification for life in the age to come. And this is from the God Who has made the hearing ear and the seeing eye. No man can receive anything if it does come from God first.

Jn 3:27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

Becoming "Christian" is not in the hands or control of men, who would surely foul things up. It is an appointment by God, administered in grace to show forth His merciful goodness.

Ro 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

If the saints of God could grasp the reality of these things, that we were elect and chosen in Christ from before the disruption of the world, and walking according to a Power outside of ourselves, it would become obvious no one becomes a "Christian" unless it is appointed by God. Anything else would be a work of the flesh, and subject to the boasting of man. Unfortunately, this boasting occurs all too frequently as it is, with saints making the claim "I accepted Christ" or " I chose Christ".

Becoming a member of the Body of Christ is outside the control of man. It is not for everyone everywhere, as it's function is future, as the complement in the heavens with the Christ, reconciling the powers and principalities and forces of wickedness that now inhabit the celestial realm. We have work to perform ahead of us at His coming for us. It is not for all to enter into this grace and privilege.

1C 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, [are called]:

1C 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

AV 1C 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, [yea], and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

AV 1C 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

It is God Who choses, not man. The Body has its place in God's plan of redemption, but we are not sole object, and the Scriptures make that plain. We have an inheritance with the Christ of God, but that inheritance includes the reconiliation of all things, whether they be in the earth or in heaven.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
You are quite right in your mind, sane I would say. The mind that entertains such thoughts as contained in the "Endless Torment" heresy reveals the darkness which is resident within. To the natural mind, it is not possible for a god to be worse than a Hitler or a Mao Tse Tung. To the enlightened and spiritual man, the Scriptures do not make such claims as "burning in hell forever", and he may rest in that. You are fortunate to not be tainted with such foolishness and free to serve God from a pure heart.

fivesense

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" -- Matt: 25:41

bling

May 5, 2009
I cannot find where scripture addresses the judgment of those that never matured enough to held accountable. The Bible does address those that accept and refuse God’s Love.

We do know there is a law written on every mature adult’s heart, that causes hid conscience to be burdened from hurting other people. The question would be: if the person burdened by his transgressions seeks relieve from this burden by turning to the creator that he trusts (believes) to be Loving enough to forgive him, would God forgive him and remove his burden?

I have met people in this world that see the story of Jesus as being “Good News” and assurance that God does forgive them. They were waiting to hear and hoping for what they thought must be true of the Creator. So were they hell bound before I talked with them?

I see our earthly objective as being: the obtaining and growing of Godly type Love so we can fulfill the mission statement of “Loving God and others with all”. The easiest way to obtain that Love is with the acceptance of God’s forgiveness so “…he that is forgiven much will Love much…” Those that continuously refuse to accept God’s Love will eventually run through all their best opportunities and never change. Not being happy with Godly Love and desiring only selfish Love would mean they would not be happy in heaven since heaven is a huge Love feast.

From my understanding of God’s Love, I would say God would bring to heaven those that never had the opportunity to fulfill their earthly objective (of at least obtaining Godly type Love the result of a free will decision with likely alternatives [pleasure of sin ]) having only a strong child for parent type love and those with Godly type Love would serve and protect them.

Jonathan

Aug 3, 2010
North Carolina
a smug response to me using the word Christian was highly unnecessary. having to stand on a pedestal to answer my question with a long-winded vague answer does not make your answer correct.

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps I am being dense -
but if you are raised in another faith, and you do not get exposed to Christianity, it is viable to say that you are cursed to hell?

This goes back to my original enquiry. I know that we dont understand the ways of God, but I find it hard to believe you are set for eternal misery in Hell because
you were brought up in some obscure place, or under a regime that allows no access to other religions....?

Mike

skeptical inquirer

Sep 1, 2010
regarding all the comments above -

I met a lovely guy yesterday who is a Muslim, and he is very devout in serving God - when we talked, it sounded to me like the same God, on the basis that the Koran has many details referring to Old Testament and the same key individuals, yet in my mind was the idea that we Christians believe that the only way to God is through Christ -

whilst they have high respect for Christ as an important prophet, as was mentioned early they do not accept him as the Son of God -
so my problem, whilst talking to him, was, is he damned for believing what he believes so strongly, if we appear to worship the same God?

Thanks for your comments earlier, they were very valuable.
:)
Mike

Great point :)

Perhaps I am being dense -
but if you are raised in another faith, and you do not get exposed to Christianity, it is viable to say that you are cursed to hell?

This goes back to my original enquiry. I know that we dont understand the ways of God, but I find it hard to believe you are set for eternal misery in Hell because
you were brought up in some obscure place, or under a regime that allows no access to other religions....?

Mike

Well said Mcorba. I struggle with this also. I have travelled to places where either a) The people have never even heard of Christianity or B) The government will not allow Christianity to exist even if the people wanted to learn about Christ.

I find it somewhat troubling that these people will be damned to etenal hell without ever given a fair chance. Many of these people are very moral and good people like us. Just my 2 cents :)

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Hey .... lets make this very simple .... If you want nothing to do with God .... you will have nothing to do with God.

His Son too.

If you do not want God , you will not have him.

Quit analyzing God and instead find your own position.

Everything hinges on that.. Always has.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
I agree with you Martin about the nasty plans, and the mess that will end up there. Maybe what is being transposed unintentionally is the matter of grace instead of unconditional love.
If that be the case, then I must concur that the grace which leads to faith in Christ without the Law or works will end. It is conditional based upon the completion of the Body of Christ for service, and the end of the calling out.
When the Body is "snatched" away into clouds, the trouble begins with judgments and vials and all sorts of "nasties". But the remedial work of God, and the reconciliation of all things will obtain in the ages to come. It will be without grace, and in law and ordinances, with powerful deeds, exceeding that of the Lord when He was on earth.
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. Or, does it?
fivesense

I am going to agree with you in a round about way. You said "grace which leads to faith in Christ" but I think is more like when you have Jesus Christ , then the grace is in effect. Yet I will admit grace from God must play a part influencing us to come to Jesus in the first place. Told you I was going in circles.

I do strongly agree that the "era" of grace will come to an end some day and wrath comes forth from the Lamb. I hope not to be here.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
I am going to agree with you in a round about way. You said "grace which leads to faith in Christ" but I think is more like when you have Jesus Christ , then the grace is in effect. Yet I will admit grace from God must play a part influencing us to come to Jesus in the first place. Told you I was going in circles.

I do strongly agree that the "era" of grace will come to an end some day and wrath comes forth from the Lamb. I hope not to be here.

Martin, you are such a fine fellow. Your humility and grace comforts me, and your approval is highly regarded. I love your fellowship.

Grace is a power of God. It is the polar opposite of His condemnation to death. Just as death is the inevitable result of God's judgment unto condemnation, so grace leads to belief and faith in Christ. Without bestowing grace, opening the eyes and heart, to receive the things of God, belief is not possible. Grace preceeds everything else. It is an operation of God that allows us to come into a relationship with Him, in our case through His Son. It is then a portion of faith is allotted to each accordingly for perform the works that He laid out beforehand, not our own works, for His Son to achieve in and through us.
As I have stated in the past, the thing that detains the Lawless one is the issuance of this power of grace in the earth at this time, and when we are snatched out, and the channel of grace is removed, then the Day of the Lord will be ushered in. They cannot occur simultaneously and confirm God as being just. The Son of Mankind is coming soon and it will be swiftly.

fivesense