I'm in the great struggle for my life: Jesus said "stop", but the enemy keeps saying 'no! Do it!" (why?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So I know what I am saying is a bit vague - really I just want the Holy Spirit's help - but I can't go into detail without making it worse. The basic problem is that Jesus has said "stop", but the enemy is not listening? I keep getting waves of temptation, strong hormonal urges and I can't see clear of the madness that seems to be growing. The enemy knows if I give in, the Devil will get the upper hand - which in itself is not the worst thing that could happen. The problem is that it is a continual cycle, the Devil asking for more and more of the upper hand (when he does nothing for it!). I won't go on at length, I just need prayer. I just need someone to say "hoping for temptation to end, is a good thing - the Lord will secure it!" You know, help my lesser faith!

Thank (for listening).

• Love
Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So I know what I am saying is a bit vague - really I just want the Holy Spirit's help - but I can't go into detail without making it worse. The basic problem is that Jesus has said "stop", but the enemy is not listening? I keep getting waves of temptation, strong hormonal urges and I can't see clear of the madness that seems to be growing. The enemy knows if I give in, the Devil will get the upper hand - which in itself is not the worst thing that could happen. The problem is that it is a continual cycle, the Devil asking for more and more of the upper hand (when he does nothing for it!). I won't go on at length, I just need prayer. I just need someone to say "hoping for temptation to end, is a good thing - the Lord will secure it!" You know, help my lesser faith!

Thank (for listening).
Heavenly Father, thank you for this man who wants to serve you, and to be free from the sins and temptations that plague him! I pray that your words to him would carry your power into his heart and mind, that he would see your ability to free him, and to strengthen him. I pray that you would encourage his heart to keep up the fight, and to learn how to overcome. I pray that you would put your people around him to help him in this battle. And I pray the same for me, as I also struggle!

In Jesus Name!!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just need someone to say "hoping for temptation to end, is a good thing - the Lord will secure it!" You know, help my lesser faith!
Sometimes the victory takes time, don't I know that!! So yes, hang in there, and Jesus will not stop working in you until He is finished, and you are like Him.

Much love!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All of a sudden it stopped.

I realised greater is the Creation in me, than the Evolution that is in the world.

It came down to resisting the Devil promising I would be "more evolved" if I sinned.

Reactions: Lambano and marks

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

Thank (for listening).
the Devil is not going to Stop because you asked of the Holy spirits help the enemy has a mission john 10:10 its a battel of the mid temptation can be over come. but it take determination . the devil knows your weakness and that is where he attacks . warfare is tough stand your ground and fight it . i could show you scripture on temptation . but you need to look it up and red it your self keep praying keep standing keep resisting

Reactions: Gottservant

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

Thank (for listening).
Just trying to understand what the difference is between “the enemy” and “the devil”….the enemy is the devil…he just uses people and ideas and suggestions to take us off track…who or what he uses, doesn’t matter at the end of the day….his success is what matters.

Jesus had some good advice….regardless of what the problem is, the solution in principle is still the same….
Matthew 5:27-30….
“You heard that it was said: ‘You must not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone who keeps on looking at a woman so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If, now, your right eye is making you stumble, tear it out and throw it away from you. For it is better for you to lose one of your members than for your whole body to be pitched into Ge·henʹna. [eternal punishment] 30 Also, if your right hand is making you stumble, cut it off and throw it away from you. For it is better for you to lose one of your members than for your whole body to land in Ge·henʹna.”

Jesus says to rid yourself of the source of the problem….even if it means suffering pain, it is worth the effort to take control of your life…….we alone are responsible for how we live in this world ruled by satan, (1 John 5:19) and the choices we make are our responsibility too….but we also know that God blesses effort…..if there is no effort, there is nothing to bless. We need to take a stand…..with God’s help we can overcome anything. (Romans 8:31)

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just trying to understand what the difference is between “the enemy” and “the devil”….the enemy is the devil…
Death is the last enemy.
Jesus says to rid yourself of the source of the problem….even if it means suffering pain, it is worth the effort to take control of your life…….we alone are responsible for how we live in this world ruled by satan, (1 John 5:19) and the choices we make are our responsibility too….but we also know that God blesses effort…..if there is no effort, there is nothing to bless. We need to take a stand…..with God’s help we can overcome anything. (Romans 8:31)
I think what I had to do was cut my hormones off?

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Hi there,

Thank (for listening).
Some significant points would want to share with you and others as a whole and one body in Christ Jesus our Lord.

And, to those who are gifted in prayers may do so united in the one body. (Ephesians6:18)

First of all, having disciple according to All Scripture = Holy Bible (2Timothy3:16&17), supposedly we should put on the full amour on us for battle. (Ephesians6:10-17)

For example, how the battle is done with the spiritual enemy, even to the enemy passions and desires of our flesh, and the next human being?

Witness the action of the Lord in the wilderness having, back and forth dialogue refuting the devil, even Scripture for Scripture, only for that moment.

Next, the faithless words of the disciples and the people of Israel, that Jesus had to refute and stand His ground obeying alone the FATHER's word and doing HIS will.

As He said, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by the every word that proceeded out of the mouth of GOD."

Finally, the passions and desires of His own flesh, for the fruits of it are evident. (Galatians5:16-21)

How He also had to bring to obedience every single member of His body not to give in.

When He was also exposed to the corruption and ways of the fleshly world, even to a little He would have been tempted like us. (Hebrews4:14-16)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Death is the last enemy.
I know, but is this the enemy you spoke of? The devil is the cause of that too….though not actually the cause, but the more the catalyst for death to enter our existance….there was only one cause of death in the beginning for Adam and his wife, and that was to disobey the Creator and separate themselves from him. It was the only way for satan to gain their worship…to steal them away from the true God and put himself in His place.

Instead of eliminating the rebels, God chose to make an example of them, to show us where disobedience and abuse of free will leads….this is the world that the devil is in control of….isn’t it obvious? (1 John 5:19; Luke 4:5-8) But God never left the human race without help and guidance….his love was expressed towards all, in that he allowed himself to be found by those genuinely seeking him. Even in a world ruled by the devil, God’s blessings can still be enjoyed and appreciated if we want to obey him in all things.
I think what I had to do was cut my hormones off?
Is it a physical/medical issue?….or a self-control issue? There is a difference…
Both are fixable I believe. The first one needs a human physician, and the second one needs a spiritual one….it is God himself who promises to help us to ‘do his will‘ instead of our own. Those whom Jesus rejects at the judgment will be those who did not “do the will of the Father”. (Matt 7:21-23)

‘Doing the will of the Father’ in a world that is alienated from him in so many ways will lead to opposition and suffering, but that is what being a Christian is all about. Satan will not allow us any peace if he can help it. He will whip up hatred for the disciples just as he did for their Master…..
Jesus warned us well in advance that…..

”If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you. 20 Keep in mind the word I said to you: A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have observed my word, they will also observe yours. 21 But they will do all these things against you on account of my name, because they do not know the One who sent me.“ (John 15:18-21)

If we are not battling something, then satan does not see us as a threat. If satan is like “a hungry lion, seeking to devour someone” and he does not see us as a tasty meal for himself, we need to be worried.