Is Any Denomination Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A LOST soul

To actually believe that we do NOT participate in our salvation is to completely pervert the Word of God.
His grace requires our cooperation. I we don't cooperate with His saving grace - we don't get saved.

Matt. 23:37, Luke 13:34
Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, AND YOU WERE NOT WILLING.

Matt. 7:21
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ONLY THE ONE WHO DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER IN HEAVEN."

STUDY your Bible . . .
We participate with the Lord Jesus in the salvation process in both our own lives and others' lives.

We are even saved by preaching....

However, we are lost by commentary.

Repent, Catholic.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saints ARE sinners.
People who think they aren't sinners don't understand the Gospel.
No, Catholics are sinners.

Saints are free from sin and the Law per their remission of sins by being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Catholics are baptized in the title, son.

They are baptized in my title.

They think highly of me, huh?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How were we able to believe in Jesus Christ?

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

So our believing in Him is a work of God the Father. The Father knows who is seeking Him from those that prefer their evil deeds.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

The fact that we believe is a miracle from God the Father for why the power in God for salvation is by our believing in Jesus Christ.

We labor together with God for ours and others' salvation....

[18] For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. ... [21] For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW where does scripture tell you to sprinkle anyone? Where does it tell you to baptize babies? So many unbiblical practices in the Catholic Church.
The RCC is worried about a water shortage so they advocate sprinkling...LOL

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one who has the bride is the bridegroom; the best man, who stands and listens for him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom's voice. So this joy of mine has been made complete.

Since Jesus is coming soon to receive the abiding bride of Christ to take to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb in Heaven, I don't believe you are talking about the same thing.

You're not married are you?

Peace!

Why? Once you receive your wife into your home, does she still need to be received as if she is not home yet? It is her home. With you.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We labor together with God for ours and others' salvation....

[18] For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. ... [21] For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

So God saved those that believe; no water baptism is necessary for that, but necessary only for discipleship.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God saved those that believe; no water baptism is necessary for that, but necessary only for discipleship.
What happened in Acts 2 while preaching to the murderers of Jesus Christ?

What did the murderers ask?

What did Peter tell them?

What did they do to be saved?...

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We participate with the Lord Jesus in the salvation process in both our own lives and others' lives.
We are even saved by preaching....

However, we are lost by commentary.
Repent, Catholic.
TRANSLATION:
"Duhhhh, you got me again - and I have no response."

Par for the course . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Catholics are sinners.
Saints are free from sin and the Law per their remission of sins by being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.
Catholics are baptized in the title, son.
They are baptized in my title.
They think highly of me, huh?
That's funny - because the Bible says you're a liar:
1 John 1:8

"If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us."

Good luck with that, Einstein . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRANSLATION:
"Duhhhh, you got me again - and I have no response."

Par for the course . . .
To elaborate.

There is the Bible as the lone Holy Scripture.

Then, there is the RCC which is unholy commentary.

The RCC merely tinkers with the Bible, but places all their faith in some kids that say they saw Mary standing in a garbage dump and she told them this and that etc.

They talk to crying statues.

They claim bleeding statues.

1 Tim 2:5 teaches Jesus is the lone mediator, but the RCC developed a chain of mediatory command of priest to Mary to Jesus.

The RCC is complete rumor and speculation.

Good thing the RCC is not in charge of sending men into space!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's funny - because the Bible says you're a liar:

"If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us."

Good luck with that, Einstein . . .
Remission of sins per Baptism in the name of Jesus Christ gives the recipient a clean conscience before God, thus we are free from our sins.

It is a pardon from sin, which Catholics do not have....

18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To elaborate.
There is the Bible as the lone Holy Scripture.
Then, there is the RCC which is unholy commentary.
The RCC merely tinkers with the Bible, but places all their faith in some kids that say they saw Mary standing in a garbage dump and she told them this and that etc.
They talk to crying statues.
They claim bleeding statues.
1 Tim 2:5 teaches Jesus is the lone mediator, but the RCC developed a chain of mediatory command of priest to Mary to Jesus.
The RCC is complete rumor and speculation.
Good thing the RCC is not in charge of sending men into space!
Here's a question for ya, Einstein:
HOW do you know that the Bible is the Word of God?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remission of sins per Baptism in the name of Jesus Christ gives the recipient a clean conscience before God, thus we are free from our sins.

It is a pardon from sin, which Catholics do not have.
Not a pardon from FUTURE sin.
NOWHERE does the Bible teach this.

EVERY future sin must be repented of.
STUDY your Bible, Einstein . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a pardon from FUTURE sin.
NOWHERE does the Bible teach this.

EVERY future sin must be repented of.
STUDY your Bible, Einstein . . .

Repent, Roman Catholic!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The RCC is worried about a water shortage so they advocate sprinkling...LOL
And ignorant people don't read 1st Century manuscripts like the Didache (Teachings of the Twelve Apostles), which describes their instructions for Baptism.
Go find a grown-up to read the following to you so you can understand . . .

The Didache, Chapter 7. Concerning Baptism
And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living water. But if you have not living water, baptize into other water; and if you can not in cold, in warm. But if you have not either, pour out water thrice upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit. But before the baptism let the baptizer fast, and the baptized, and whatever others can; but you shall order the baptized to fast one or two days before.

Stop embarrassing yourself, Einstein . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Repent, Roman Catholic!
This is talking about the freedom from the EFFECTS of sin, Einstein.
It doesn't say that you won't sin again.

Otherwise - the Holy Spirit would NOT have inspired John to write:

Do your homework . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Afraid to answer the question?

I'll ask you AGAIN:
HOW
do you know that the Bible is the Word of God?
The Bible itself, after I received the Holy Ghost baptism.

Now, what made you come to the conclusion the Bible is not the word of God?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is talking about the freedom from the EFFECTS of sin, Einstein.
It doesn't say that you won't sin again.

Otherwise - the Holy Spirit would NOT have inspired John to write:

Do your homework . . .

Catholic, did you find a contradiction in the word of God?