I'll bet you didn't know......

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...... that "Antichrist” appears only four times in all of Scripture: 1 John 2:18, 22; 4:3; and 2 John 7.

And that the Millennium is only mentioned a few times in one single chapter of one single book in the whole Bible.

Reactions: Helen

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...... that "Antichrist” appears only four times in all of Scripture: 1 John 2:18, 22; 4:3; and 2 John 7.

And that the Millennium is only mentioned a few times in one single chapter of one single book in the whole Bible.
As far as a future Literal 1000 year millennium on this earth, no such thing in the holy bible.

When Jesus returns, it will be in fire and "Final Judgment", dissolvong this earth by his fire, 2 Peter 3:10, Malachi 3:2, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8, Luke 17:29-30, Nahum 1:5

Revelation 20:1-6 is 100% in the Lords spiritual realm, with spiritual beings, there is no physical earthly kingdom seen or represented whatsoever.

Angel, Heaven, Devil, Satan, The Souls, The Dead, God, Christ, 100% spiritual world, no literal earthly kingdom is seen.

Revelation 20 KJV
20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Reactions: Willie T

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And your point?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people act like they both are the most mentioned subjects in the Bible...... when both are hardly brought up at all.

Well, though the exact wording is not used, the millennium and the anti-Christ are the subjects in many places throughout Scripture. In other words with the verses you gave you don't understand all there is concerning the anti-christ or the system of anti-christ.

Would not Genesis 3:15 also pertain to anti-christ?

Stranger

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Actually, yes! Which is why I get a little baffled when people climb the walls about their Millennial views. Oh...I know they say there are a heap in the OT that refer to the same time period, but I tend to believe that a strong case can be made that those references are actually referring to "The Age to Come"...things that are all eternal. In which case, yeah, people are building the notion on Rev 20 alone. That doesn't make it untrue, not at all, but it does put it solidly in the category of letting more obvious scriptures, or more talked about scriptures, guide us. And it should mean that we show a little more...grace...in the subject...!
And as for the AC...well. I don't deny that the Bible clearly points out there will be one. It seems clear. But the speculation and "pin the tale on the Antichrist" that goes on is really unfounded, I think, due, also, to the simple lack of biblical info you could pile up.