In & out

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I didn't start with belief when I first read the gospels, mathew through mark. I started with pity for the man Jesus. Pity because I liked Him, and wished like mad that the world could be like what He said, but thought He was deluded because the world was nothing like what He seemed to say.

Then I saw He wasn't talking about the world. He was talking about what He kept calling a different kingdom. He wasn't saying the world was like what He taught, but that another place was like what He taught.

Then at some point in my reading, I moved from Pity for Him to hope that He would somehow let me know this odd kingdom He taught about.

My hope didn't turn to certainty until He revealed Himself to me. It was not what I expected. It was not seeing Him as I saw everything else, with my physical eyes. It was inside myself that He revealed Himself to me. To this day, it still sounds crazy to me, but it's how it happened.

It didn't change the world around me, or make my life suddenly devoid of struggles, but it started to slowly change me.
Goes to show how important is the reading of the Scriptures, right? :)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Goes to show how important is the reading of the Scriptures, right? :)

No. I mean, at Pentecost, the gospel was first spoken. I happened to read it rather than hear it spoken out loud, but others hear it rather than read it when their eyes are opened.

Of course, they THEN want to read all of it!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No. I mean, at Pentecost, the gospel was first spoken. I happened to read it rather than hear it spoken out loud, but others hear it rather than read it when their eyes are opened.

Of course, they THEN want to read all of it!
It's the Word of God, whether read or heard by preaching.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I didn't start with belief when I first read the gospels, mathew through mark. I started with pity for the man Jesus. Pity because I liked Him, and wished like mad that the world could be like what He said, but thought He was deluded because the world was nothing like what He seemed to say.

Then I saw He wasn't talking about the world. He was talking about what He kept calling a different kingdom. He wasn't saying the world was like what He taught, but that another place was like what He taught.

Then at some point in my reading, I moved from Pity for Him to hope that He would somehow let me know this odd kingdom He taught about.

My hope didn't turn to certainty until He revealed Himself to me. It was not what I expected. It was not seeing Him as I saw everything else, with my physical eyes. It was inside myself that He revealed Himself to me. To this day, it still sounds crazy to me, but it's how it happened.

It didn't change the world around me, or make my life suddenly devoid of struggles, but it started to slowly change me.
Ah yes, I know what it's like to have someone live on the inside of me. People can do that you know, well some people. Anywho, it's not what is seems, and it's not a evil spirit (Although it seems that way sometimes) It's kinda crazy to me as well, but I am coming to enjoy the relationship with this person this way.

Since I was robbed of a physical connection, another one was available to me. So I get to be experiencing a lifetime of another person, without getting off my lounge chair.

Pretty cool.

But no demons though.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just that, to straighten me out. I believed like any other real believer does, but that simply wasn't enough.
You need to elaborate on your meaning of "straighten me out."

Also, explain to us what you mean by believe and your salvation.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why can't your God fix me properly, I have given him every opportunity to do that. Is this because in reality he is not real, and nothing could ever be fixed with belief?

Do you want to be fixed to your purpose or to God's purpose?

God doesn't want us just to enjoy this life as much as possible and then die. He wants to get you on track for eternal life...but a life lived in and through God.

Struggles help us to focus on what is really important.

If our motives are selfish....God will remain aloof. God is not there to help you get what you think you want. You have to turn your life over to Him so that He takes you to where He wants you. It is in your best interest to do so.

We live in the most selfish era of human history. And in our entitlement we demand that God behaves a certain way. Talk about spoiled brats!

When you are ready to hand over your life to a sovereign God...He will find you.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You need to elaborate on your meaning of "straighten me out."

Also, explain to us what you mean by believe and your salvation.
I don't think I need to explain this any further, as it's no one's business to divulge any technical details to them. I am quite capable of correcting any mental malfunctions I face, and anything that can't be fixed I accept.

"Imperfect problems need imperfect solutions"

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah yes, I know what it's like to have someone live on the inside of me. People can do that you know, well some people. Anywho, it's not what is seems, and it's not a evil spirit (Although it seems that way sometimes) It's kinda crazy to me as well, but I am coming to enjoy the relationship with this person this way.

Since I was robbed of a physical connection, another one was available to me. So I get to be experiencing a lifetime of another person, without getting off my lounge chair.

Pretty cool.

But no demons though.

Oh...I suddenly remember you and you said almost that same exact thing then too, if not word for word. I think your user name is different though. So...have fun. Toodles.

Reactions: Waiting on him

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Do you want to be fixed to your purpose or to God's purpose?

God doesn't want us just to enjoy this life as much as possible and then die. He wants to get you on track for eternal life...but a life lived in and through God.

Struggles help us to focus on what is really important.

If our motives are selfish....God will remain aloof. God is not there to help you get what you think you want. You have to turn your life over to Him so that He takes you to where He wants you. It is in your best interest to do so.

We live in the most selfish era of human history. And in our entitlement we demand that God behaves a certain way. Talk about spoiled brats!

When you are ready to hand over your life to a sovereign God...He will find you.
I disagree:

Psalm 20:4 4May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I disagree:

Psalm 20:4 4May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.

There's the problem right there. You are doing what so many are doing that call themselves believers...picking your verses and expecting God to reward you for ignoring the rest of His counsel.

I'm surprised you don't claim salvation for yourself. Maybe you haven't found those verses yet....

God has to change our hearts before He gives us the desire placed within. He does not satisfy a heart that yet harbours wicked intent.

Then there is the issue of time. It doesn't say He will give you the desires of your heart quickly. If we hold back from Him, why wouldn't He hold back from us?

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I need to explain this any further, as it's no one's business to divulge any technical details to them. I am quite capable of correcting any mental malfunctions I face, and anything that can't be fixed I accept.

"Imperfect problems need imperfect solutions"
No, you don't need to, just asking.

Since you're leaving things vague, it's impossible to know the meanings of anything you say.

Keep in mind that true conversion doesn't necessitate deliverance from suffering.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No, you don't need to, just asking.

Since you're leaving things vague, it's impossible to know the meanings of anything you say.

Keep in mind that true conversion doesn't necessitate deliverance from suffering.
ha that last line is kind of hard to realize at first I guess huh
hate your life and living sacrifice are not ezackly vacation destinations are they lol

Reactions: VictoryinJesus