Is baptismal regeneration…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no command that the baptizer must say with the mouth Jesus. There is no Power in saying the His name outloud in baptism. Your doctrine is unbiblical.
Listen to this Phrase: In the name of Jesus Christ.
You believe Gods word is teaching it must be spoken with the mouth.
Then you must obey Colossians 3:17 the same exact way!
Here is the phrase again,
-and whatever you do in word or deed, do ALL IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.
So, you must say that name Jesus in ALL THAT YOU DO
Not just in baptism.
In Jesus name brush teeth,
In Jesus name take shower
In Jesus name start car
In Jesus name kiss kids goodbye
In Jesus name buy lunch
In Jesus name eat lunch
In Jesus name take bap
You want me to believe the baptizer must say with His mouth out loud Jesus.
Then you must also interpret Colossians 3:17 exactly the same way for
IT IS THE EXACT SAME PHRASE.
God does not command in water baptism that Jesus must be said outloud or the baptism does not save!

Philip did not say it when he baptized the Ethiopian Eunch,
Acts 8:37-38.
You can say he did but that is your bias that is only presuming without evidence.
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

...except baptize?

Is that your stance?

Baptism is not word, nor deed?

Acts 2:38, 8, 10 and 19 baptisms in the name of Jesus are not word or deed but a scriptural mirage?

Are you of this group?....

18 And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some folks' lifetime labor is to keep the name of Jesus completely out of baptism.

What a bizarre calling.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some folks' lifetime labor is to keep the name of Jesus completely out of baptism.

What a bizarre calling.
The baptizer can say " I baptize you in the name of Jesus" if he wants. You missed the point of Colossians 3:17. You bind saying Jesus when this phrase is in scripture in the name of Jesus Christ Acts 2:38. Therefore you must bind this phrase be spoken where it occurs in other passages like Colossians 3:17. You wont because you know that is not what the phrase means you must do, yet you keep claiming it in baptism. Say it in all that you do. Then I will take you seriously.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Jesus' name to be spoken out loud with the mouth in baptism as Truther demands?
Truther believes the phrase in Acts 2:38...in the name of Jesus Christ, commands Jesus be spoken with the mouth.

Colossians 3:17 uses the exact same phrase but here it says in All that you do, do it in the name of Jesus. Truther will not bind that Jesus name must be spoken outloud in all that you do.
So Truther contradicts the meaning of "in the name of Jesus Christ".
One passage Truther demands that it is teaching Jesus' name be said outloud
And the other he ignores as if the phrase is not there.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The baptizer can say " I baptize you in the name of Jesus" if he wants. You missed the point of Colossians 3:17. You bind saying Jesus when this phrase is in scripture in the name of Jesus Christ Acts 2:38. Therefore you must bind this phrase be spoken where it occurs in other passages like Colossians 3:17. You wont because you know that is not what the phrase means you must do, yet you keep claiming it in baptism. Say it in all that you do. Then I will take you seriously.
Water baptism In the name of Jesus Christ is both word and deed.

It is Col 3:17 in action.

A person cannot just think the name of Jesus and not speak it. We are condemned or justified by our words and acts. Not by our thoughts.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some think that by just saying “the son”, they are saying Jesus. But the fact is, when we say “Jesus”, we are speaking of the son.

Catholics and her daughters all have it wrong and backwards.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some think that by just saying “the son”, they are saying Jesus. But the fact is, when we say “Jesus”, we are speaking of the son.

Catholics and her daughters all have it wrong and backwards.
Catholics sprinkle babies. That is not baptism. You failed to give just one scripture where God commands the baptizer to say the name Jesus outloud for God to accept that persons baptism.
And you never will because you cannot.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water baptism In the name of Jesus Christ is both word and deed.

It is Col 3:17 in action.

A person cannot just think the name of Jesus and not speak it. We are condemned or justified by our words and acts. Not by our thoughts.
You just say this. A person can say and claim anything. Until you prove with scripture there is a distinction between Acts 2:38 and Colossians 3:17, you are just making presumptions.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics sprinkle babies. That is not baptism. You failed to give just one scripture where God commands the baptizer to say the name Jesus outloud for God to accept that persons baptism.
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,

as per the next chapter....

6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

Did you know that Peter used to verbally say "Jesus", when doing words or deeds?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just say this. A person can say and claim anything. Until you prove with scripture there is a distinction between Acts 2:38 and Colossians 3:17, you are just making presumptions.
I guess some folks have to be not only led to water, but forced to drink it.

The command by Jesus and the Apostles is to baptize in Matt 28:19, Mark 16:16 and Acts 2:38, 8, 10 and 19.

Still, some say, "prove it!"....LOL.

Face it, you are not one of these folks....

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, ....

Jesus' name is NOT called upon you and you realize it, but just keep attempting to justify yourself, anyhow.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess some folks have to be not only led to water, but forced to drink it.

The command by Jesus and the Apostles is to baptize in Matt 28:19, Mark 16:16 and Acts 2:38, 8, 10 and 19.

Still, some say, "prove it!"....LOL.

Face it, you are not one of these folks....

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, ....

Jesus' name is NOT called upon you and you realize it, but just keep attempting to justify yourself, anyhow.
BIG SURPRISE Truther ignores Colossians 3:17. You have no credibility as long as you pretend this verse does not exist.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BIG SURPRISE Truther ignores Colossians 3:17. You have no credibility as long as you pretend this verse does not exist.
17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Everyone say "all"!

Okay, baptism is BOTH word and deed.