If you have ADHD/ADD, what has helped you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Intense and powerful :D Intense in a good way!

Oh, I'm super marriage material now. LOL

I have some flaws and some things I'm going to work on, but you can't also be 100% perfect. There's parts of my life that people might look down on - more so if they're materialistic in nature and not used to poverty or being around a lot of struggle, but so what. I'm not interested in their materialism. I'm probably a little bit tougher. STREETZ!

I'm literally the grandma that can make something out of nothing. I'm not afraid of hard work. I have a lot of love to give. I'm nice. Mom's love me. I've had a lot of years of studying how to be a good wife according to Proverbs 31, and doing my best to live it and live it well, so that I could be a good wife when the time came.

And even though the full view of it is kind of reserved for McDreamy, not really Biblical but a personal choice, I have great full 70's hair. I age well and I am very practical. I have very many practical skills and some of them are useless, but some of them make good things happen out of nothing.

I might be overly modest. Sometimes my daughter calls me grandma and I was teaching my son cartooning and showed him how to draw elderly people and I asked, "What would a grandmother wear?" He said, "The same clothes that you wear." And then he wrote over it "Kesä in 50 years."

And the leather granny boots must be part of it because all of my neighbor's refer to me as "Mama".

Sounds great!
How many instruments do you play?
Creative talents?
And to answer to your question about dating.....dating is not bad, it just was not a custom back in the biblical era.

Reactions: DuckieLady and Tone

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Intense and powerful :D Intense in a good way!

Oh, I'm super marriage material now. LOL

I have some flaws and some things I'm going to work on, but you can't also be 100% perfect. There's parts of my life that people might look down on - more so if they're materialistic in nature and not used to poverty or being around a lot of struggle, but so what. I'm not interested in their materialism. I'm probably a little bit tougher. STREETZ!

I'm literally the grandma that can make something out of nothing. I'm not afraid of hard work. I have a lot of love to give. I'm nice. Mom's love me. I've had a lot of years of studying how to be a good wife according to Proverbs 31, and doing my best to live it and live it well, so that I could be a good wife when the time came.

And even though the full view of it is kind of reserved for McDreamy, not really Biblical but a personal choice, I have great full 70's hair. I age well and I am very practical. I have very many practical skills and some of them are useless, but some of them make good things happen out of nothing.

I might be overly modest. Sometimes my daughter calls me grandma and I was teaching my son cartooning and showed him how to draw elderly people and I asked, "What would a grandmother wear?" He said, "The same clothes that you wear." And then he wrote over it "Kesä in 50 years."

And the leather granny boots must be part of it because all of my neighbor's refer to me as "Mama".

No way...you...flaws?!

McDreamy huh, so you're into the Irish...nice!

I've always been partial to the red hair, green eyed Irish lass meself...

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No way...you...flaws?!

McDreamy huh, so you're into the Irish...nice!

I've always been partial to the red hair, green eyes Irish lass meself...

Yeah! But as for the flaws, if I had a good husband, he'd be supportive and right there along with me guiding me through it and taking the lead like in that song "Lead Me" by Sanctus Real. I like that.

Irish? LOL I don't know if I have a particular type. I just expect to be led to it.

Sounds great!
How many instruments do you play?
Creative talents?
And to answer to your question about dating.....dating is not bad, it just was not a custom back in the biblical era.

Two! 10-string lyre and fingerstyle on acoustic guitar, but haven't played guitar in a long time. I'll pick it up again someday. I sew, crochet, and that's about it. At least for right now, but that's because they both serve a purpose. They make yarn and fabric turn into things that I don't want to pay for.

Reactions: Tone

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah! But as for the flaws, if I had a good husband, he'd be supportive and right there along with me guiding me through it and taking the lead like in that song "Lead Me" by Sanctus Real. I like that.

Irish? LOL I don't know if I have a particular type. I just expect to be led to it.

Hmmm, I had to look up the song...a good one.

That's an awesome place to be...positioned to be under an abiding man of Yah...abiding in him as he abides in the Vine, that you bring forth much fruit!

You do know that your name also means "fallow" right...ready to receive the seed in order to bear much fruit...?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm, I had to look up the song...a good one.

That's an awesome place to be...positioned to be under an abiding man of Yah...abiding in him as he abides in the Vine, that you bring forth much fruit!

You do know that your name also means "fallow" right...ready to receive the seed in order to bear much fruit...?
Yes, it is!

Does it really ... Haha! Is that with the umlaut? ...well... :rolleyes: I wouldn't mind another boy

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is!

Does it really ... Haha! Is that with the umlaut? ...well... :rolleyes: I wouldn't mind another boy

Yeah and in Finnish:

kesä

1. summer (season)
    Synonym: suvi
    Antonym: talvi
  2. (archaic) fallow
    Synonym: kesanto

Ha ha, when I say "bear fruit" I'm not speaking of children necessarily...Im more expanding on how you want to have support with working on each other's flaws and continue to be a light to those around you, and about Kingdom Business.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Two! 10-string lyre and fingerstyle on acoustic guitar, but haven't played guitar in a long time. I'll pick it up again someday. I sew, crochet, and that's about it. At least for right now, but that's because they both serve a purpose. They make yarn and fabric turn into things that I don't want to pay for.

