In & out

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No chance. I don't have the time to waste finding your other posts under your other name, but I keenly remember you because of the repeated post. ;)
might be worth asking a mod to correlate his ip. I dunno if multiple accounts are allowed here?
But I guess the evasive answer speaks for itself huh
maybe vinnie will get a hint at least

Reactions: Helen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you want to be fixed to your purpose or to God's purpose?

God doesn't want us just to enjoy this life as much as possible and then die. He wants to get you on track for eternal life...but a life lived in and through God.

Struggles help us to focus on what is really important.

If our motives are selfish....God will remain aloof. God is not there to help you get what you think you want. You have to turn your life over to Him so that He takes you to where He wants you. It is in your best interest to do so.

We live in the most selfish era of human history. And in our entitlement we demand that God behaves a certain way. Talk about spoiled brats!

When you are ready to hand over your life to a sovereign God...He will find you.

Agree but is God aloof or working in ways we may not yet see or understand. Hebrews 5:7-9 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; [8] Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; [9] And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Was thinking on “Though he were a Son, yet he learned obedience by the things which he suffered.” Considering the two commands of Love God and love others more than you love yourself. Couldn’t it be said “Though he were a Son, yet he learned love by the things which he suffered.” Clearly the demonstration...is there any doubt The Son kept the commandments of His love for the Father in forsaking all and His love for others more than himself? Can’t find the other verse in the OT but there is one on God made Him to learn quick...the point being that who taught The Son was the Father.

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the fault in our star's is our need to believe in thing's. (Let's go on a little adventure of reason here)

We take it for granted that belief is the most efficient method in helping us fill in the gaps of our knowledge, while we wait to understand. But I am starting to think that belief is something we've created out of thin air, that belief is a way of thinking, not a instinct or a sense.

I reason this way because belief is inconsistent with actual odds. What are the odds that I'll win on a slot machine if I believe I will? I can believe that this time I will win, but my belief in winning does not change the odds in my favour.

Now I figure that the same would apply to anything a person projects their belief on, even God. Do you think that any creator who set the universe in motion is going to change the odds of what is? Just for you?

If the desire is more of what has been the damage and destruction to begin with...then how do we know God isn’t giving exactly what we want until it destroys us. There is a verse where God ask if they can see the fruit of their hands...can they see what ugliness and dissatisfaction and sin has come from what they have sown. Confused over what you want...thousands different ways to use the Bible to justify God owes us something in life when what (IMO) He promises is a way out of vanity, self-serving, anxiousness over heavy expectations and desires that never fill or satisfy, and freedom to live peacefully in contentment. To set us free from a prison of vanity and corruption that is death more abundant...unto Life more abundantly. Problem may be in mingling that for God to give us life more abundantly means He gives us all the desires of vanity and corruption...that is not so. That is what He came to set us free from.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Been in and out of the religious institution (AKA Christianity) for near on 20 year's. I mounted belief on belief with nothing I could prove to myself, until my mountain of faith came crashing down. After the collapse I lay in a hole like a dead man, I suddenly realised I didn't have a mind of my own.

It is written that if the Lord has made thing's twisted, who can straighten it?

My mind was sure twisted, to the point of thinking of killing Christian's for year's of mental abuse. But I overcome such thinking, and now I just want answer's.

So my first question is:

Why can't your God fix me properly, I have given him every opportunity to do that. Is this because in reality he is not real, and nothing could ever be fixed with belief?
Oh...I suddenly remember you and you said almost that same exact thing then too, if not word for word. I think your user name is different though. So...have fun. Toodles.
its amazing how everyone has a unique voice, in the written word?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't even remember me from last week, and you remember me?

It was longer ago than last week but probably less than 7 or 8 months. Yes, I remember you. When I invest myself in a long conversation, I remember them.

Reactions: Helen

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
There's the problem right there. You are doing what so many are doing that call themselves believers...picking your verses and expecting God to reward you for ignoring the rest of His counsel.

I'm surprised you don't claim salvation for yourself. Maybe you haven't found those verses yet....

God has to change our hearts before He gives us the desire placed within. He does not satisfy a heart that yet harbours wicked intent.

Then there is the issue of time. It doesn't say He will give you the desires of your heart quickly. If we hold back from Him, why wouldn't He hold back from us?
Perhaps.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
No, you don't need to, just asking.

Since you're leaving things vague, it's impossible to know the meanings of anything you say.

Keep in mind that true conversion doesn't necessitate deliverance from suffering.
On a personal note I've only met a handful of Christian's who can actually handle dealing with topics that are hairy.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Does anyone actually know what their doing? Do people really know how to fix people? I know people are good at breaking people, but they have serious issues when putting people back together. Maybe humans just don't know enough about each other to be messing around inside people's head.
Well, I have had good outcomes when talking to professional counselors in the past. I don't think its about fixing people as much as increasing their well being. But that is your call.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
If the desire is more of what has been the damage and destruction to begin with...then how do we know God isn’t giving exactly what we want until it destroys us. There is a verse where God ask if they can see the fruit of their hands...can they see what ugliness and dissatisfaction and sin has come from what they have sown. Confused over what you want...thousands different ways to use the Bible to justify God owes us something in life when what (IMO) He promises is a way out of vanity, self-serving, anxiousness over heavy expectations and desires that never fill or satisfy, and freedom to live peacefully in contentment. To set us free from a prison of vanity and corruption that is death more abundant...unto Life more abundantly. Problem may be in mingling that for God to give us life more abundantly means He gives us all the desires of vanity and corruption...that is not so. That is what He came to set us free from.
If Jesus really is the God of this universe, then we are all expected to believe an absurd reality. One that can suspended it's universal law's whimsically in favour of a monkeys superstition.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Well, I have had good outcomes when talking to professional counselors in the past. I don't think its about fixing people as much as increasing their well being. But that is your call.
I think the key to freedom and wellness is already inside you. You just have search out your own heart and find that key.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in favour of a monkeys superstition.

Would be man’s way which is more prone to believe superstition before he will hear anything God has to say. You hinted at being broken, complained God hasn’t fixed you yet, then claim it is okay because you have the key to fix yourself. (Unless I misunderstood). Then do it. What is the problem then?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace