Imperfect Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

beforHim

Jun 18, 2007
This might've been presented and discussed before-How can an unsaved person's imperfect faith attain them salvation?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Christ is the only way to salvation. I dont quite get your question of unsaved imperfect faith. If they have faith in Christ they are not unsaved. What do mean imperfect faith?? All fall short. You accept Christ is our savior repent of your sins and you are saved thats it no rituals of men church isnt required Even reading the bible isnt required. Its just if you love God most want to know what he says.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;22409)
Christ is the only way to salvation. I dont quite get your question of unsaved imperfect faith. If they have faith in Christ they are not unsaved. What do mean imperfect faith?? All fall short. You accept Christ is our savior repent of your sins and you are saved thats it no rituals of men church isnt required Even reading the bible isnt required. Its just if you love God most want to know what he says.
What if a person were living in an area of the world where Christ had not been preached? What if he had never heard of Jesus - but he knew, looking at the Creation that there had to be a Creator, and he obeyed the laws of God written on his heart (do not murder for example) - where do you believe he'd spend eternity?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Then these are given a second chance to be taught in the millieum and then Satan is loosed again for a short time to test them same as us God is always fair

alaskadrifter

Jun 23, 2007
(kriss;22418)
Then these are given a second chance to be taught in the millieum and then Satan is loosed again for a short time to test them same as us God is always fair
Im curious where that is in scripture.

servant_of_the_end

Jul 15, 2006
What about those who never heard the name of Yeshua before his time? For instance Abraham, Moses and the prophets and those who believed in Him from their words before his earthly manifestation.I understand what beforHim is saying or suggesting.
Brother Paul to the Hewbrew: "All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.
There are those who worship the One and only living and True God who may be bound to a faith that doesn't promote the name of Yeshua, but yet they understand what God requires and they live accordingly. Like the thief that died alongside Yeshua, they will be saved.

beforHim

Jun 18, 2007
"I'm curious where that is in scripture"- me too, simply because there's a millineum's worth of interpretations of the end times.
tongue.gif
"You accept Christ is our savior..."- how does God accept a half-hearted commitment, for before we're saved, we can do no good, hence we can't accept Him fully, aka imperfect faith."What if a person were living in an area of the world where Christ had not been preached?"- Good question. We actually hit on that in small group tonight. Not sure what it has to do with this discussion. It's not the "who" or "what" is your faith in, but is that faith complete and authentic."...a faith that doesn't promote the name of Yeshua..."- (not being rude at all)that's not what I meant but it's good insight.

alaskadrifter

Jun 23, 2007
(beforHim;22504)
"You accept Christ is our savior..."- how does God accept a half-hearted commitment, for before we're saved, we can do no good, hence we can't accept Him fully, aka imperfect faith.
John 6:65 (New International Version)65He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him."

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
(beforHim;22406)
This might've been presented and discussed before-How can an unsaved person's imperfect faith attain them salvation?
By living a miserable life."And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest upon him. But if not, it will return to you." (Luke 10:6)

beforHim

Jun 18, 2007
"It's not the "who" or "what" is your faith in, but is that faith complete and authentic."- my own words. Let me clerify, because they even scared me whn I fiorst read them. It is the "who", and that's Jesus. But now how does God accept imperfect faith in Jesus as saving faith? That's what I meant."Unsaved people have no faith in God. Faith comes from God. The faith to accept Christ comes from Him."- sounds like Calvinism, the biblical equivalent of detrminism. God wants a relationship, not a "game of chess"."By living a miserable life."- I don't understand the answer (I promise, I am genuinely seeking an answer and discussion for wisdom, teaching, etc.)

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
We alll fall short what do you mean by imperfect faith? The faith of a mustard seed(smallest seed) can move moutains.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kriss;23181)
We alll fall short what do you mean by imperfect faith? The faith of a mustard seed(smallest seed) can move moutains.
Kriss, there is no such thing as imperfect faith. You either have faith in Christ and the Word of God or you don't. It's that simple.JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

wingnut

Aug 10, 2007
(thesuperjag;23182)
Kriss, there is no such thing as imperfect faith. You either have faith in Christ and the Word of God or you don't. It's that simple.Jag
Wow Jag. I was just going to say the opposite - is there any such thing as perfect faith? I know I don't have it, and I cannot think of any Christian I have met who has perfect faith. We may have faith in one area of our Christian life, and not in another.Faith is a work in progress - and we grow in it all the time.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(wingnut;23249)
(thesuperjag;23182)
Kriss, there is no such thing as imperfect faith. You either have faith in Christ and the Word of God or you don't. It's that simple.Jag
Wow Jag. I was just going to say the opposite - is there any such thing as perfect faith? I know I don't have it, and I cannot think of any Christian I have met who has perfect faith. We may have faith in one area of our Christian life, and not in another.Faith is a work in progress - and we grow in it all the time.I'm sure we are all in agreement that no man on Earth will understand everything in the bible. (with the exception of Yahshua) Yes, we grow in the faith of Christ for absorbing the Truth of God's Words. But we can not grow in the faith of Christ if we absorbed the doctrines of men.I would never say there is such thing as an imperfect faith...because of this scripture...Luke 18:8 - I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?Like I said...You either have faith in Christ and the Word of God or you don't. It's that simple.JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

wingnut

Aug 10, 2007
JagYou wrote..."I would never say there is such thing as an imperfect faith...because of this scripture...Luke 18:8 - I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?"The scripture you quoted seems to imply an answer of "maybe not"?What do you take the anticipated answer to be?Look at the description of the 7 churches of Revelation.Do any of them have perfect faith?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(wingnut;23266)
JagYou wrote..."I would never say there is such thing as an imperfect faith...because of this scripture...Luke 18:8 - I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?"The scripture you quoted seems to imply an answer of "maybe not"?What do you take the anticipated answer to be?Look at the description of the 7 churches of Revelation.Do any of them have perfect faith?
If you put it that way...only Christ knows everything, we don't. we are flawed. So if we compare ourselves to Christ, we are so dependent of Him...So to have Him and need of Him is to have faith. Without Him, we can't have faith.So if you want to say imperfect faith, that's fine by me...I'll stick with either you have it or not.