Is Any Denomination Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And ignorant people don't read 1st Century manuscripts like the Didache (Teachings of the Twelve Apostles), which describes their instructions for Baptism.
Go find a grown-up to read the following to you so you can understand . . .

The Didache, Chapter 7. Concerning Baptism
And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living water. But if you have not living water, baptize into other water; and if you can not in cold, in warm. But if you have not either, pour out water thrice upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit. But before the baptism let the baptizer fast, and the baptized, and whatever others can; but you shall order the baptized to fast one or two days before.

Stop embarrassing yourself, Einstein . . .
LOL!!!

I love reading RCC commentary!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible itself, after I received the Holy Ghost baptism.
Sooooo, the BIBLE told you that it is the Word of God?
Was it a voice inside your head - or did your Bible actually have a mouth that spoke?

How did your Bible tell you that it is the Word of God??

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a pardon from FUTURE sin.
NOWHERE does the Bible teach this.

EVERY future sin must be repented of.
STUDY your Bible, Einstein . . .
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Are servants of righteousness, sinners?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholic, did you find a contradiction in the word of God?
Once again, Einstein - this is talking about the freedom from the EFFECTS of sin, Einstein.
It doesn't say that you won't sin again.

As a matter of fact - the Bible WARNS Christians not to fall back into a life of willful sin or they will LOSE their security . . .
(Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Tim. 4:1, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19).

Sooooo, what do you do with that, Einstein??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are servants of righteousness, sinners?
I serve a righteous God and I am a sinner.
So are YOU.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo, the BIBLE told you that it is the Word of God?
Was it a voice inside your head - or did your Bible actually have a mouth that spoke?

How did your Bible tell you that it is the Word of God??
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you....

And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

....not RCC commentary.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, Einstein - this is talking about the freedom from the EFFECTS of sin, Einstein.
It doesn't say that you won't sin again.

As a matter of fact - the Bible WARNS Christians not to fall back into a life of willful sin or they will LOSE their security . . .
(Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Tim. 4:1, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19).

Sooooo, what do you do with that, Einstein??

Ask the Catholic to fix his new found "contradiction".

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you....
And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

....not RCC commentary.
And WHERE does this verse say that the Word of the Lord is the Bible??
WHERE
does it list the Books??

Can you show me that verse??
If not - WHO told you that the New Testament was the Word of God??

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And ignorant people don't read 1st Century manuscripts like the Didache (Teachings of the Twelve Apostles), which describes their instructions for Baptism.
Go find a grown-up to read the following to you so you can understand . . .

The Didache, Chapter 7. Concerning Baptism
And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living water. But if you have not living water, baptize into other water; and if you can not in cold, in warm. But if you have not either, pour out water thrice upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit. But before the baptism let the baptizer fast, and the baptized, and whatever others can; but you shall order the baptized to fast one or two days before.

Stop embarrassing yourself, Einstein . . .
That's not in the Bible.
There is debate as to the didaches authenticity.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THANK YOU for admitting that the Catholic Church is First Century Church.
Problem is, the Bible forgot to mention the black box that the 1st century church used to fill with priests to mediate the saints sins.

It only mentioned water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

Please help fix this.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask the Catholic to fix his new found "contradiction".
Well, you had your chance to simply admit you were wrong.
Now I have to publicly chastize you with the Word.

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth
, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.
Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

Matt. 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
This one is self-explanatory - even to a blind person . . .

1 Cor. 9:27
"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."
Paul is saying that he wrestles with his own fleshly desires so that he might not fall back into sin.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot blot out a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

These Scriptural warnings were ALL written to BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Problem is, the Bible forgot to mention the black box that the 1st century church used to fill with priests to mediate the saints sins.
It only mentioned water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

Please help fix this.
TRANSLATION:
"I can't refute the Didache because it was written while the Apostles were STILL ALIVE in the 1st century - so I'll change the subject."

Yup - that's what I thought, Einstein . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And WHERE does this verse say that the Word of the Lord is the Bible??
WHERE
does it list the Books??

Can you show me that verse??
If not - WHO told you that the New Testament was the Word of God??

The highlighted.

Now, are you officially denouncing the Bible as the word of God?

If so, is the word of God enduring forever some other way I need to know about per this?...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you had your chance to simply admit you were wrong.
Now I have to publicly chastize you with the Word.

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth
, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.
Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

Matt. 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
This one is self-explanatory - even to a blind person . . .

1 Cor. 9:27
"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."
Paul is saying that he wrestles with his own fleshly desires so that he might not fall back into sin.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot blot out a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

These Scriptural warnings were ALL written to BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS . . .
Looks like the Catholic is not walking in the Spirit, huh?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRANSLATION:
"I can't refute the Didache because it was written while the Apostles were STILL ALIVE in the 1st century - so I'll change the subject."

Yup - that's what I thought, Einstein . . .
Where is this "Didache" found?

Is it an original, 2000 year old manuscript or a copy of a copy?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not in the Bible.
There is debate as to the didaches authenticity.
There are MANY things that are not in the Bible that Protestants believe in and TEACH as "Scriptural":

Sola Scriptura (Scripture Alone)
Sola Fide (Faith Alone)
Accepting Christ as "Personal Lord and Savior"
Age of Accountability
The Rapture
Invisible Church
Limited Atonement
Eternal Security

Soooooo, where did THOSE things come from??

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are MANY things that are not in the Bible that Protestants believe in and TEACH as "Scriptural":

Sola Scriptura (Scripture Alone)

Age of Accountability

The Rapture

Invisible Church

Soooooo, where did THOSE things come from??

Only these 4 are fine for doctrine.