I'm concerned that Trump is illuminati

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
George MacDonald lived in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, where I lived for a year.

A pioneer in writing fantasy who as a minister leaned toward universal salvation.

Not to mention the heavy Gaelic influence of that area.

I would hardly turn to him for Biblical understanding.

I like MacDonald - he has a lot of insight - he is not a theologian

B

brakelite

Not sure what the"yes" refers to but my wife would fall over in hysterics if she heard someone accusing of being mysogenistic. She is a direct descendant of a long line of warrior chiefs whose culture raised warrior women. Lol. Any male thinking in that society that even hinted at male superiority is very quickly given a course in mind management.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what the"yes" refers to but my wife would fall over in hysterics if she heard someone accusing of being mysogenistic. She is a direct descendant of a long line of warrior chiefs whose culture raised warrior women. Lol. Any male thinking in that society that even hinted at male superiority is very quickly given a course in mind management.

Referring to women as ”whores” because they do not conform to your belief system is misogynistic, whether you or your warrior wife recognize it or not. Sorry

B

brakelite

Referring to women as ”whores” because they do not conform to your belief system is misogynistic
Nonsense. This is syncretism at its worst. And your sympathy toward this melding of pagan temple prostitution (where they have perverted true sexuality and sold out their Judeo/Christian heritage for fame, notoriety and a tickled ego) and Christianity. Although the Catholic version that allows for voodoo in Haiti and Candomble in Brazil, come a close second.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People do what they want and pick leaders who support their worldview; note the whole golden calf deal. However, calling those women names like ‘whore’ is not helpful - it only reveals the underlying misogyny within the church. Yes, they are extremists who attract extreme followers - just like hardcore patriarchal leaders, who are propping up the status quo. Seems to me, their threat to patriarchy is much more painful for critics than any appearance of attacks on the cross.....
I think you misinterpreted the way he's using the word; he's using "whore" in the manner the bible uses it:

Revelation 17:1
And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters.

Revelation 17:15
And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Revelation 17:16
And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

I know there is some legitimate patriarchy, but you have to be careful that you don't fall for the "feminism" being promoted today:

henrymakow.com - Exposing Feminism and The New World Order

Last edited:
Reactions: Acolyte

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
George MacDonald lived in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, where I lived for a year.

A pioneer in writing fantasy who as a minister leaned toward universal salvation.

Not to mention the heavy Gaelic influence of that area.

I would hardly turn to him for Biblical understanding.
You wouldn't because you're wise enough to steer clear of the teachings of someone like MacDonald and that feminist pastor; someone else may not be. In Washington, about 12 "pastors" "blessed" an abortion clinic. I couldn't believe it. What is this saying to the unbelieving world and young Christians when they are in agreement with evil? It looks like they're "appearing" as angels of light.

Reactions: Acolyte

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Referring to women as ”whores” because they do not conform to your belief system is misogynistic, whether you or your warrior wife recognize it or not. Sorry
The bible uses the word "whore" in the sense of going after "other gods" what that woman pastor is doing:

Rev. 18:8

Exodus 34:15 Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice; 16 And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte