If you claim to be a Christian, then behave that way

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
I will have absolutely no mercy on those who use this title for themselves but do not do their Christian duty in the way they handle things. You should be afraid that you hide behind the message and language of God while going about condemning others and cursing them, mocking and reviling them, the chosen of God. You should not disrespect other people if you are going to use this title, and at the same time there is room for improvement and room to grow. And on the other hand, you have people who lack conscious awareness of the evil they propagate.

If God is for me then why are you against me? And indeed, if God has chosen me then who are you to deny me? Because of some disagreement on the Trinity, or the bread and the wine, or views of eschatological significance? You will reject me on that basis though God has accepted me?

Let me make clear, I am in no position to reject anyone that God has chosen. And if I do reject you for a time because I see that you are violating the covenant, but later you restore the covenant you made between yourself and God, then I must turn from that moment and accept you again.

But when you live in violation of this covenant, let's say that there is greater mercy for the most wicked Satanist falling to his knees and repenting over his evil than there is for that Christian who behaves as a Satanist, believing he is acting with impunity.

You should be ashamed for condemning someone for having a different understanding of doctrine than you do. If you do this, you will inevitably reject those who God has chosen and you will even reject His messengers. If you had all the answers that would not be the case, but since it is obvious that you do not have all the answers, subsequently will not find that the messengers are in total agreement with you, then, therefore you will reject them.

Also there is no reason to think that the messengers are going to be free from doctrinal error any more than the average person is. You have made an erroneous assumption!

Reactions: meshak

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Arnie Manitoba said:
So you hate us all ...... anything else on your mind ?
Who are you talking to?

If it is to me, you are putting the word into my mouth again.

If you are aginst the OP what is that you are aginst?

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
meshak said:
Who are you talking to?

If it is to me, you are putting the word into my mouth again.

If you are aginst the OP what is that you are aginst?
He doesn't like the part about where I say that Jesus is not God so he has taken it upon himself to follow me around here and accuse me of being a Jehovah's Witness, eating unhealthily, and spreading malicious lies and rumors about me and others because he is insecure with himself in his old age.

In fact, I have never even heard this man (if we should call him that) say if he had a wife or not.

Maybe Arnie you could go into one of the many gay bashing threads and share what your personal beliefs are on that issue. If you need a shoulder to cry on or someone to confide in I'm sure you can find someone on that thread.

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
Arnie, you're a Calvinist. There's nothing biblical about that, ergo, you're also a hypocrite with no respect for anybody.

Get over yourself Arnie. You're not important to me or anyone else here and you're only marginalizing yourself with your disrespectful words. Your nothing but an old man who could succumb to a massive stroke or heart attack at any time and then what will become of you Arnie? Do you think any of us are going to care that you just ran off and left us or wonder what might have happened?

Or more likely that we'll sit back and say, Sure glad that guy is gone, without even knowing why you left? The world doesn't have time for your kind Arnie and you need to start waking up and fast, because all these attacks you're making against people, calling us suckers and heretics and unbiblical, you're only doing to yourself.

You are the sucker, you are the Calvinistic heretic, and your salvation is at stake here Arnie, not ours, so you need to slow down, take some notes, and wise up or you're going to be gone soon and you will be no more brought into remembrance.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Arnie Manitoba said:
Both of you are non-biblical
You dont know how we are being unbiblical, you just claim we are unbiblical. May I ask how old you are?

Never mind about your age, I just looked up your profile.

You ought to start read the Gospel instead of being loyal to your denomination. Jesus is His followers' Lord, not your organization.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A true Christian is merciful ...even to other Christians who are not being merciful. Otherwise we are only respecting those who respect us. It is God who judges...not self appointed men who seek to judge. Judge not lest you be judged.

Reactions: williemac and IanLC

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
When we truly accept Christ Jesus we give up our life (we die with Him) and take up His life (resurrected in the Holy Spirit). Thus we do not live by the old man for he is dead but by the new man which is being renewed and growed daily by Christ Jesus. Our words, actions, disposition, lifestyle, and whole being should change. Thus we love our neighbors (the ones we like and dislike) and our enemies as Christ Jesus has loved us. If we can still speak harsh words and violence and hatred to our brethern in Christ and the people of the world then we have not completely died with Christ and some of our old nature is still alive. We must die to sin, crucify the flesh, deny self, take up our cross and be resurrected in the Spirit.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
IAmAWitness

Do you want my opinion on where you go wrong ???

You spend way too much time examining everybody else and no time examining yourself

The Christian model is the Holy Spirit living inside us Christians and examines ourselves on a constant basis .... it fights against our sinful nature ..... sometimes it is not much fun when we see our own shortcomings .... not much fun at all

In order to avoid examining yourself Mr. Witness .... you spend most of your time examining everybody else ... and the more you can find wrong with other Christians .... the better you feel about yourself.

That is exactly what is happening in your life Mr Witness or whatever your fake name is .

Start examining yourself and you will be very busy trying to fix up your own issues .... The Lord will help you sometimes .... and once you achieve your perceived perfection ..... then you can come back and lecture your fellow Christians

Remember I am assuming you are a Christian with the Holy Spirit inside you .... Also known as Jesus in your heart .... two components of the trinity in one .... yes they are

IAmAWitness said:
I will have absolutely no mercy on those who use this title for themselves but do not do their Christian duty in the way they handle things. You should be afraid that you hide behind the message and language of God while going about condemning others and cursing them, mocking and reviling them, the chosen of God. You should not disrespect other people if you are going to use this title, and at the same time there is room for improvement and room to grow. And on the other hand, you have people who lack conscious awareness of the evil they propagate.

If God is for me then why are you against me? And indeed, if God has chosen me then who are you to deny me? Because of some disagreement on the Trinity, or the bread and the wine, or views of eschatological significance? You will reject me on that basis though God has accepted me?

Let me make clear, I am in no position to reject anyone that God has chosen. And if I do reject you for a time because I see that you are violating the covenant, but later you restore the covenant you made between yourself and God, then I must turn from that moment and accept you again.

But when you live in violation of this covenant, let's say that there is greater mercy for the most wicked Satanist falling to his knees and repenting over his evil than there is for that Christian who behaves as a Satanist, believing he is acting with impunity.

You should be ashamed for condemning someone for having a different understanding of doctrine than you do. If you do this, you will inevitably reject those who God has chosen and you will even reject His messengers. If you had all the answers that would not be the case, but since it is obvious that you do not have all the answers, subsequently will not find that the messengers are in total agreement with you, then, therefore you will reject them.

Also there is no reason to think that the messengers are going to be free from doctrinal error any more than the average person is. You have made an erroneous assumption!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how sad that the first sentence of the OP is the least Christian statement I've read in a long time