If you had a chance to go anywhere in the world. Where would it be?

  • Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

    You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Well-Known Member
Jun 20, 2011
9,763
3,648
113
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Gender
Male
To the loving embracing arms of my friend, lover and wife, wherever we are living throughout the world.
 

Ronald David Bruno

Well-Known Member
Nov 7, 2020
5,385
2,648
113
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
Interesting. I always thought San Antonio Texas would be a nice city. Maybe it's because of the River Walk and The Alamo.
Yes, but SA is 64% Hispanic. Love Mexican food, but don't speak the language. Dallas, Austin more appealing - love those cities. I live in between them.
 

Debp

Mod - Encounter Team
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jul 5, 2020
14,398
17,205
113
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Female
Yes, but SA is 64% Hispanic. Love Mexican food, but don't speak the language. Dallas, Austin more appealing - love those cities. I live in between them.
I'm used to Hispanics as I live in Los Angeles, not sure of the percentage but we have many. Most of my neighbors in my 75 unit apartment building are Hispanic. Two neighbors that are nice and very helpful to me (I'm a senior citizen) are from Guatemala.
 

Ronald David Bruno

Well-Known Member
Nov 7, 2020
5,385
2,648
113
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
I'm used to Hispanics as I live in Los Angeles, not sure of the percentage but we have many. Most of my neighbors in my 75 unit apartment building are Hispanic. Two neighbors that are nice and very helpful to me (I'm a senior citizen) are from Guatemala.
I lived in Torrance for 35 years, I know. LA county is a melting pot of 140 ethnic groups - about 48% Hispanic, 25% White, 10% black, 15% Asian. Depending on the area you live the numbers fluctuate drastically. South Bay and along the coastal cities, and Orange County (more expensive areas), you have more whites.
I accept ethnic culture, like their food but would not live in East LA or Compton. Koreatown, Chinatown, Fairfax District are cool, but wouldn 't live there. Wouldn't live in West Hollywood either, the gay capital.
I just feel more comfortable with a culture I grew up with, lifestyle, etc.
I would have been very comfortable retiring in Oramge
County - just could not afford it. Remember I mentioned affordable living as a main factor in my choice to move to Texas? I bought a brand new 3brm brick house for $150k ten years ago. That house in Torrance would have cost $800k. Life is good and easy in Texas. Gas is $2 cheaper here too. We tried to influence the rest of the family to get out of California, six of them listened and are happily settled, the rest stayed and frankly struggle financially.
 

TitusTwoWife

Encounter Team
Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 26, 2026
714
945
93
31
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Female
Things Id want to see in London:

Trafalgar Square
Kensington Palace/ Gardens
Buckingham Palace
Oxford
Pub where Lewis, Tolkien and Pullman met at
Harold Square (not sure if that's right)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pathfinder789