Interesting that the Bible is "the Word of God", unless someone quotes a translation you disagree with.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just love the Father and love others before you die.

Anything that is a doctrine that causes you to start hating others…

That is a road down the dark path.
Just never forget that if one loveth not the SON he loveth not the father .
I say its time we preach the gospel . As far as hate
lets not forget you shall not hate your neighbor in your HEART , you shall in any way correct ,rebuke him
and not allow SIN upon him .
Be encouraged mathew . But again i say its high time we preach the TRUE gospel of CHRIST and all HE did teach .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From God's point of view, I suspect the Bible is very important in letting us know his will. I suspect he has ways of getting that done.
I would agree with you completely!

Isaiah 55:10-11 KJV
10) For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
11) So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Took you a week to come up with that rejoinder, eh?
It's only been minutes to me . . . I've been offline. And did you mean "weekend"? Since it was just Friday? You seem to make quite a few incorrect assumptions about me.
FYI, I expressed a conditional statement, not involving any assumptions.

If you think you can hide behind conditional statements, maybe others can play also?

;)

No need to reply since this entire exchange is pretty much meaningless at this point in my opinion.

Much love!

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's only been minutes to me . . . I've been offline. And did you mean "weekend"? Since it was just Friday? You seem to make quite a few incorrect assumptions about me.

If you think you can hide behind conditional statements, maybe others can play also?

;)

No need to reply since this entire exchange is pretty much meaningless at this point in my opinion.

Much love!
I have a conditional statement . Paradise awaits , IF YE BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST
but IF one DENIES HIM the lake of fire awaits . IF and IF .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God would not teach us what He does, if He thought it was going to cause disputes.
You can't be serious, yet I think you are.

Matthew 10:34 NIV
“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth.
I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You can't be serious, yet I think you are.

Matthew 10:34 NIV
“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth.
I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
You are talking about "Earth", I am talking about "Heaven".

If you think a sword on Earth, limits Heaven, you are mistaken?

Heaven is not for dispute, that is one of its joys!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Would you surrender your own beliefs in the cause of doctrinal unity? To end disputes?

There must need be disputes!...its a wheat and chaff thing
F2F

Reactions: marks

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
Would you surrender your own beliefs in the cause of doctrinal unity? To end disputes?
God would not teach us what He does, if He thought it was going to cause disputes.
What you wrote.

Now you write.
You are talking about "Earth", I am talking about "Heaven".

If you think a sword on Earth, limits Heaven, you are mistaken?

Heaven is not for dispute, that is one of its joys!
How can you claim you were talking about heaven?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
St. SteVen said:

[...]

How can you claim you were talking about heaven?
The Word of God is written in Heaven.

When people think they can change what is written, God just laughs - you can no more change scripture, than you can rearrange the stars.

So to the question, would you give up "the stars" for doctrinal unity: you are misreading the calling of every brother - if you have to give up doctrine to secure a brother's love it is not love.

I mean its an interesting question, but as I said "Jesus said 'if you love Me, keep my words'" - you can ask a brother what his favourite scripture is, but giving up scripture goes to far!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word of God is written in Heaven.

When people think they can change what is written, God just laughs - you can no more change scripture, than you can rearrange the stars.

So to the question, would you give up "the stars" for doctrinal unity: you are misreading the calling of every brother - if you have to give up doctrine to secure a brother's love it is not love.

I mean its an interesting question, but as I said "Jesus said 'if you love Me, keep my words'" - you can ask a brother what his favourite scripture is, but giving up scripture goes to far!
Doctrine is man-made, not God-made.
Doctrine and beliefs are not scripture, they are a response to scripture.
Even biblical doctrines can be in contradiction to each other.
And Bible translations can differ vastly.

On that basis, would you surrender your beliefs for doctrinal unity?

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is false.

Men can't invent what is truth or a religious lie or determine by themselves what God aproves or not.

We need to study the Bible to know those things.

We can't invent a god to our own liking, nor judge ourselves for the eternity under our own laws.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
That is false.
Any doctrine that is presented with biblical support is a biblical doctrine, whether you agree with it, or not.
Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it unbiblical. A concept Christians seem unable to understand.
Biblical doctrines that disagree are in contradiction to each other. It's not a matter or right or wrong.
Baptism doctrines are a good example. Infant baptism is in contradiction with believer's baptism.