im bored

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well they have been really nice to me and were real good with my kids.

that's where i am thinking about at some point cause i saw cheap houses... really cheap!

but tornados
Bus drivers can be really nice people. I've met a few. And that is great that they're treating you well. It can be a fun trip for the kids :)

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We used to visit family in Utah, lots of memories. But the memory that sticks out in my mind is seeing twin perfectly formed tornados. It was like God created them and it was terrifying. But they were a ways off and we were safe.
My grandparents survived the bad Topeka tornado back in ‘66. (You can Google it.) We drove out there to help with the clean up. My lasting memory was of a house that had the front torn off like a doll house, and the tornado had deposited a car in the second floor bedroom.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise the Lord above that your child is an extrovert.

Extrovert or usually leaders....not followers. One of the dangers today is children that are followers because they can be lead down the wrong path.

Extroverts usually have confidence.....that and hard work spells success.

God bless Ducky
That can be true, but not always. I have always been more "introvert" ...deep thinker, and strong willed. I didn't follow the crowd and still don't. Sometimes extroverts are people pleasers. It can work both ways. So tbh, I don't think it's extrovert/introvert that makes a difference, but personal integrity.

Just my thoughts....

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My grandparents survived the bad Topeka tornado back in ‘66. (You can Google it.) We drove out there to help with the clean up. My lasting memory was of a house that had the front torn off like a doll house, and the tornado had deposited a car in the second floor bedroom.
Terrifying. Glad your grandparents survived. I live in the pacific northwest and am glad. I check out the weather channel to see what's going on in the US and I see it all the time. I don't know how people east of the mountains get thru. God is good though and provides for his people.

I googled it and they have a documentary on YouTube about the '66 outbreak of tornados.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember tornadoes going through the Houston, Texas area when I was 3. It was during a hurricane, I believe. My mother and grandmother took me into a closet in the middle of the house. I asked my mother why we were in the closet. She said the storm had an eye and we were waiting for it to pass. In my child mind, I though... "Oh, I guess we're hiding in the closet so the storm won't see us." Lol

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They used to talk about “Tornado Alley”, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, but these days it seems the Deep South has more of them. Look at T’s Tornado thread.
I'm about to post an updated weather video on the severe weather system moving yet again through the same areas....

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Find a senior citizen and ask them to tell you their life story. You won't be bored for long. Besides which, you will make their day!

I did that in Arizona when I first moved there. My next door neighbors were 30 years older than me, and I found myself spending hours over there every day!
Great idea! I have some neighbors across from me who are about 25 yrs older than me. I sometimes go visit and will end up sitting on their couch for two hours talking. lol
A major plus...they love Jesus.❤️

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well they have been really nice to me and were real good with my kids.

that's where i am thinking about at some point cause i saw cheap houses... really cheap!

but tornados
Maybe go one state over to Missouri... still tornadoes, but certain areas are not as prone. Housing is cheap and laws are more conservative leaning.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe go one state over to Missouri... still tornadoes, but certain areas are not as prone. Housing is cheap and laws are more conservative leaning.
My parents loved Branson, Missouri. Their square dance group would attend some big square dance festival that gets held there every year. Mom made her own dresses and everything.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Find a senior citizen and ask them to tell you their life story. You won't be bored for long. Besides which, you will make their day!

I did that in Arizona when I first moved there. My next door neighbors were 30 years older than me, and I found myself spending hours over there every day!
my son has temporarily adopted a grandmother on here.. he has been helping her with little things but i am hoping she isn't annoyed.

meanwhile

my son has been telling everyone everything too personal and also asking if they read the Bible, which seems to catch people off guard often

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My parents loved Branson, Missouri. Their square dance group would attend some big square dance festival that gets held there every year. Mom made her own dresses and everything.
Branson is quite the interesting place. That's for sure! :)

Reactions: Lambano

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello Fluffy,

Our fears of what other people think, drives our actions more than we would admit too.

It limits our ability to talk with others because we do not want to offend them if we mention any "God Talk."

I find the best opening line if we want to talk to people about God is to ask people this question, "How is your relationship with the God that you are presently worshipping right at this very moment?" It is an open question that allows them to respond without actually asking them, "ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN?" That may be offensive, but when we allow them to chose any god that they worship in their response allows the ice to be broken and a conversation to be started with them. The question also allow them to ask you about your relationship with the God that you do worship and gives you the opportunity to talk about our relationship with Jesus/God.

Oh well, sounds like your son is not as reserved as you are.

Shalom

Reactions: DuckieLady

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That can be true, but not always. I have always been more "introvert" ...deep thinker, and strong willed. I didn't follow the crowd and still don't. Sometimes extroverts are people pleasers. It can work both ways. So tbh, I don't think it's extrovert/introvert that makes a difference, but personal integrity.

Just my thoughts....

That is why I used the word usually. Not a policy or a rule....just on the average.
For example; your average psychiatric patient is an introvert. Again, not a policy or a rule....just on the average.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
my son has temporarily adopted a grandmother on here.. he has been helping her with little things but i am hoping she isn't annoyed.

meanwhile

my son has been telling everyone everything too personal and also asking if they read the Bible, which seems to catch people off guard often
@FluffyYellowDuck Well, it's great that you have that activity of Bible reading in your household... :)

Reactions: BarneyFife