In my Father's house are many mansions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
John 14:1-6
14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
KJV

We have all understood that Jesus sits ON(literally) the Right Hand of God, for the Father creates all things with His Word who Jesus is.
We too, are sitting with Jesus ON the right hand of God for if we are a member of Christ's body, then we are just as he is in this world IF we ABIDE IN THE WORD.
Jesus said that in the Father's house are many mansions and that he went to prepare a place, meaning a place in his body that we will be raised us up as righteous rulers to rule and reign with Christ in us to a position in this world.

All government is ordained of God, even Pharoah was raised up by God. Even our president and all other leaders are in God's control and will rule OVER US according to our desires that we have elected them to permit. When we want to choose our own leader's from men and do not want God's choice for us, then He gives us over to what we ask for. A wise person will submit their vote via GOD'S CHOICE. When we put our votes in the hands of fallen men we can never be sure that our vote even counted, besides the fact that we do not really know the heart of a man, but God does.

Reactions: Episkopos

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
afaithfulone4u

Read John 13 , 14 , 15 , 16 & 17 again ...... Jesus is speaking to , and instructing his disciples.

You should not read it as though it is a blanket statement for all Christians.

Jesus told his disciples he was going to prepare a place for them in His fathers house.

We are not given any more details about this "house" but it could very well be the "City of God" spoken of in Revelation .... the 12 foundations are named after the 12 disciples.

Anyway ..... bottom line is Jesus is instructing the disciples in John 14

To ascribe those verses to yourself is vain and arrogant.

To teach others the same error is a false teaching .

Slide your pride to the side and read your bible more carefully from now on please.

A.M.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Arnie Manitoba said:
afaithfulone4u

Read John 13 , 14 , 15 , 16 & 17 again ...... Jesus is speaking to , and instructing his disciples.

Jesus told his disciples he was going to prepare a place for them in His fathers house.

We are not given any more details about this "house" but it could very well be the "City of God" spoken of in Revelation .... the 12 foundations are named after the 12 disciples.

Slide your pride to the side and read your bible more carefully from now on please.

A.M.
I have already said in many of my posts that to be saved and inherit the kingdom of God are two different things. Only the holy ones & martyr's shall be the true body of Christ. Only they shall inherit the Bride heavenly Jerusalem and will rule and reign with Christ in the first resurrection.
But who are you to point out who that will be? Only Christ knows who are his and we should not be so quick to disclude anyone for we have no idea the hearts and works of men, especially on a forum.
Even Paul said that he could be disqualified so hang on to your hat I mean crown, that no man taketh it.
1 Cor 9:27
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
KJV

Reactions: Episkopos

Graceismine

Dec 16, 2012
New Zealand
Arnie Manitoba said:
afaithfulone4u

A.M.
I don't think it is vain & arrogant!

You are correct though, Jesus was comforting His disciples. He was speaking to them also when He told THEM to go into all the world and make disciples. The church was not told to do that but we have taken up the mandate and are doing it because, as it applied to them so it does to us.

As far as the Father's House goes I think we can elaborate a bit further " 2Co 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens"

So you see there is a House, a building of God made for us just as Jesus said in John 14..

A Faithfulone4U said
Only the holy ones & martyr's shall be the true body of Christ. Only they shall inherit the Bride heavenly Jerusalem and will rule and reign with Christ in the first resurrection
I must ask who these "holy ones" are . We are the "righteousness of God"....can't get any holier than that IMO.

2Co 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Reactions: KingJ

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
afaithfulone4u said:
I have already said in many of my posts that to be saved and inherit the kingdom of God are two different things. Only the holy ones & martyr's shall be the true body of Christ. Only they shall inherit the Bride heavenly Jerusalem and will rule and reign with Christ in the first resurrection.
But who are you to point out who that will be? Only Christ knows who are his and we should not be so quick to disclude anyone for we have no idea the hearts and works of men, especially on a forum.
Even Paul said that he could be disqualified so hang on to your hat I mean crown, that no man taketh it.
1 Cor 9:27
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
KJV
With all respect you are the one pointing out who will be in or out of the kingdom ...... so please don't accuse me of it.

All I was doing was pointing out that Jesus was instructing his disciples in John 14.

You are not one of the 12 disciples ...... and neither am I ...... we are the recipients of the teachings of the 12 disciples.

Don't worry ..... you are not the only one who misappropriates the mandate of the 12 disciples to yourself. It is a common error within the immature church.

afaithfulone4u said:
We have all understood that Jesus sits ON(literally) the Right Hand of God, for the Father creates all things with His Word who Jesus is.
We too, are sitting with Jesus ON the right hand of God for if we are a member of Christ's body, then we are just as he is in this world IF we ABIDE IN THE WORD.
What do you mean when you say we must .... "ABIDE IN THE WORD"

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Arnie Manitoba said:
Don't worry ..... you are not the only one who misappropriates the mandate of the 12 disciples to yourself. It is a common error within the immature church.
I think you should carefully read John 17 6-26 and pay special attention to verse 20-26 where Jesus begins by saying, "“I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will[e] believe in Me through their word;"

6 “I
have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the
world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your
word. 7 Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You. 8 For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me.
9 “I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. 10 And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them. 11 Now
I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to
You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me,[b] that they may be one as We are. 12 While I was with them in the world,[c] I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept;[d] and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. 13 But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. 18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I
in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that
the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You
have loved Me.
24 “Father,
I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am,
that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me
before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me. 26 And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”

Then maybe read 1 Cor 3:5-23

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
afaithfulone4u said:
John 14:1-6
14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
KJV

Jesus said that in the Father's house are many mansions and that he went to prepare a place, meaning a place in his body that we will be raised us up as righteous rulers to rule and reign with Christ in us to a position in this world.

All government is ordained of God, even Pharoah was raised up by God. Even our president and all other leaders are in God's control and will rule OVER US according to our desires that we have elected them to permit. When we want to choose our own leader's from men and do not want God's choice for us, then He gives us over to what we ask for. A wise person will submit their vote via GOD'S CHOICE. When we put our votes in the hands of fallen men we can never be sure that our vote even counted, besides the fact that we do not really know the heart of a man, but God does.
I'm not sure where you're coming from with this, or what point you're trying to make. Therefore I can only respond according to my understanding of it.

With regard to God raising up governments and one's duty to obey the authorities, this sort of argument is always delivered in an unabashed attempt to shore up the crumbling edifice of fanatic nationalism. It is used to demand allegiance unto wickedness and lawlessness at the highest level and it is USED by that government to sustain its own devious ends. Without it, the errant acolytes of sin in governance would have no office. Shall we continue as servants of ungodliness and rebellion against the Most High or shall we protest and protest most vigorously?

American culture is drenched in sin and debauchery. You know it. I know it. The epicenter of the ground shaking decisions that are destroying our culture and threaten the very freedom we once enjoyed to practice our religion lies in the great halls of government in Washington, DC. To demand or to practice support of such a regime is to yield to the devices of satan itself. The supreme court has ruled that its perfectly legal to murder babies in their own mother's womb. The office of the President has found a way to authenticate the illegal and immoral gifts of automatic weapons to the leaders of Mexican drug cartels. Known as the Fast and Furious incident, Attorney General Eric Holder has suffered absolutely no admonition or punishment for directing this most heinous crime. Shall the 'good Christian' lend his enthusiastic support to such a government or shall he protest with every fiber of his being? Do you not know that support for the world is a crime against God and heaven? You cannot love God and mammon.

Have you forgotten that everything Hitler and the NAZI party did was legal?

Blind support for a corrupt - and God hating - government is sin. Active rejection of it, even rebellion against it, is an act of liberating rightness. Do those who support the Federal government's crimes against its own citizens these days need to be reminded that the same government was born out of rebellion against the legitimate rule of King George? In many cases legal contracts for taxation and remuneration were involved. The founding fathers took up arms and fought against that government - yet we teach our young children they were heroes. Either you support a wicked government or you struggle against it.

Our founding fathers were indeed heroes because they fought against tyranny. Something more than an obscene tax against foreign tea is at hand today. Something more than taxation without representation has weaseled into our culture today. Our taxes are much higher than in 1776 and the will of the people expressed in numerous elections in this century is disregarded and ignored afterwards. Of what use is an election to demonstrate the will of the people when its ignored and is of no consequence to the government? Do we not find ourselves in a situation far more threatening to liberty and our personal honor than the founding fathers?

Our government is actively pressing against Christian ethics and behavior. You know it. I know it. It is pressing us to abandon the bedrock of our salvation and our eternal hope. It is pressing us to deny God! This fact is undeniable. Shall good and decent followers of Christ embrace this attitude as well as this culture of wickedness or shall we reject it? It is time to get off the fence and decide what sort of future our children will have.