I am afraid the musical talent pasted me by. By dad pretty much played anything with strings.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seed is the Word and the washing thereof...!
OH... I WAY misunderstood. I was wondering why you would say something so awkward!o_O And then I was like "Maybe he has ADHD, too" :D:D

MY BAD... I'll catch up with everything soon, getting some work done and running around being mom

Reactions: Tone

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH... I WAY misunderstood. I was wondering why you would say something so awkward!o_O And then I was like "Maybe he has ADHD, too" :D:D

MY BAD... I'll catch up with everything soon, getting some work done and running around being mom

Ha ha, "awkward"...yeah I get misunderstood a lot...comes with having a poetic mind...

What I meant to say is that it is a good quality for a woman to be open to the guidance of a man... especially on a spiritual level, which would include Biblical doctrine. Of course, im speaking in the context of marriage...since we were on that subject. But yeah, physical children are very much a consideration.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha ha, "awkward"...yeah I get misunderstood a lot...comes with having a poetic mind...

What I meant to say is that it is a good quality for a woman to be open to the guidance of a man... especially on a spiritual level, which would include Biblical doctrine. Of course, im speaking in the context of marriage...since we were on that subject. But yeah, physical children are very much a consideration.
Yes! That's what I need. I think there's a lot of comfort in that. At least I think there should be a lot of comfort in that. I'm pretty sure there might be! I need to feel extra safe.

I think I would like one more in the future, but I probably won't. After 35 it would be a high risk for complications and I have fertility issues. I'm not really in a rush for anything anyway.

Plus, I want to enjoy time alone with a person first for a little while without jumping into more responsibilities so I have like one year left! If anything happens like that, it's God's doing and not mine.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK I'm really flighty and inconsistent. Like 99.92384% sure I have ADHD and so were all of my teachers.

I'm trying to get organized though and keep it together. The only thing that has worked for me so far is writing down my to do list on an index card and setting a timer. And Ashwagandha was the BEST, but I can't afford it.

I decided it's time to get this handled, so I'm getting a smartphone again because moving back and forth from computer to flip phone is hard and I get busy, I'm allowing coffee back into my life. But I'm not good with organization apps or alarms because I just swipe them and ignore all of my alerts after the first day. I make dozens of weekly and daily plans and then I ignore all of those, too.

The thought of consistently following a daily schedule is ... not possible in my perspective. I'm not good with time blocking, either.

I'm looking at bullet journaling and Marie Kondo because people on the internet said it would help, but I'm not going to sit down and thank my place and talk to my clothes because they are inanimate objects... That doesn't do anything.

I’m praying for you.

One thing to do is pray and thank God daily that He promises to give us a sound mind in 2 Timothy 1:7, and claim that promise.

Example: Father God, thank you for promising to give me a sound mind in 2nd Timothy 1:7, so I don’t have to.put up with symptoms of ADHD. I claim that wonderful promise, in Jesus’ name, amen.

Blessings.

PS also make sure you’ve been born again and saved by praying to Jesus to come into your heart, forgive your sins, save your soul, and make you a new creation.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK I'm really flighty and inconsistent. Like 99.92384% sure I have ADHD and so were all of my teachers.

I'm trying to get organized though and keep it together. The only thing that has worked for me so far is writing down my to do list on an index card and setting a timer. And Ashwagandha was the BEST, but I can't afford it.

I decided it's time to get this handled, so I'm getting a smartphone again because moving back and forth from computer to flip phone is hard and I get busy, I'm allowing coffee back into my life. But I'm not good with organization apps or alarms because I just swipe them and ignore all of my alerts after the first day. I make dozens of weekly and daily plans and then I ignore all of those, too.

The thought of consistently following a daily schedule is ... not possible in my perspective. I'm not good with time blocking, either.

I'm looking at bullet journaling and Marie Kondo because people on the internet said it would help, but I'm not going to sit down and thank my place and talk to my clothes because they are inanimate objects... That doesn't do anything.
I just had dinner with two people who have ADD and they are about 25 years old. Both have college degrees, boyfriend and girlfriend and both take Adderall. They describe there state without It, the time it always took to study for exams and organize. Now things are so manageable. It is a prescription drug though that I guess you would have to take for the rest of your life - I don't know. ?

What I would try personally is the natural route. IF this is caused by thimerosal, a preservative in vaccines (which has also been the target cause for Autism), then the mercury in it has caused a blockage or permanent brain damage. But maybe not? I heard people having success with detoxing.
I would try to remove the toxic metal with Bentonite Clay baths or tablets. This absorbs toxic heavy metals in your body.
Try it. Use distilled water in a full body bath or a foot bath a couple times. You may see results the first useage. You may have to replace some essential minerals with supplements because it grabs them too. It works like a magnet drawing these toxins out and eliminating them. May feel slightly drained too.
Who knows, you may all of a sudden be crystal clear and start functioning like never before?
We should all do this anyways because we consume aluminum, arsonic, lead, mercury and other toxins. We drink and eat foods from aluminum cans that bleed out into our foods AND toxins are added to our foods. Toxins sometimes pass through us and sometimes they accumulate in our systems..Detox!

If that doesn't work - the first drug will. Of course you must see a doctor for that and to be diagnosed.

Last edited: