If you had to choose

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I saw this topic on another forum had some interesting answers so thought I would post it for you all to answer If you were stuck on a desert Isle and could only have one book out of the Bible with you to read and study which book would you choose?And why

ActionJackson

Oct 31, 2008
(Christina;62539)
I saw this topic on another forum had some interesting answers so thought I would post it for you all to answer If you were stuck on a desert Isle and could only have one book out of the Bible with you to read and study which book would you choose?And why
It's a toss up between Matthew, John, or Revelation but the first thing that came to mind was Revelation. However, after pondering for a couple of seconds, I chose Matthew. It gives a well rounded history of Christ and His walk on earth; His death; and His resurrection. It also deals in endtime prophecy. It also contains many interesting parables. It has the beatitudes as well as the Lord's Prayer.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Is that the book after Revelation and before Genesis Jordan?
smile.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;62546)
Is that the book after Revelation and before Genesis Jordan?
smile.gif

Yes... XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! (Note to self: How did she know I'm having a humour day?)Ok, but on a more serious note, even though I only read 1 chapter of it, Daniel, or maybe Matthew as an alternative.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Christina;62539)
Id take Genesis because its said the Entire Bible is written in Genesis

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;62549)
(Christina;62539)
Id take Genesis because its said the Entire Bible is written in GenesisOh yea, I forgot about that saying, Oh well, finders keepers.

ToolOfHis

Nov 1, 2008
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Christina;62539)
The book of Revelation or Job would be my choice. I say the book of Revelation because it holds the key to the Lords return and gives a blessing to those that read it. The book of Job because of the amount of faith Job shows in all that has happened to him before and after he was tested. Between the two books I would most likely take Job. The book of Job always seems to tell me something new about that man each time I read it. His faith would be a good thing to draw on while stuck on a desert Isle.Tool

Elizabeth

Dec 14, 2013
It would be the first Epistle of St. John. He writes about divine love and charity towards our neighbor; the mysteries of the Trinity and the Incarnation; how we may distinguish the children of God from the children of the devil; he defines Antichrist; he describes the malice and gravity of sin. Finally, he shows how sinners may hope for and obtain pardon and peace.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Wow.....tough question. I'd really want Luke, probably, because its got Jesus' words in it. But I'd also love Ephesians too...and Romans...and 1,2 John.....
Nope, too hard to pick......I think i'd forgo my nice cushy Isle...stick me on a life raft with the whole bible!!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Which ever had the most pages. Might need it to light a fire. I have Christ He is the truth , what else do you need, dont you think He can teach you without the bible or is it christians have no faith in Jesus.

SolaGratia

Dec 24, 2013
Northwest Washington State
I'd take Romans. I believe Martin Luther was right when he said, “This epistle is really the chief part of the New Testament, and is truly the purest gospel. It is worthy not only that every Christian should know it word for word, by heart, but also that he should occupy himself with it every day, as the daily bread of the soul.”

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Christina said:
Revelations. The fact that I am asking for a book out of the bible shows I am already a Christian. Now, all I am interested in is 'when Jesus is coming to fetch me'? I guess Matthew would also do.