It is high time to examine with all due diligence that which we are giving our allegiance to - politically, emotionally, and spiritually. Does God really intend for this government to continue in flagrant disregard of the highest law of the land (the constitution) as well as His Own? Does God really intend for lawlessness to continue? I for one do not believe that for a New York minute or for a Washington DC second.

The cross and the flag cannot occupy the same place in a man's heart. We must choose one or the other.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the saints abide in Christ NOW! There are many abodes in Zion...but unfortunately these go unnoticed by a generation of believers who prefer to abide to remain as they are.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Hang on for a minute Rex..... this is an old tactic often employed by Christians who make the same mistake trying to claim the attributes of the 12 apostles.

My post to fithfulone4u was to point out that she incorrectly uses John 14 as applying to us ..... and I said it was specific to the apostles.

I stand by what I said.

Furthermore I highlighted in blue parts of your comment ...... the blue portions are SPECIFICALLY for the 12 disciples (minus Judas)

Jesus is SPECIFICALLY speaking to .... and praying for his disciples.

I stand by what I said

Later Jesus certainly prays that all believers will be one and in unity but that is a different topic. Jesus Himself discriminated between the 12 apostles and the people who become believers from the teaching of the 12

If anyone has objections to Jesus discriminating his instructions and prayers to the 12 as different to the multitude of believers ..... take the issue up with HIM .... not me.

All I do is read the bible in its proper context.

Highlighted below in blue are Jesus' words specifically to the 12 disciples (minus Judas)

Rex said:
I think you should carefully read John 17 6-26 and pay special attention to verse 20-26 where Jesus begins by saying, "“I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will[e] believe in Me through their word;"

6 “I
have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the
world
. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your
word. 7 Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You. 8 For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me.
9 “I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. 10 And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them. 11 Now
I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to
You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me,[b] that they may be one as We are. 12 While I was with them in the world,[c]I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept;[d]and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. 13 But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. 18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Arnie Manitoba said:
Hang on for a minute Rex..... this is an old tactic often employed by Christians who make the same mistake trying to claim the attributes of the 12 apostles.

My post to fithfulone4u was to point out that she incorrectly uses John 14 as applying to us ..... and I said it was specific to the apostles.

I stand by what I said.

Furthermore I highlighted in blue parts of your comment ...... the blue portions are SPECIFICALLY for the 12 disciples (minus Judas)

Jesus is SPECIFICALLY speaking to .... and praying for his disciples.

I stand by what I said

Later Jesus certainly prays that all believers will be one and in unity but that is a different topic. Jesus Himself discriminated between the 12 apostles and the people who become believers from the teaching of the 12

If anyone has objections to Jesus discriminating his instructions and prayers to the 12 as different to the multitude of believers ..... take the issue up with HIM .... not me.

All I do is read the bible in its proper context.

Highlighted below in blue are Jesus' words specifically to the 12 disciples (minus Judas)
Thanks for the blue highlights and verses 20-26 are about those that believe, which was my point.

It is still something to remember what Paul said about exulting one another. 1 Cor 3:5-23

The Apostles have left their earthly tents, just who do suppose was to carry on the message to those who still live in an earthly tent?
If you keep that in mind when you read John 17:20-26 Jesus was praying that the truth and word He provided was carried on through those that believed.

On the foundation already laid BTW

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Rex said:
Thanks for the blue highlights and verses 20-26 are about those that believe, which was my point.
May I point out that that Jesus was talking specifically about the 12 disciples minus Judas .......

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition,

Anyway I am done with this debate ..... anyone who feels they have the attributes Jesus designated to the 12 disciples I wish them well in their delusions

I also expect the whole world will marvel at the accomplishments of such a person.

I also expect the Lord will have to add an extra foundation stone in the New Jerusalem and write that persons name on it.

Rev 21:14 The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Wow you just simply refuse to admit that verse 20-26 even exists

And you ignore my point about the foundation already laid. I agree it useless to continue.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
Arnie Manitoba said:
afaithfulone4u

A.M.

Jesus wasn't just speaking to His disciples, He was talking about every born again Christian.
The prove of that is, All those disciples are in heaven, So how can Jesus come back to take them to heaven??.
Jesus was talking about the pre-trib rapture.