IS ALL SIN FORGIVEN ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So my answer to the question, how do I know if I'm saved,

What about the question, the heart-breaking dilemma as it is, for or of the multitudes on forums and family and neighbors and in the places we live, in churches, who remain unsaved ,
regardless if they believe they are saved or not ? (i.e. being massively deceived as Scripture reveals multitudes are ) ......

Steve Owen

Oct 13, 2019
Exmouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What about the question, the heart-breaking dilemma as it is, for or of the multitudes on forums and family and neighbors and in the places we live, in churches, who remain unsaved ,
regardless if they believe they are saved or not ? (i.e. being massively deceived as Scripture reveals multitudes are ) ......
Well the fault lies in the preaching and the teaching.
On the one hand you have those who teach that if you mumble a little prayer to Jesus, you're saved and you can carry on with your life just as before, and on the other, those you tell their congregations / victims that they can lose their salvation and can never have any assurance that they belong to Christ.

One helpful thing would be to stop talking about OSAS, 'once saved, always saved,' and return to 'the perseverance of the saints.' God will keep His elect and will give them strength to persevere through all difficulties and temptations; He will lift them back up when they fall. But that is not a license to sin. 'Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?' Do not be deceived.' 'I tell you.......that those who practise such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.' (1 Corinthians 6:9; Galatians 5:21).

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the fault lies in the preaching and the teaching.
Jesus taught and preached to multitudes, and many walked away from Him - they rejected His (JESUS!) preachings and His teaching.

Where was the 'fault' ?!

On this forum, a few tell the truth, and many visit do not, and are not required to. Where is the 'fault'? They remain uncorrected (most of them).

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You completely do not understand.
Paul is a believer in all of Romans.
Paul was saved before he wrote the letter.
You have followed false teachers who do not understand law or grace.

So are we still under the law? Or are we now lead by the Spirit? Romans 7 is about those under the law. Romans 8 shows freedom from sin walking in the Spirit. I see you may only relate to Romans 7...

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone is led by God's Spirit, they do not contradict Scripture.

So are we still under the law? Or are we now lead by the Spirit? Romans 7 is about those under the law. Romans 8 shows freedom from sin walking in the Spirit. I see you may only relate to Romans 7...

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you asking if being addicted to something like food is sinful?

An addiction controls your life. You cannot serve God and an addiction at the same time. Is not serving God a sin? It is if God told you specifically to serve God. Only each individual can answer that question.

Any sin or addiction will detour you from God. It would be like setting up camp somewhere. You will never be useful, nor gather rewards, just sitting around serving your own desires. Paul says that it is a race to be run, and won.

You are fixated on addictions. I just asked you what your thoughts are on if you are not addicted to anything, and you go on about addictions. IOW, your statement "Being free from sin is not the same thing as not sinning. It just means your sinning does not control you." So what does that mean to someone not addicted to something.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are fixated on addictions. I just asked you what your thoughts are on if you are not addicted to anything, and you go on about addictions. IOW, your statement "Being free from sin is not the same thing as not sinning. It just means your sinning does not control you." So what does that mean to someone not addicted to something.
Sin does not control you. What needs to be explained?

Only that which shall not be mentioned controls you. So if you remove the aforementioned, NOTHING controls you.

Not even my "shouting" should control you or make you mad.

One who accepts and acknowledges the Atonement, nothing nothing nothing controls them.

Now does God control you? That is the other side of the coin .......

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin does not control you. What needs to be explained?

Only that which shall not be mentioned controls you. So if you remove the aforementioned, NOTHING controls you.

Not even my "shouting" should control you or make you mad.

One who accepts and acknowledges the Atonement, nothing nothing nothing controls them.

Now does God control you? That is the other side of the coin .......

What needs to be explained is what I highlighted. Your statement seems like a dichotomy.

"Being free from sin is not the same thing as not sinning.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What needs to be explained is what I highlighted. Your statement seems like a dichotomy.

"Being free from sin is not the same thing as not sinning.
No one can "not sin". Saying that one does not sin calls God a liar. 1 John 1:8

"If we claim not to have sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

The truth would be to say we are free from sin in Christ. That is the Atonement.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can "not sin".
And,

can a baseball player finish a 9 inning game without fouling, without an error ?

Can a tourist

drive 2000 miles cross-country without breaking the law, and without running off the road ?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can "not sin". Saying that one does not sin calls God a liar. 1 John 1:8

"If we claim not to have sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

The truth would be to say we are free from sin in Christ. That is the Atonement.

That is correct. Everyone who does not have Christ will sin and walk in darkness 1 John 1:6; sin is still in their nature. Also 1 John 1:10 So no matter how hard they try, they will still sin, if only in their heart. This is why the next verse is how to become a Christian. They are cleansed from ALL sin, and are no longer sinners but children of God. 1 John 3:1. Then 1 John 3:5 is the result.

I know most churches teach that because John uses the word "we" that all those in 1 John 1 are saved. But the chapter is one of contrasts from verse 5 through verse 10. It is chapter three that shows the difference between those who sin and those who don't. Many church-going sinners prefer to believe the lie, rather than repent and be free from their desire to sin. Only the truth will set us free. Read John 8:32-36

Matthew 7:14
Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Before it is too late, repent and asked to be scrubbed clean. Ask for the gift of the Holy Spirit. If you are still sinning, believe me, you don't have Him. You must be born again of the Spirit.

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..... spirit, ...... flesh. ....... mind ........ soul (the SOUL that sins, dies)

Steve Owen

Oct 13, 2019
Exmouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus taught and preached to multitudes, and many walked away from Him - they rejected His (JESUS!) preachings and His teaching.

Where was the 'fault' ?!
Ultimately it is people's own responsibility to receive the Gospel. John 3:19. 'And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men preferred darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.' John 5:38. 'But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.'

The demand of the Gospel is 'repent and be converted.' There is an inseparable relationship between conversion and repentance. I know a lot of people hear don't like Calvin, but I can't help that. He said, 'The whole ofconversion to God is understood under the term "repentance." The meaning is that, departing from ourselves, we turn to God.'

Scripture commands us to repent. No one else can do it for us; we must do it ourselves. Yet at the same time, the Bible recognizes that it is God who gives the blessing of repentance (Acts of the Apostles 5:31; 11:18; 2 Timothy 2:25) By ourselves, we will never give up our sinful pleasures. Left to follow our desires, not a single person would be saved. But God in His great mercy has elected a vast crowd of sinners of every tribe and tongue, nation and people, and the Lord Jesus Christ has saved them and the Holy Spirit has brought them willingly to repent and to trust in Christ. And they know exactly where their salvation has come from. "Salvation belongs to our God who sits upon the throne and to the Lamb" (Revelation 7:9-10).

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..... spirit, ...... flesh. ....... mind ........ soul (the SOUL that sins, dies)
Is there a third death? Hell and death were cast into the lake of fire. Adam's death was the spirit. All humans die, the body. When the soul (mind, who we are) dies in the lake of fire, third death.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1 John 1:9 is to do with our sanctification, not Justification. This is shown in John's use of the word "we" in the verse, speaking of himself and fellow believers who are already justified by grace through faith alone in Christ.
Sanctification is the process by which we are justified - sanctification is keeping His commandments, which is works. James says believers are justified by their works and faith without works (ie, sanctification) is dead.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a third death? Hell and death were cast into the lake of fire. Adam's death was the spirit. All humans die, the body. When the soul (mind, who we are) dies in the lake of fire, third death.
No. Stick with Scripture as God Breathed and Inspired His Word.
Don't add to it. (remember God adds the plagues to all those who add to His Word)