Is Any Denomination Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do YOU have an original copy of the Bible, Einstein?
Okay, now since we all have translations of copies, you have the same situation with your Didache Bible as our Holy Bible.

We had 50 translators.

How many translators did your Didache Bible require?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like the ignorant anti-Catholic doesn't have a CLUE how to respond to the Scriptural evidence . . .
Hey Catholic, have you ever read this?.....

Acts 2:38 King James Version (KJV)
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, now since we all have translations of copies, you have the same situation with your Didache Bible as our Holy Bible.
We had 50 translators.
How many translators did your Didache Bible require?
"50" translators??
Where do you get this random number??

Oh, and the Didache is not the Bible, Einstein.
It is an instruction manual - a Catechism, called "The Teachings of the Twelve Apostles."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Catholic, have you ever read this?.....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Yup - it's about Baptismal Regeneration (water & Spirit-John 3:5).

Why - do you have a question?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"50" translators??
Where do you get this random number??

Oh, and the Didache is not the Bible, Einstein.
It is an instruction manual - a Catechism, called "The Teachings of the Twelve Apostles."
It is not Holy Scripture to the RCC?

Then why are you stuffing it in Acts 2?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - it's about Baptismal Regeneration (water & Spirit-John 3:5).

Why - do you have a question?
Yes.
Question: if Peter was the first Pope, why don't you obey his first message to the sinners at Pentecost?...

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not Holy Scripture to the RCC?
Then why are you stuffing it in Acts 2?
Where did I "stuff it" in Acts 2?
I never mentioned Acts 2.

Here's a little advice:
The more you lie - the more your case collapses.
Try to stay honest . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.
Question: if Peter was the first Pope, why don't you obey his first message to the sinners at Pentecost?...

We DO.
Why don't YOU?

Acts 2:38-39

Peter [said] to them, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the holy Spirit.u For the promise is made to you and to your children and to all those far off, whomever the Lord our God will call.”

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've got news for ya, Einstein:
NONE of them are Biblical.

Not a SINGLE one . . .
Sure they are.

Rapture...1 Thes 4.
Where did I "stuff it" in Acts 2?
I never mentioned Acts 2.

Here's a little advice:
The more you lie - the more your case collapses.
Try to stay honest . . .
You shoved this Didache in Acts 2 as an addition to verse 38.

Naughty, naughty.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We DO.
Why don't YOU?

Acts 2:38-39

Peter [said] to them, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the holy Spirit.u For the promise is made to you and to your children and to all those far off, whomever the Lord our God will call.”

Really?
The RCC does this....

38 Then Peter said unto them, NEVER MIND REPENTING, BUT BAPTIZE INFANTS IN THE TITLES OF THE FATHER, SON AND HOLY GHOST for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost AFTER THEY GROW UP IF YOU JOIN THE CHARISMATIC MOVEMENT.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are MANY things that are not in the Bible that Protestants believe in and TEACH as "Scriptural":

Sola Scriptura (Scripture Alone)
Sola Fide (Faith Alone)
Accepting Christ as "Personal Lord and Savior"
Age of Accountability
The Rapture
Invisible Church
Limited Atonement
Eternal Security

Soooooo, where did THOSE things come from??
Not all Protestants believe all those. And the ones that do will certainly say their interpretation of it came from the Bible.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure they are.
Rapture...1 Thes 4.
Ummmmmm, not only ids this passage talking about the Resurrection of the Dead at the END and Christ's Return - but "Rapture" is NOWHERE to be found in the text.

1 Thess. 4:13-18
Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.

We will be with the Lord FOREVER.
CONTEXT, my ignorant friend - CONTEXT . . .
You shoved this Didache in Acts 2 as an addition to verse 38.
Naughty, naughty.
And once again - you FAILED to show me where I "shoved" or "stuffed" the Didache into Acts 2.

Maybe a debate and discussion forum isn't the best place for you to be spending your time . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all Protestants believe all those. And the ones that do will certainly say their interpretation of it came from the Bible.
And that's my point.
Not "ALL" Protestants agree on ANYTHING.

Even if they all agree on just ONE of the false doctrines on the list - NONE of them are found in Scripture.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?
The RCC does this....

38 Then Peter said unto them, NEVER MIND REPENTING, BUT BAPTIZE INFANTS IN THE TITLES OF THE FATHER, SON AND HOLY GHOST for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost AFTER THEY GROW UP IF YOU JOIN THE CHARISMATIC MOVEMENT.
And that's why you left the Church - because of your abject ignorance.

WHO said you had to be part of the Charismatic movement to receive the Holy Spirit??
That's NOT what the Church has ever taught. Can you show me this teaching in the Catechism??

As I advised you before - the more you LIE - the more your asinine arguments fall apart . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Age of Accountability

14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

The Rapture

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Invisible Church

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
And that's why you left the Church - because of your abject ignorance.

WHO said you had to be part of the Charismatic movement to receive the Holy Spirit??
That's NOT what the Church has ever taught. Can you show me this teaching in the Catechism??

As I advised you before - the more you LIE - the more your asinine arguments fall apart . . .
When a Catholic gets the Holy Ghost, they bolt from the RCC or join the Charismatic Movement.
When you get the Holy Ghost you will too.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmmm, not only ids this passage talking about the Resurrection of the Dead at the END and Christ's Return - but "Rapture" is NOWHERE to be found in the text.

1 Thess. 4:13-18
Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.

We will be with the Lord FOREVER.
CONTEXT, my ignorant friend - CONTEXT . . .

And once again - you FAILED to show me where I "shoved" or "stuffed" the Didache into Acts 2.

Maybe a debate and discussion forum isn't the best place for you to be spending your time . . .
Rapture is a description of 1 Thes 4 or catching away.
You don’t qualify for this event.
You are not qualifying because you skipped Acts 2:38.
The RCC will cause Rome to be obliterated by the Lord and remain uninhabitable for 1000 years.
You are part of this RCC.
Repent

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
NOWHERE does this support this false doctrine.
It is talking about Christ, who is the Cornerstone. It is NOT talking about Scripture.

Strike ONE . . .
Age of Accountability
14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Ummmmm, WHERE does it mention anything about age??
The Greek word used here παιδιον (pahee-dee'-on) is a generic term for children that means "little child" or "INFANT".

Strike TWO . . .
The Rapture
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Once again, Einstein - this is talking about the Resurrection of the DEAD - at the END, when Christ Returns.
NO mention of a "Rapture" . . .

Strike THREE - you're OUT.
Invisible Church
22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

When a Catholic gets the Holy Ghost, they bolt from the RCC or join the Charismatic Movement.
When you get the Holy Ghost you will too.
Matt. 5:14
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.

Even here in the extra innings - you're OUT.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rapture is a description of 1 Thes 4 or catching away.
You don’t qualify for this event.
You are not qualifying because you skipped Acts 2:38.
The RCC will cause Rome to be obliterated by the Lord and remain uninhabitable for 1000 years.
You are part of this RCC.
Repent
Where is the word "RAPTURE" in Scripture??
Chapter and Verse, please.

While you're at it - WHEN does this event take place?
Are you "Pre", "Mid" or "Post" - and why??

Scriptural
references for your answer, please . . .

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's my point.
Not "ALL" Protestants agree on ANYTHING.

Even if they all agree on just ONE of the false doctrines on the list - NONE of them are found in Scripture.
I find that a bit ironic when 90 percent of Catholicism is tradition, not scripture.