Instruction in righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We sample God's goodness at regeneration..we are forgiven, cleansed, and given a new motivation from within to fear the Lord and obey His commandments. What is left in us is a template of Christ into which we are to be conformed.

it's called discernment! :) And knowledge and understanding.

You have to see the bigger picture.

Gentiles are like the wild branches that have been grafted into Christ...who are either to bear fruit or be cut off. God doesn't hate the Jews. And we are not more special than they were. So then to whom much is given MORE is required.

Rather than me being too intellectual, I think rather you are seeing things too much from an emotional subjectivity.

God is not a respecter of persons. It is no big deal for God to cause a spiritual birth into a spiritual race. Just like God can make a natural Jew and give him the law.

We will each be judged against the standard we have received...to understand that takes a prophetic understanding based on eternal wisdom. (Toushiyah) Do a study on toushiyah....double sided wisdom.

My studies are every bit guided by the Spirit. How else can one escape the religious options offered by men? But no one will understand that as long as they rely on human religious indoctrination...without going to the Hebrew and Greek and comparing scriptures with scriptures. Do you think the Bereans were wrong to seek out the truth of the scriptures for themselves? Or maybe more people should not just swallow whatever they have been taught?
Going around in circles. And not for the first time it doesn't appear you've been hearing me. Anyway, it's been a long run and since this is going nowhere, I'm exiting the conversation now.

Reactions: Keturah

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Going around in circles. And not for the first time it doesn't appear you've been hearing me. Anyway, it's been a long run and since this is going nowhere, I'm exiting the conversation now.
Yes. The wilderness walk has doctrines that perpetuate a lack of advancement into holiness. It's called "incremental holiness"...which doesn't exist. Looking to be covered by Christ incrementally makes one walk in endless circles. Either one crosses over into the Promised Land...or not.

We can however learn righteousness along the way. That is an Old Testament standard that still applies today. To call that grace is wrong. The New Testament standard is a supernatural walk in resurrection life that is without sin. In Him is no sin.