In praise of the passion of Christ!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
OIP.97y9wOHQ8V9UwfgiKLtoJQHaFj

The victorious cross. Death could not hold him.

Reactions: dev553344

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Eternal father, I place the precious blood of Jesus before my lips before I pray, that my prayers may be purified and multiplied by the merits of His precious Blood!

Eternal Father I offer Thee the most precious blood of Jesus Christ!

cover everything in the precious blood of Jesus Christ!
I do believe you are very sincere about you love for Jesus, but these prayers can be found on the internet. I like to use my own words rather than talk to God in a religious way. Do you ever use your own words?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always like to think about Jesus resurrecting himself when they thought to kill him and remove him from the lives of the people. Their intent was to stop him and it failed. They expected him to save himself from the cross. But instead he committed to the atonement, resurrected he became and then came in like a thief in the night. And still teaching even after they killed him:

0*eYCFSes_fldWxN8H

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
679a9c4804444525d0358ab5940e7b1b.jpg

Holman Hunt 'Light of the World' And notice there is no handle on the outside. We have to open the door for him to come in.

Reactions: dev553344

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't meditate. I used to but found it ineffective. I do pray though, but not too much as I feel my time would be better spent in service to the Lord. And I think if I had a prayer it would be that God save me, by resurrecting me and accepting me into heaven, washing my soul clean of sin.

meditation on the passion of Jesus, his suffering, blood, wounds, and holy face produce fruits of repentance, true sorrow for sin, peace and true love of Christ who suffered for love of us

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not meaning to offend you but I seriously would like to know why the Catholic cross bears the tortured body of our dear Lord Jesus rather than the empty cross which is a symbol God's mighty power in raising him from death. His death freed us from sin but his resurrection gives us life.

Yes he is risen
Yea we live the in the power of the resurrection and the spirit

but we are to remain in His passion and death till he comes

Paul said I preach Christ and him cross crucified

Gal 3:1
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Behold i stand at the door (of your heart) and knock
meditation on the passion of Jesus, his suffering, blood, wounds, and holy face produce fruits of repentance, true sorrow for sin, peace and true love of Christ who suffered for love of us
Does Jesus ask us to specifically meditate on his suffering? If he does can you point us to the scripture.

For those who are true Christians, born of the Holy Spirit into new life, we cannot fail to acknowledge the great sacrifice our Saviour made for us, the sacrifice of his own life in the most agonising way. It is always with us but there too is the Risen Lord. Even as we remember his death on Crucifixion Friday, what we more commonly call Good Friday, we also know that he isn't dead. The the power of God was more powerful than the power of death. And we joyfully celebrate this fact on Resurrection Sunday or Easter day. God lives, make no mistake.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:14
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must theSon of man be lifted up:

the people at the time of Moses we being bitten by snakes, God commanded Moses to make a serpent of bronze and when the people looked at it they were cured of the snake bites

Christ on the cross looks like sin, and by looking upon Him we are cured of sin, the passion produces fruits of repentance and true sorrow for sin, peace and forgiveness and healing!

By His stripes we are healed!
Forgiven!

Isa 53:1
Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lordhath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the Lordto bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe you are very sincere about you love for Jesus, but these prayers can be found on the internet. I like to use my own words rather than talk to God in a religious way. Do you ever use your own words?

I prefer the prayers of the saints or those revealed by God, but you’re free to pray in way that is effectual and efficacious

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I prefer the prayers of the saints or those revealed by God, but you’re free to pray in way that is effectual and efficacious
And you too are free to pray in your own way. I do prefer prayer to be more personal than using somebody else's words.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you find your prayers are answered. I often just say help me to find whatever is lost, or please bring to mind the name of something I can't recall or please show me the best way to do a certain task. He care about the small things in my life and never lets me down. That is why my relationship with him is personal. It is between me and Him.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 26:36 Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.

37 And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.

38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

Gethsemane means wine press whence comes forth the oil of healing, Christ is pressed by our sins and His precious blood pours out and is our healing!

isa 53 by His stripes we are healed!

my soul is sorrowful even unto death!

when you have something to suffer say,
oh my Good Jesus it is for love of thee!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ crucified, have mercy on us oh Lord, have mercy on us!

the blood of Christ quenches the flaming arrows of lust!

the passion, holy wounds, the holy face, and the precious blood are a great remedy against the sins of the flesh!

precious blood of Jesus, save us!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus, Son of the Most High God, Risen Lord, thank you that through the shedding of your blood you have saved us from Sin and enabled the Father's Grace and forgiveness to be extended to all who open their hearts to you.
Precious Saviour, Lamb of God, Good Shepherd, seek out the lost and bring them to repentance and new life through the Holy Spirit. Amen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Jesus, Son of the Most High God, Risen Lord, thank you that through the shedding of your blood you have saved us from Sin and enabled the Father's Grace and forgiveness to be extended to all who open their hearts to you.
Precious Saviour, Lamb of God, Good Shepherd, seek out the lost and bring them to repentance and new life through the Holy Spirit. Amen
Good sentiment there....

Reactions: Pearl

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

sweet

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Passion of Christ, strengthen me! Strengthen me under the pressure of temptation. Strengthen me when principle is at stake. Strengthen me to do Your Will, My God. Strengthen me in moments of suffering, in times of loneliness, in periods of depression. Strengthen me that I may never swerve from You, dear Christ, nor weaken through human respect, through a desire to be popular, through hope of social distinction. Strengthen me to accept my cross and carry it generously to the end. On the battlefield of life, stand by me that I may never prove a traitor in the ranks. Stand by me that I may not be dazzled by the glitter and glow of the enemy camp. Amen.