In the beginning God made the heavens and the earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Cool of the day" is sunrise and not evening...missed the time slot.

But it's not uncommon for those who haven't been to Israel. You have to experience it yourself to really understand.

Been to Israel and did experience it thank you.

And the cool of the day is understood as late afternoon when the sun is declining and the breezes of evening are beginning to blow. At least according to several Hebrew scholars I know. but the time is irrelavent.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Been to Israel and did experience it thank you.

And the cool of the day is understood as late afternoon when the sun is declining and the breezes of evening are beginning to blow. At least according to several Hebrew scholars I know. but the time is irrelavent.

Actually it isn't...
This is the start of the theme of sunrise that threads its way Across several books of the Old Testament culminating in that morning in the graveyard garden.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it isn't...
This is the start of the theme of sunrise that threads its way Across several books of the Old Testament culminating in that morning in the graveyard garden.

Well multiple Jewish sources I checked said otherwise, but this is an argument over how many grains of sand can fit on the head of a needle. Trite little thing.

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well multiple Jewish sources I checked said otherwise, but this is an argument over how many grains of sand can fit on the head of a needle. Trite little thing.
Well,
Jews don't exactly endorse Jesus either...LOL.

When Did Sodom and Gomorrah fall?
When did Jacob get the name Israel?
When did the walls of Jericho fall?
When was the siege of Jerusalem over?
When did Daniel get his answer?

There's a huge contingent of scriptures all having some kind of answer, success, battles won, and evil crushed at sunrise. Like I was saying...this is a theme running the gambit across scripture.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well,
Jews don't exactly endorse Jesus either...LOL.

When Did Sodom and Gomorrah fall?
When did Jacob get the name Israel?
When did the walls of Jericho fall?
When was the siege of Jerusalem over?
When did Daniel get his answer?

There's a huge contingent of scriptures all having some kind of answer, success, battles won, and evil crushed at sunrise. Like I was saying...this is a theme running the gambit across scripture.

So because Jews didn't accept Jesus we toss out the inspiration of the OT which we are discussing???

As for the dates of these events, haven't a clue! Except Jerusalem. the siege finally ended in 135 AD after the Jesus bar Kochba rebellion and they plowed Jerusalem under!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So because Jews didn't accept Jesus we toss out the inspiration of the OT which we are discussing???

As for the dates of these events, haven't a clue! Except Jerusalem. the siege finally ended in 135 AD after the Jesus bar Kochba rebellion and they plowed Jerusalem under!
I was talking about the time of day...not the year.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was talking about the time of day...not the year.

Well I don't remember what time of day is mentioned if mentioned. LIke I said this is no big deal. IN Israel I learned ()actually confirmed) the cool of the day refers to the time before sunset when the sun is leaving the sky and the air is cooling. I am cool with morning as well. What is the import is that God walked with them.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I don't remember what time of day is mentioned if mentioned. LIke I said this is no big deal. IN Israel I learned ()actually confirmed) the cool of the day refers to the time before sunset when the sun is leaving the sky and the air is cooling. I am cool with morning as well. What is the import is that God walked with them.
Sunrise/daybreak is a theme in the scriptures...

It is light as a cloudy day is light until the sun breaks over the Golan Heights. But it lasts for hours as the Sun has nothing but desert after the Himilayan Mountains in Afghanistan... several thousand miles away. Most of Israel itself is below sea level...and refraction is the reason for the light.

Then once the sunrise actually occurs you can use the needle on a thermometer as a fan because of how fast the temperature rises.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sunrise/daybreak is a theme in the scriptures...

It is light as a cloudy day is light until the sun breaks over the Golan Heights. But it lasts for hours as the Sun has nothing but desert after the Himilayan Mountains in Afghanistan... several thousand miles away. Most of Israel itself is below sea level...and refraction is the reason for the light.

Then once the sunrise actually occurs you can use the needle on a thermometer as a fan because of how fast the temperature rises.

Well if you say so! As I said, it is not a big deal.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you say so! As I said, it is not a big deal.
I would say that it's a lot bigger deal than you are thinking.

A study on Sunrise in the scriptures is an especially good one.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say that it's a lot bigger deal than you are thinking.

A study on Sunrise in the scriptures is an especially good one.

