Interesting that the Bible is "the Word of God", unless someone quotes a translation you disagree with.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
--- PARODY TIME ---

KJO reader: This is what the Word of God says.
NIV reader: Let's compare the NIV translation.
KJO reader: WHAT! ??? That's a terrible translation!
NIV reader: Are you saying it isn't the "Word of God"?
KJO reader: The NIV left verses out of the Bible!
NIV reader: No, the NIV kept the same verse numbering system
but left out verses that didn't belong there in the first place.
KJO reader: THEY REMOVED VERSES FROM THE BIBLE !!!!
NIV reader: No, that's not what happened.
KJO reader: Yes it is what HAPPENED !!!
NIV reader: Show me one.
KJO reader: Here you go.
NIV reader: My footnote accounts for that.
KJO reader: Accounts for verses removed from the Bible? ???
NIV reader: The footnote says: It does not appear in any New Testament
manuscript prior to the end of the 6th century.
KJO reader: It's NOT the Word of God !!!!
NIV reader: Seriously?

Interesting that the Bible is "the Word of God", unless someone quotes a translation you disagree with.

Do you do that?
I often say on here that when many quote the Bible it's the Word of God. When I quote it it's my opinion.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's the difference?

/
Scripture is not understood when read in this our time. Take for an example the following verse...

Colossians 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

It tells you right in the verse what the "all things" are. They are the things the Christ will need after the gathering together of the saints. It lists them... thrones, dominions, principalities, and powers:

Now most of the folks on here stop reading at the words "all things" and then they say see Jesus created everything in the universe. I say it does not say stars and planets. It says thrones and dominions. They then often say to me I believe the Word of God and not your opinion.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is not understood when read in this our time. Take for an example the following verse...

Colossians 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

It tells you right in the verse what the "all things" are. They are the things the Christ will need after the gathering together of the saints. It lists them... thrones, dominions, principalities, and powers:

Now most of the folks on here stop reading at the words "all things" and then they say see Jesus created everything in the universe. I say it does not say stars and planets. It says thrones and dominions. They then often say to me I believe the Word of God and not your opinion.
Big Bang fan?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
In fact, earlier than that (2 Maccabees 12:43-45 recounts that Judas and his army prayed for their fallen comrades that their sin might be forgiven).

There is no 2nd chance in Hell.

So, if you are praying for the dead, you're wasting your time.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Big Bang fan?
By the way, that Bible you turned me onto has an awesome way it translates Galatians 2:20

With Christ have I been crucified: I live; however, no longer I, but Christ lives in me; and the life that I now live in the flesh, I live in the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and delivered himself up for me.