In an Atheistic World, There is No Purpose

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
[SIZE=12pt]Richard Dawkins wrote: “In a universe of blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won’t find any rhyme or reason in it, or any justice. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference” (Richard Dawkins, River Out of Eden: A Darwinian View of Life (1995)).[/SIZE]

READ WHAT OTHER ATHIEIST'S SAID

http://lutheranscience.org/14-01-24

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
One atheist. One, single, independent atheist. There are Christians who bomb buildings in the name of God. And not all Christians agree with that right? Right. You know why? Because people have different opinions on the meaning of life. People who come from different backgrounds, religions, race, gender etc. every individual has a different view, so you can't take one person and have them account for the entire community.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I were an atheist, I would rebel against a cold and godless universe by loving others

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
aspen said:
If I were an atheist, I would rebel against a cold and godless universe by loving others
Aspen the bible says you would not -- are you familiar with what the bible says we are like with out Jesus?

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
horsecamp said:
Aspen the bible says you would not -- are you familiar with what the bible says we are like with out Jesus?
I honestly don't know, but I have seen people who are:

-mean
-bigots
-racists
-murderers
-rapists
-child molestors
-liars
-cheats

the list goes on and on, that are Christian. So, let's all just be honest and say the truth shalll we?

There are good and bad people in every faith, and people who do not have faith.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say a godless universe - I said if I were an atheist. Do you refuse to recognize the love of God in people who are not Christian? Just because the nonChristian cannot see it in themselves does not mean it isn't there. Wow, 8 points for a quadruple negative!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
snr5557 said:
One atheist. One, single, independent atheist. There are Christians who bomb buildings in the name of God. And not all Christians agree with that right? Right. You know why? Because people have different opinions on the meaning of life. People who come from different backgrounds, religions, race, gender etc. every individual has a different view, so you can't take one person and have them account for the entire community.
OH MARSHMELLOW , I THOUGHT The post said see what other atheist said and I gave the website..

AND now your TELLING ME how much you like peanut butter and jelly.. did I understand your comment back correctly..?//

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
horsecamp said:
OH MARSHMELLOW , I THOUGHT The post said see what other atheist said and I gave the website..

AND now your TELLING ME how much you like peanut butter and jelly.. did I understand your comment back correctly..?//
Sure, a handful of other atheists believe that too. It's not like there are only a hundred atheists out there.

Where on Earth did you get this PB&J thing? :huh:

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
snr5557 said:

-mean
-bigots
-racists
-murderers
-rapists
-child molestors
-liars
-cheats

the list goes on and on, that are Christian. So, let's all just be honest and say the truth shalll we?

God the Father does not see in people the goodness you see ..
He sees people including you and me AS THE PEOPLE YOU LISTED AS BEING BAD..
That's why God gives us the great exchange for his Sons sake who lived and died for us..

we get Jesus perfect record of goodness and Jesus Got our sins to pay for with his Life's blood.
snr5557 said:
Sure, a handful of other atheists believe that too. It's not like there are only a hundred atheists out there.

Where on Earth did you get this PB&J thing? :huh:
you found the Lost atheists I was talking about.. now there's a handful,,
they sure are . there just about every where .

I will put the peanut butter and jelly back in their jars now .. :)

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
horsecamp said:
God the Father does not see in people the goodness you see ..
He sees people including you and me AS THE PEOPLE YOU LISTED AS BEING BAD..
That's why God gives us the great exchange for his Sons sake who lived and died for us..

we get Jesus perfect record of goodness and Jesus Got our sins to pay for with his Life's blood.

you found the Lost atheists I was talking about.. now there's a handful,,
they sure are . there just about every where .

They're. I hate to be that person who corrects people about stuff like this but I couldn't resist.

I will put the peanut butter and jelly back in their jars now .. :)
I see God as a loving figure, not a tyrant ready to send anyone to hell.

I'm pretty sure you're just talking about PB&J just to try and mess with me and has no actual significance in anything.

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This topic made me think of this:

20100326.gif

http://www.answersingenesis.org/media/image/cartoons/after-eden/fishy-morality

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
snr5557 said:

-mean
-bigots
-racists
-murderers
-rapists
-child molestors
-liars
-cheats

The difference between a Christian and an Atheist or those who label themselves as Christians who are realy wolves in sheeps clothing is that a Christian although they will slip up from time to time will make a notable effort to repent.
Repentance is the key.
ACTS 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

The people on your list if they are Christians have done those things in the past and have since repent and now live for Christ in keeping with the grace they have been given.

If The people on your list are atheists they might stop their behaviour through an attack of conscience otherwise they will not care if thats how they live.

If the people on your list are wolves in sheeps clothing, these people claim to know Christ, but they dont bare fruit in keeping with repentance so they in fact know nothing of Christ, and Jesus will say to them "Go away for I do not know you"
MATTHEW 7:23
Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so horsecamp......God loves evil? if people are evil, according to your pov, God must love evil. yet, the Bible tells us that God Hates Evil....hmmm.

the way in which you describe Gods love for us sounds like He only loves us because we took Him up on His offer to murder His Son. seems to me you are describing a Godfather (Soprano?) rather than God, Our Father....