I'm a Christian and I support the legality of same-sex marriage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You may disagree with me but I'll defend your right to disagree with me. Shalom.
We need to remember that the enemy is our enemy. All of us, to some extent, have been victims of this enemy. Some more than others. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12 KJV Shalom.

Reactions: Nancy

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole homosexual....trans-sexual thing that they have tried to shove down our throat for years is more of a culture attack. Where should or kids go to the rest room?

In the Navy I had weightlifter friend that was showering. In the military the showers are open and they have shower poles. A nude officer came up to him and asked him for a date. I was told that my friend hit him so hard his feet left the ground.

A lot to that story, but when we were standing in front of the Captain, I told him that this event was an assault. If we are going to allow this I should be allowed to walk into the women's shower naked and ask them out.

They wait in bathrooms for children to come in.

Two homosexuals going into a church to get married is needless to say, sacrilegious. Why do they insist on taking a dump on the church and Christian beliefs. There is no reason for it. There is no reason to call it a marriage.

Domestic partners can be made legal. Next it will be K-9 partners.
Same sex marriages is an attack on our culture and our religion. There is enough of that going on now.
So no, same sex marriages should not be legal.

Last edited:
Reactions: historyb and kcnalp

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I admire your willingness to take a stand in the face of what most assuredly will be opposition at a site like this. But about the above, just because two people are consenting does not make something moral in the eyes of God, or even man for that matter. An adult male and a 10 year old girl can both be 100% consenting, but it still be illegal, not to mention other forms of sexual behavior that would be labeled as sinful in the eyes of God, including among other things adultery.

The standard, you see, has to be God's word, not anyone's attempts at gauging morality outside of it.

So your approach would need to be based on the word itself to have any merit to it. Is that something you wish to discuss? I'm assuming so or you wouldn't have started a thread on it. What do you do with the scriptures on the issue of homosexuality?

I believe that we should live a life that is pleasing to God. At the same time, I believe that we should permit others the freedom to live their lives as they see fit. God gave you free will, so who are you to not extend free will to others? Did Jesus command us to create laws that criminalize immoral behavior? Jesus told Mary Magdalene to "sin no more" rather than follow through with the punishment for such behavior under the current law, which was death by stoning.

Reactions: Nancy

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a governments job to recognize God's supremacy, and to protect their citizens from all forms of threats, physical and mental.

I disagree. I believe it's government's job to stay out of our personal lives.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We may have to agree to disagree. I take it that, it's your view that, the U.S. should govern based on the Christian bible, correct?

Do you support making all immoral behavior illegal or just same-sex marriage?
That's complicated. Yes, hypothetically, all governments should recognize God's supremacy, and thus, His will. ...it will never, ever happen, but I still hold them accountable for not knowing the difference, or even right from wrong.

All immoral behaviour should be denounced and prohibited where possible. The majority, if not all sins, are identifiable to all creatures created in God's image, who are familiar with the Bible or not, ...just ask any atheist (they will swear that they are good people without God).
Thus, morality is incumbent upon all authorities to implement as a rule, for the protection of their subjects.
Therefore, they have no excuse to permit lascivious and hedonistic behaviour (would they let their daughters engage?).

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well yeah, but it's all the Word of Jesus / God.

It's interesting that, in the 4 gospels, Jesus NEVER mentioned homosexuality. By the same token, perhaps there are other "immoral" behaviors that Jesus did not discuss.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I disagree. I believe it's government's job to stay out of our personal lives.
The creed of a policeman is to serve and protect. What else are governments there for?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Bible tells us how to live.

I guess you should take it up with Jesus. He's the One who said "Homosexuals will not inherit the Kingdom of God".
I know a guy who long ago wrote a song where he said that sometimes we all give in and judge each other by our sin. I believe we all stand on even ground before God. We bring nothing but our sin. Shalom P.S. My stupid Grammarly is telling me to respell your name scalp. Lol Life is too serious to be too serious about. If you catch my drift. Peace.

Reactions: K9Buck

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's interesting that, in the 4 gospels, Jesus NEVER mentioned homosexuality. By the same token, perhaps there are other "immoral" behaviors that Jesus did not discuss.
You don't have I Cor in your Bible?

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And still the Jesus said gays will burn in Hell.

Saying that someone will not inherit God's kingdom doesn't necessarily translate that they will burn in Hell, at least not to me.

Some believe in purgatory, where souls go to become cleansed and purified of their immoralities before they can enter Heaven.

Personally speaking, I avoid making definitive declarations that ANYONE is going to Hell because, obviously, I don't KNOW that. I wouldn't be surprised if Hitler is in Heaven. I'm not saying he is, I'm simply saying that I do NOT know.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
On which Christian denomination should our nation's laws be based?
Incidental. Most denominations do not contend on moral issues, strictly doctrinal (soteriology, ecclesiology, eschatology, christology, ...)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know a guy who long ago wrote a song where he said that sometimes we all give in and judge each other by our sin. I believe we all stand on even ground before God. We bring nothing but our sin. Shalom P.S. My stupid Grammarly is telling me to respell your name scalp. Lol Life is too serious to be too serious about. If you catch my drift. Peace.
Are we not allowed to quote Scripture?

Reactions: Truman

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's complicated. Yes, hypothetically, all governments should recognize God's supremacy...

I believe that God gave us free will so that we can FREELY go to him. I AGREE that every person and every government should strive to follow God's laws. I simply DISAGREE that we should forbid non-believers from being able to exercise their own FREE WILL to reject Christian theology.

Should we lock up homosexuals so that they can't engage in homosexual sexual activity?

Should we lock up teenagers who have pre-marital sex?

Should we lock up fat people for being gluttons?

It's a slippery road.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe that both God and Jesus are both just, loving and merciful. I may be wrong, but my guess is that there will be few to ZERO human souls cast into Hell.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Incidental. Most denominations do not contend on moral issues, strictly doctrinal (soteriology, ecclesiology, eschatology, christology, ...)

Based on the first commandment, should we outlaw all non-Christian religions?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe that God gave us free will so that we can FREELY go to him. I AGREE that every person and every government should strive to follow God's laws. I simply DISAGREE that we should forbid non-believers from being able to exercise their own FREE WILL to reject Christian theology.

Should we lock up homosexuals so that they can't engage in homosexual sexual activity?

Should we lock up teenagers who have pre-marital sex?

Should we lock up fat people for being gluttons?

It's a slippery road.
Not necessarily, but denounced and not encouraged or embraced (gay pride, tv shows), absolutely.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I support freedom and personal choice. I do not want to live under a theocracy. Therefore, religious doctrine should NOT be used to regulate another's behavior, such as same-sex relations or marriage. I DO support laws that protect being victimized by another. For example, murder, assault, abortion, etc. should be ILLEGAL because they adversely affect an innocent, third-party. Same-sex marriage does not.

Frankly, the government should NOT be in the marriage "business". Why should citizens have to pay a fee to the government to get a marriage license? State governments should get OUT. Then, two consenting, competent adults can get "married" within their private organization and they can tell us everyone they're "married" and we can choose to recognize it or ignore it. Courts can continue to deal with marital issues as they are the arbitrator for all sorts of contracts, including marriage.

As well, I will remind my Christian friends that, God gave us free will to make our own choices. Who are we to restrict another's free will by imposing laws against behavior that doesn't affect us in the slightest? While we're at it, I also believe that prostitution, drug use and gambling should also be legal.
Does this mean you’ll be voting for Biden?