Maybe, but until God burdens me to study sunrise- I shall keep studying the materials for the classes I teach in bible Institute.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe, but until God burdens me to study sunrise- I shall keep studying the materials for the classes I teach in bible Institute.
And that would be the reason why you refuse to even look at the truth I've presented.

How hard would it be to look in a concordance?
All it would cost you is a bruised ego. But sometimes some people can't grab onto enough humility to do even that much.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that would be the reason why you refuse to even look at the truth I've presented.

How hard would it be to look in a concordance?
All it would cost you is a bruised ego. But sometimes some people can't grab onto enough humility to do even that much.

I went way past a concordance to a linguistic commentary. And I think the humility need is on your end. Trying to read what is in my soul is arrogance and hubris to a high level.

A concordance gives no clue as to time of day it is. It is the same word for breath and spirit.

It is you that is making a big deal. I am comfortable with sunrise or sunset- it really is not a big deal in the scheme of biblical things. but you seem to think it does. So show why I should take this specifically and what import that carries.

Reactions: stovebolts

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went way past a concordance to a linguistic commentary. And I think the humility need is on your end. Trying to read what is in my soul is arrogance and hubris to a high level.

A concordance gives no clue as to time of day it is. It is the same word for breath and spirit.

It is you that is making a big deal. I am comfortable with sunrise or sunset- it really is not a big deal in the scheme of biblical things. but you seem to think it does. So show why I should take this specifically and what import that carries.
Sure thing there big E guy....

Since you claim to be a "teacher" you shouldn't be listening whatsoever to someone like myself who is nothing more than a broken down old construction worker. You know do much more... you don't need a bit of my help grabbing an inexhaustive Concordance off the shelf and looking up the word "Sunrise" or "Daybreak" and knowing the scriptures surrounding them.

After all...I'm the broken down stupid construction worker with nothing better to do than post on the internet wackanoodle theologies and you are the recognized college professor who teaches the next generation of pastors.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure thing there big E guy....

Since you claim to be a "teacher" you shouldn't be listening whatsoever to someone like myself who is nothing more than a broken down old construction worker. You know do much more... you don't need a bit of my help grabbing an inexhaustive Concordance off the shelf and looking up the word "Sunrise" or "Daybreak" and knowing the scriptures surrounding them.

After all...I'm the broken down stupid construction worker with nothing better to do than post on the internet wackanoodle theologies and you are the recognized college professor who teaches the next generation of pastors.

Well cool which is the word you are having a snit over and cool of the day is simply ruach yom. Gives no clue as to what time of day despite your saying it does. It simply says breath of the day!

And I always listen to people I discuss with. I have learned much here and other forums. But on this, a Hebrew linguistic study and several Jewish native speakers who are believers are all saying it is at the end of the day before the three stars appeared in the sky signifying the start of a new day. Same with a rabbi.

Now I am willing , as a broken down stupid old postal worker to listen to a broken down stupid construction worker. But what do you offer to me in light of Keil and Delitsztch, Arnold FRuchtenbaum, and others who have more brains in their little finger on the word of God than we both have combined?

I don't think you are tossing out wackanoodle theologies. You are sharing what you were taught, as I am sharing what I was taught. I have no problem calling it morning or evening. It is you who is making this all a huge mountain over a grain of sand! Just because I haven't bowed to your opinion. that is a bigger issue than what time of day Adam and Eve walked with god.

Reactions: stovebolts

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you claim to be a professional Bible professor...

Ain't got a thing for you

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So no books, no person conveying this, no article, tract, manuscript, audio or video device? Just dropped inyour lap?
Nope...

As a self edumakated person who was reading scriptures I noticed themes of scriptures.

Like themes in various books of the bible...

This one transcends several books...all the way across the whole Old Testament culminating in that Sunday sunrise.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope...

As a self edumakated person who was reading scriptures I noticed themes of scriptures.

Like themes in various books of the bible...

This one transcends several books...all the way across the whole Old Testament culminating in that Sunday sunrise.

Well I would exhort you to submit your "findings" to you r pastor for verification or some mature saint you trust.

Pastors and teachers are given to the body for our maturing and submitting things we see for verification is safe and validates what God may have given you!

As I said- to you it is a big deal, but I am not concerned whether the cool of the day is morning as you believe or near sunset and Jewish believers, rabbis and several scholars I respect have said.