Irritating Pearls

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A pearl is formed through an irritant In the clam or oyster. It keeps moving the irritant around until it becomes a smooth pearl.

Perhaps that irritant, annoyance, and suffering in your life is to produce that pearl of great price.

In the gospel, the pearl of great price, is compared to the kingdom of God, something a person sells everything they have to obtain.

Wisdom is also described as a pearl (and a female.)

With a clam, suffering produces the Pearl in it's heart. Perhaps suffering in your life is what is producing pearls in your heart that you most treasure?

Jesus was a member of the Roman Empire. The Roman Empire treasured pearls above almost everything else.

Maybe the fruit of your suffering is producing what you want to treasure the most?

Any thoughts?
download (7).jpg

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for that...nice post. I don't have any fresh thoughts...but thank you for the good reminder...I do have same irritants in my life, it's good to be reminded that they are working 'for my good'. :)