In praise of the passion of Christ!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act of reparation to the sacred heart of Jesus!

O sweet Jesus, Whose overflowing charity for men is requited by so much forgetfulness, negligence and contempt, behold us prostrate before Thy altar eager to repair by a special act of homage the cruel indifference and injuries, to which Thy loving Heart is everywhere subject.

Mindful alas! that we ourselves have had a share in such great indignities, which we now deplore from the depths of our hearts, we humbly ask Thy pardon and declare our readiness to atone by voluntary expiation not only for our own personal offenses, but also for the sins of those, who, straying far from the path of salvation, refuse in their obstinate infidelity to follow Thee, their Shepherd and Leader, or, renouncing the vows of their baptism, have cast off the sweet yoke of Thy Law.

We are now resolved to expiate each and every deplorable outrage committed against Thee; we are determined to make amends for the manifold offenses against Christian modesty in unbecoming dress and behavior, for all the foul seductions laid to ensnare the feet of the innocent, for the frequent violations of Sundays and holidays, and the shocking blasphemies uttered against Thee and Thy Saints.

We wish also to make amends for the insults to which Thy Vicar on earth and Thy priests are subjected, for the profanation, by conscious neglect or terrible acts of sacrilege, of the very Sacrament of Thy Divine Love; and lastly for the public crimes of nations who resist the rights and teaching authority of the Church which Thou hast founded.

Would, O divine Jesus, we were able to wash away such abominations with our blood. We now offer, in reparation for these violations of Thy divine honor, the satisfaction Thou didst once make to Thy eternal Father on the cross and which Thou dost continue to renews daily on our altars; we offer it in union with the acts of atonement of Thy Virgin Mother and all the Saints and of the pious faithful on earth; and we sincerely promise to make recompense, as far as we can with the help of Thy grace, for all neglect of Thy great love and for the sins we and others have committed in the past. Henceforth we will live a life of unwavering faith, of purity of conduct, of perfect observance of the precepts of the gospel and especially that of charity. We promise to the best of our power to prevent other from offending Thee and to bring as many as possible to follow Thee.

O loving Jesus, through the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, our model in reparation, deign to receive the voluntary offering we make of this act of expiation; and by the crowning gift of perseverance keep us faithful unto death in our duty and the allegiance we owe to Thee, so that we may one day come to that happy home, where Thou with the Father and the Holy Ghost livest and reignest God, world without end. Amen.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. Ephesians 1:7
    In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Colossians 1:14
    In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
  3. Colossians 1:20
    And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
  4. Hebrews 9:12
    Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
  5. Hebrews 13:12
    Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
  6. 1 John 1:7
    But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
christians are not allowed to pray?

Of course we are allowed - encourage even - to pray but that wasn't what I asked. What I asked was where in the bible does it mention "Act of reparation to the sacred heart of Jesus!" And please will you explain - if you can - to we non Catholics where the sacred heart teaching has come from.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in the bible does it say that?

why does it have to be in the Bible?

truth is revealed by Christ and taught by his church

not the heresy of the Bible alone!

acts 2:42 does say they held to the Bible alone

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
why does it have to be in the Bible?

truth is revealed by Christ and taught by his church

not the heresy of the Bible alone!

acts 2:42 does say they held to the Bible alone
So now the bible is heresy? Or the idea that it is the only truth?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course we are allowed - encourage even - to pray but that wasn't what I asked. What I asked was where in the bible does it mention "Act of reparation to the sacred heart of Jesus!" And please will you explain - if you can - to we non Catholics where the sacred heart teaching has come from.

from Christ

Zechariah 12:10
And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Jn 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
from Christ

Zechariah 12:10
And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Jn 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
Straw clutching again @theefaith - nowhere there does it say 'sacred heart/

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
it was his heart that was pierced???
Really? It says in the bible account that it was his side.
John 19:34
Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus’ side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water.

Water wouldn't come out of a person's heart.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? It says in the bible account that it was his side.
John 19:34
Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus’ side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water.

Water wouldn't come out of a person's heart.

the heart of Jesus is the holy of Holies!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
the heart of Jesus is the holy of Holies!
Nowhere in the bible does it say that. It is another false doctrine of the Catholic cult.
Jesus was pierced in his side as the bible says and because there was water and blood the spear probably pierced his bladder not his heart.

The holy of holies was the inner sanctum of the temple into which the high priest could enter only once a year. When Jesus died on the cross the curtain which separated the inner sanctum - holy of holies - from the main body of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. This signified that through the blood of Jesus we have access to the holy place which is the throne of God. We have access to God without the need for priests.
Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
I urge you my misguided friend to lay aside your pride and fear of losing face or faith and surrender to Jesus. Get on your knees or sit in your quiet place and ponder the things you have read on here and ask God to open the eyes of your heart and give you understanding. You true allegiance is to your God only not to anything else including your church traditions and doctrines.

Matthew 13:13-15
“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.

Reactions: Cassandra

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes I know that nursery rhyme, it was inspired by Mary Sawyer, who lived in Sterling, Massachusetts, in the 1800s, reports the New England Historical Society. Mary took the young animal under her care after the poor thing was rejected by her sheep mother on the family’s farm. After nursing her unusual pet to good health, the lamb became Mary’s shadow and, indeed, “everywhere that Mary went, the lamb was sure to go.” but I don't understand why you have quoted it here. her are the verses in full as you're interested.

Mary had a little lamb,
Its fleece was white as snow,
And every where that Mary went
The lamb was sure to go ;
He followed her to school one day—
That was against the rule,
It made the children laugh and play,
To see a lamb at school.

And so the Teacher turned him out,
But still he lingered near,
And waited patiently about,
Till Mary did appear ;
And then he ran to her, and laid
His head upon her arm,
As if he said—‘ I’m not afraid—
You’ll keep me from all harm.’

‘ What makes the lamb love Mary so ?’
The eager children cry—
‘ O, Mary loves the lamb, you know,’
The Teacher did reply ;—
‘ And you each gentle animal
In confidence may bind,
And make them follow at your call,
If you are always kind.’
sounds like the teacher spoke one way yet acted another .....hmmmm

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is an ancient practice to say some prayers in honor of the five wounds of Christ!

and also his little known and therefore little honored wounds such as his interior wounds and anguish suffered in the garden, or his wounded knees from falling under the cross, his holy face crowned with thorns, his back from the scourging and stripping of his garments after his precious blood dries and adhered to his flesh, and his wounded shoulder where he carried the cross!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The passion of Christ inspires true sorrow for sin!

From the wounds of Christ proceeds the fruits of sanctity!

Holy mother pierce me thru, in my heart each wound renew of my savior crucified!

sorrowful heart of Mary, obtain for me from your divine son true sorrow for my sin!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the cross Her station keeping, stood the mournful mother weeping, close to Jesus to the last!

oh Sacred head (divine wisdom) surrounded by crown of piercing thorn!

mph bleeding head so wounded, reviled and put to scorn!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
O sacred head once wounded,
with grief and shame weighed down,
how scornfully surrounded