Introducing myself

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

once was lost

Oct 3, 2008
Hello, brothers and sisters! Just introducing me.I'm 46, live in South Africa, have a wonderful wife, 2 children and 3 grandchildren.I was brought up to believe in reincarnation, the evolution of the soul and Karma. But (praise God), I was born again over 20 years ago, when I was reading the :bible:, looking for "proof-texts" for reincarnation (of all reasons to read the Bible!) which someone else had said were there (which of course, is not the case!). The Holy Spirit of the Lord convicted me of my sin through the written Word, and of the truth of salvation through repentance and faith in Jesus alone. I "fled like a viper from the wrath to come" to Jesus :cross: and was saved (praise God). Now He is My :shepard: Reincarnation? "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" (Heb.9: 27). (I mean, err... in the resurrection, wich body am I going to pick - I have a choice???) "The evolution of the soul"? No thanks - I'll never, ever "get there". Salvation through the righteousness and shed blood of Christ alone is God's gift that I'll gratefully accept, thank you."Karma"? (Oh, eternal punishement - since I cannot sanctify myself ). No thanks. Baruch haba b'shem Adonai! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD! I'm going to be placing a thread up already in "end times" about something I discovered which is close to my heart and which I feel is urgent and important enough to "shout from teh rooftops"once was lost

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Reincarnation? "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" (Heb.9: 27). (I mean, err... in the resurrection, wich body am I going to pick - I have a choice???)
Welcome to the board! I had to chuckle when you said this. It's true. If there was reincarnation, then we'd have several bodies and when the resurrection came we'd be in trouble recognizing which one was once us!In addition, if people were reincarnated, my question would be where did the extra souls come from since the population is now greater than the past? Reincarnation has to assume a stable population size. Of course that is not the case and it take simple reasoning to prove that reincarnation is not the case.Glad you found the Lord, or I should say, He found you. Praise to Him!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(once was lost;60077)
Hello, brothers and sisters! Just introducing me.I'm 46, live in South Africa, have a wonderful wife, 2 children and 3 grandchildren.I was brought up to believe in reincarnation, the evolution of the soul and Karma. But (praise God), I was born again over 20 years ago, when I was reading the :bible:, looking for "proof-texts" for reincarnation (of all reasons to read the Bible!) which someone else had said were there (which of course, is not the case!). The Holy Spirit of the Lord convicted me of my sin through the written Word, and of the truth of salvation through repentance and faith in Jesus alone. I "fled like a viper from the wrath to come" to Jesus :cross: and was saved (praise God). Now He is My :shepard: Reincarnation? "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" (Heb.9: 27). (I mean, err... in the resurrection, wich body am I going to pick - I have a choice???) "The evolution of the soul"? No thanks - I'll never, ever "get there". Salvation through the righteousness and shed blood of Christ alone is God's gift that I'll gratefully accept, thank you."Karma"? (Oh, eternal punishement - since I cannot sanctify myself ). No thanks. Baruch haba b'shem Adonai! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD! I'm going to be placing a thread up already in "end times" about something I discovered which is close to my heart and which I feel is urgent and important enough to "shout from teh rooftops"once was lost
Welcome to Christianity Board. Hope thou enjoy thy stay here and learn much of the Word of God, with joy, peace, love etc.