I'm Hungry Right Now, What are you munching On?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think they finally had to pass some laws to get them to ALWAYS use the actual food product instead of what looked best in the photo.
As a consumer, I remember being at a Dairy Queen to order a treat.
They had a poster on the wall for their Brownie Delight. I said, "Ooo, I want that."
When my order came I looked at the "food" and then looked at the poster and said,
"Sure doesn't look like the poster!" I didn't make a fuss. What do you want for $3.oo?
Couldn't really blame the kid behind the counter. He did what he was supposed to.

/ @BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Worked a 28 hour day including outdoor shots in January in Central Wisconsin.

Sounds like a state of emergency.

40 years ago, I spent 27 hours straight making a part for the landing gear of a C-5A Galaxy at Altus AFB, OK. OMS brought the damaged part in, asking if we could make it, otherwise the aircraft would be grounded for up to a week. The Section Chief said no but I said I could do it. There was basically nothing to lose and everything to gain, so to speak, so they let me try.

I didn't even realize it had taken so long until I saw the same coworkers come and go and come in again without me leaving. The work was so involved and challenging that I lost track of time.

I can't believe they trusted me with it. It was originally a forged part that I had to machine cut out of a solid block. The Shop Chief left the afternoon before, after simply asking me if I would be all right alone until I was finished. I don't think they expected it to be usable.

I got a letter of commendation from the Wing Commander which was an unexpected surprise. Some of the other guys (and one gal) actually got mildly jealous over that. Come to think of it, one of our more ambitious fellas got a bit ruffled. I was just having a good time doing my job. And I got a day off—kinda.

Good times. Seems like the sun shined so much brighter back then. It was probably just the desert sky - lol.

What was this thread about, again?

Oh, yeah, I probably had a western omelet at the chow hall on the way back to the barracks. They could really make 'em good there. Good diced hashbrowns, too. I even remember what the grill cook looked like. He could really operate a spatula.

:hearteyes:

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Lambano

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a consumer, I remember being at a Dairy Queen to order a treat.
They had a poster on the wall for their Brownie Delight. I said, "Ooo, I want that."
When my order came I looked at the "food" and then looked at the poster and said,
"Sure doesn't look like the poster!" I didn't make a fuss. What do you want for $3.oo?
Couldn't really blame the kid behind the counter. He did what he was supposed to.

/ @BarneyFife

Burgers have to be the worst.

Have you ever seen "Falling Down?" (link)

• Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
40 years ago, I spent 27 hours straight making a part for the landing gear of a C-5A Galaxy at Altus AFB, OK. OMS brought the damaged part in, asking if we could make it, otherwise the aircraft would be grounded for up to a week. The Section Chief said no but I said I could do it. There was basically nothing to lose and everything to gain, so to speak, so they let me try.

I didn't even realize it had taken so long until I saw the same coworkers come and go and come in again without me leaving. The work was so involved and challenging that I lost track of time.
I know what a landing gear on a plane is, but looked for the specific plane you worked on to see it.

Whoa, that's a BIG landing gear. Did you do one like this eight-wheel example?
Did you spare the gravy on this one?

1711928029506.jpeg

/

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what a landing gear on a plane is, but looked for the specific plane you worked on to see it.

View attachment 43942

/

That looks like the flat-bottomed beast to me. And it was no gravy job, let me tell you. But the part I made was very small—only about 4 inches long at the widest point. Very detailed, though; more of something you'd normally have a tool-and-die maker work on at the time. I actually had to use a milling machine with a rotary head spindle on it (obsolete with the proliferation of CNC machining, which I was doing when I retired).

I've got a funny story about the C-5. I'll have to post that elsewhere.

I just (a couple of hours ago) had some Dunkin Donuts (no gravy) for which I am definitely going to pay far in excess of the purchase price.

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My favorite meal, of course!
...a grass fed burger patty topped with Amish style butter, 2 pasture raised organic eggs (fried in tallow), Monterey style raw milk cheese, and pastured pork thick cut bacon!

I know it looks messy, but it's soooo delicious!
IMG_20240331_120133514.jpgIMG_20240331_120255313.jpg

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been so busy on this forum that I have not had any food yet. I would love to have some eggs benedict for breakfast this bright and sunny morn but that would require going to the supermarket and to be honest, I'm too tired...

What are you eating at the moment...
4-1-24

Good morning, I just had for breakfast, mixed fruit, sausage on bun, water, and coffee.

Love, Walter

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's 7.40 here in the UK and I'm going to have salad and chips/fries for my tea - evening meal.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About to sit down to our delayed Resurrection Sunday meal.

Aside from the normal stuff, the gals make a "Pennsylvania Dutch" delicacy called "potato filling" which is basically just mashed potatoes mixed with stuffing (lots of celery and onion involved) and a few eggs and baked in a casserole.

It really sticks to your ribs. :)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 43942

/

We did do an acute, impromptu (it's normally done periodically at a special facility) replacement of a C-141 main gear axle one time.

I got a good C-141 story, too. :p

And for breakfast I had buckwheat groats smothered with black eyed pea/lentil/spinach chili—not attractive enough to photograph, trust me but, oh, so good for ya and yummy. I've got a chili seasoning recipe I've been working on for a year or two, and it's just about perfect (well, to me). :cool:

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been so busy on this forum that I have not had any food yet. I would love to have some eggs benedict for breakfast this bright and sunny morn but that would require going to the supermarket and to be honest, I'm too tired...

What are you eating at the moment...
Pepperoni

Reactions: Angelina

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My first meal of the day was a late lunch ......a 16oz ribeye!
proxy-image

(This is a photo I pulled off the internet that looks closest to what I ate ....without the green on top. lol)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My second meal of the day was a 6oz grass fed beef burger patty .....a patty made of 80/20 grass fed beef, some ground grass fed beef organ meats, and a pasture raised egg. I topped my burger patty with Amish butter, and grass fed raw milk cheese, and Himalayan salt..... and some filtered water!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Someone just dropped off containers of food to my house. This is for a close relative, who runs a food charity in our district. I won't be eating this as it will be separated and distributed to the local free food stalls and community support groups. It looks delicious and smells divine! :Broadly:BrocolliCauliflower bake.jpgPasta salad.jpg

Potato bake.jpg

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My second meal of the day was a 6oz grass fed beef burger patty .....a patty made of 80/20 grass fed beef, some ground grass fed beef organ meats, and a pasture raised egg. I topped my burger patty with Amish butter, and grass fed raw milk cheese, and Himalayan salt..... and some filtered water!
I worded that wrong. If anyone is scratching their head, I can clarify ....the filtered water was on the side in a container, not as a topping on my burger patty.
:tearsofjoy: