IS ALL SIN FORGIVEN ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Good remedy, it can be both concealing and disarming.
I did it to an evolutionist on a thread by asking how many evolutionists does it take to change a light bulb? The answer is, as many as you like, but they sit down and watch the light bulb for 2 billion years and see it change by itself.

Reactions: DNB

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I did it to an evolutionist on a thread by asking how many evolutionists does it take to change a light bulb? The answer is, as many as you like, but they sit down and watch the light bulb for 2 billion years and see it change by itself.
How apropos!
Unrelated to this forum, but, I like the one that goes like , ...how many psychiatrists does it require to change a light bulb, only one, but the light bulb has to want to change.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Evolutionist society had to postpone their annual general meeting for 1 billion years because they had to allow the minutes of the previous meeting to print themselves out.

Reactions: DNB

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
..ain't it the truth!
The Evolutionist Society had to give up on having their club rooms built after 1 million attempts to take all the building materials up to 2000 feet in the largest cargo plane available, and dumping it all out the back door of the plane and expecting the wood, glass, nails, etc., to land as the completed building.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Evolutionist Society had to give up on having their club rooms built after 1 million attempts to take all the building materials up to 2000 feet in the largest cargo plane available, and dumping it all out the back door of the plane and expecting the wood, glass, nails, etc., to land as the completed building.
Oh, I think that they gave up to soon, ....after all, it took the earth up to the thousandth power times that (conservative), for it to become what it is.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IS ALL SIN FORGIVEN ?
^OP

"Yes".

Romans 14:
[11] For "it is written", As I live, saith the Lord, "every" (ALL) knee shall bow to me, and "every" tongue shall confess to God.

Isaiah 45: (it is written)
[23] I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me "every" (ALL) knee shall bow, "every" (ALL) tongue shall swear.

Phil 2:
[10] That at the name of Jesus "every" (ALL) knee should bow, of things "in heaven", and things "in earth", and things "under the earth";

Mark 3:
[28] Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men..

Glory to God,
Taken

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the only way you can obtain that righteousness that exceed the righteousness of the scribes & Pharisees to enter into that kingdom of heaven is by believing in Jesus Christ.

And so verse 19 is about the believers that have entered into His kingdom of Heaven and they will be judged by how they keep His commandments and even by how they teach others on whether or not they are to be called great or least in His kingdom when He comes to judge His House first. That is where the vessels unto dishonor comes from for why they will be left behind to be resurrected later on for why they are called the least in His kingdom.

Yes to enter the kingdom on earth they had to believe on his name (John 20:31) and would thereby believe on Jesus and seek his righteousness, not their own (Matthew 6:33).

The kingdom of heaven is the Davidic kingdom on earth promised Israel (Exodus 19:5-6 Daniel 7:18 Luke 22:30 Acts 1:6 Deuteronomy 4:40 Luke 1:32-33). This is the kingdom he spoke of. The body of Christ is told we have place in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6).

I don't see where you see a later resurrection however

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Seeing that God exists outside of time and sees the past, present and future all at once, then when Jesus died on the cross, He took the penalty for all the sin that God could see - past, present and future. So that when we received Christ as Saviour, all our sin was placed under the blood of Christ, past, present and future. This is because God not only saw our past sins, but He also sees every sin we will ever commit. It is a fact that even the most righteous believer will fall several times a day, and if there is not the assurance that God has forgiven and cleansed us from all sin, including our future ones, how could we ever have full assurance of salvation?

Of course, some contentious hockey puck will come along and counter this with the old chestnut that believers can go on wilfully engaging in the sinful works of the flesh and still expect to have assurance of salvation, but Paul puts this one to bed by saying, "Where sin does abound, grace does much more abound; so, shall we sin [ie: wilfully continue in the works of the flesh] that grace may abound? God forbid! How can we being dead to sin [wilfully] continue in it?" (The bits in the square brackets is my definition of the type of sin I am talking about.).

The teaching that we have to have Jesus crucified and sacrificed afresh every time we sin is that satanic, pagan Roman Catholic ceremony of the Mass which has the belief that the wafer is the real body of Christ and the wine is the real blood of Christ. So the priest actually eats Christ's body! And deluded souls pray to the box which contains the wafers, believing that the real body of Christ is in it. The whole thing is sheer pagan idolatry and an abomination to God!

Jesus was crucified once, and the Scripture says that He will never die again (Romans 6:9), making the continued sacrifice of the Mass a fraud, and the Jesus who dies every time the Mass is performed one of the imagination.

This therefore means, that the one sacrifice of Christ on the cross, has canceled every sin for the converted believer, past, present, and future.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Israel to have eternal life had to believe on his name John 3:15-18
If they were unrighteous they would not enter into the kingdom and be given authority in it Matthew 5:20 Matthew 8:12 Matthew 22:13 Matthew 25:30 Matthew 25:23

Doug,

We are discussing 1 John and its audience, not the Gospel of John or the Gospel of Matthew. Please direct your comments to my questions regarding 1 John and not spin off into other Bible books.

Oz

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1 John 1:9 is for the remnant of Israel who under covenant had to confess their sins as a nation as seen in Leviticus 26:40-42
I haven't found this to be the case in any references I have. The general view is that John's letters were pastoral letters addressed to the churches in the province of Asia and they would include Jews and Gentiles. He wrote them because the church was in danger of the errors he wrote about. The main themes of the letter are righteousness is evidence of sonship; love for the brethren for those that claim to love God, and believing that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh.

Reactions: Paul Christensen

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Oh dear sooooooooooo funny.

Reactions: Paul Christensen

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

This verse declares we have forgiveness for ALL sin, not as some say, only for sins we confess, and repent of.

Is that good? Is that what God means ? Or is that man's crooked translation/ a wrong meaning ?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

This verse declares we have forgiveness for ALL sin, not as some say, only for sins we confess, and repent of.
So if God's Word is Truth , and it ALL IS,
and as HE SAYS , whoever ENDURES TO THE END SHALL BE SAVED.

No worries, as long as HIS WORD IS TRUE, and they endure as He Says IN HIS WORD.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if God's Word is Truth , and it ALL IS,
and as HE SAYS , whoever ENDURES TO THE END SHALL BE SAVED.

No worries, as long as HIS WORD IS TRUE, and they endure as He Says IN HIS WORD.

Who is this written to?
Not the body of Christ in this dispensation.
This is for the believing remnant of Israel who had to endure til the end to bodily enter the millennial kingdom on earth.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says, “He that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the Israelites?

Isaiah 45:4
For Jacob My servant’s sake, And Israel My elect, I have even called you by your name; I have named you, though you have not known Me.
All who are saved are Gods elect.
Jesus is the true Israel and us in Him.
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Last edited: