Immaculate Conception.....in the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture does not support the Nestorian heresy that was settled at the Council of Ephesus in 451 AD whose authoritive verdicts are accepted by Protestants, Catholics, and Orthodox., and Romans 8:20 has nothing to do with the New Eve. You are bible twisting and rehashing old heresies that have been resolved over 15 centuries ago. You are stuck in a mindset that refuses to accept the facts of history. It results in doctrinal immaturity, as indicated by the large red font.

Scripture destroys the Nestorian heresy.

1 John 2:22 – “Who is a liar, but he who denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, who denieth the Father, and the Son.”

1 John 4:2-3 – “Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, is of God: And every spirit that dissolveth Jesus is not of God: and this is Antichrist, of whom you have heard that he cometh…”

Pope St. Leo the Great, Dogmatic Letter to Flavian, 449: “Let Nestorius, therefore, be anathematized… he made one person of the flesh, and another of the Godhead, AND DID NOT PERCEIVE THAT THERE WAS BUT ONE CHRIST…”

Pope Vigilius, Second Council of Constantinople, 553: “The holy synod of Ephesus… has pronounced sentence against the heresy of Nestorius… and all those who might later… adopt the same opinions as he held… They express these falsehoods against the true dogmas of the Church, OFFERING WORSHIP TO TWO SONS, trying to divide that which cannot be divided, AND INTRODUCING TO BOTH HEAVEN AND EARTH THE OFFENCE OF THE WORSHIP OF MAN. But the sacred band of heavenly spirits worship along with us only one Lord Jesus Christ.”

Pope Pius XI, Lux Veritatis (# 37), Dec. 25, 1931: “…all these, no less than Nestorius, make a temerarious attempt to ‘DISSOLVE CHRIST,’…”

Was Anti-Pope John Paul II the Antichrist?

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the moment I think I am with Kepha31 on this one @101G

I believe Jesus had to be of Mary's flesh and bone...."to be as Heb 2:17 says
“Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.”

How could he legally redeem us if he has not gone head to head with the Enemy in the wilderness and ...overcome all things...and died in our stead?
If he was 100% God therefore spirit....he was not 'a man'...
He is called the Last Adam... which would not apply to him if indeed he was not man at all! o_O

I must say I am enjoying the posts of yesterday and today...my "comfortable " thinking is being challenged. LOL
All my comfortable neat stuff is being thrown out of it's little religious boxes. :D

In charity, please continue to read and research, please?

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the moment I think I am with Kepha31 on this one @101G

I believe Jesus had to be of Mary's flesh and bone....( and the 'Seed' of Father God) ....to legally be as Heb 2:17 says:-
“Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.”

How could he legally redeem us if he has not gone head to head with the Enemy in the wilderness and ...overcome all things...and died in our stead?
If he was 100% God therefore spirit....he was not 'a man'...
He is called the Last Adam... which would not apply to him if indeed he was not man at all! o_O

I must say I am enjoying the posts of yesterday and today...my "comfortable" thinking is being challenged!! LOL
All my comfortable neat stuff is being thrown out of it's little religious boxes. :D

@ BG, Hebrews 2:17 states MADE LIKE, but not like. I suggest you read up on "Took part" and "Partake" according to the flesh, and it will answer your question. just read the verse above it, listen. Hebrews 2:14 "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil".

so BG, look up "took part" vs "Partaker" and when you see the difference, then you will understand. if you have any questions, just ask.

peace in Christ Yeshua.