Illegal Immigration

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Recently, it seems as though Hillary Clinton wants to make this a religious issue. She related illegal immigration to the story of the Good Samaritan. I'm not quite convinced that was what the story was getting at here. I'm not here to question anyone's Christianity, either.However, it got me thinking. What does the Bible say about immigration?Here are some verses that I came across:Deuteronomy 19:14"Thou shalt not remove thy neighbour's landmark, which they of old time have set in thine inheritance, which thou shalt inherit in the land that the LORD thy God giveth thee to possess it."Deuteronomy 27:17"Cursed be he that removeth his neighbour's landmark."Landmark, of course, reffering to land, property, etc. The Lord himself has given us America and given us the land that we live on.Acts 20:26"And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;"There are, of course, verses that discuss taking care of "strangers" but at the same time there are verses such as the above and others that instruct us to protect ourselves. Leaving our borders open to anyone and everyone is dangerous. There is no problem with people who want to come legally[/b].

Jesse

Apr 2, 2006
If the Hispanics want to come to our country and live out the American dream, awesome! That's really cool. ButAll we ask is that they come here legally, and when they come here illegaly they don't ask for special rights, and that they don't act all patriotic and hold pro-mexico marches and all that crap when they are in our country.I'll step off my soap box now

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly. I don't have a problem with them coming legally. In fact, once we figure out how we should properly administrate our border, I think we should then look at staffing and such to make sure that we can allow legal immigrants as much as possible. IMHO that's the Christian thing to do.The Bible acknowledges the rules of men as well as taking care of those around you.

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
So true. I think the recent legislation that is being proposed to make it a felony to be a "coyote" is the wrong approach. Let's overload an already overloaded justice system with more felony cases. It's not going to work and, I think, tax the system even more. I am a law enforcement officer, and I see the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency being spread so thin that they only have one side. We are always letting busloads of illegal immigrants go on their merry way because all of ICE's holding facilities are full.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I agree with all of you there is no since doing anything till you first controll the border then you deal with the illeagles,I think if they have chidren that were born here that are citizens they should get amnesty we cant send parents away from their chidren or if they have been working at the same job for 3years or more they should be able to stay they shouldn't have to give up any seniorty they have earned.Then we need to form a new department to issue tempory worker & student visa's thats separate from the permante immagration dept.with strong fines on employers that dont follow the laws.Or we could make our politians pass a common sence test before their allowed to run for office

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
(kriss)
Or we could make our politians pass a common sence test before their allowed to run for office
lol!Who would run the country?

graceforums

Apr 26, 2006
Amen... I think, first and foremost, this is a national security issue. We need to protect our borders.Shalom,

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, anyone listen to the Bush speech the other night? I'm somewhat placated that the National Guard is going down there. Obviously we need a lot more but it looks like we're finally moving towards getting some things done.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I also heard today that the house passed a bill making English the offical language of the U.S. I'm not sure weather this will help or hurt but I guess some steps are better than no steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.